TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby SAI Bashing

39Mustang

All of this is like a bunch of high school kids in the school yard. Over the last forty years of going to shows and being a continuing member of local and national car clubs (six right now), I have listened to and ignored numerous chest thumpers. There have been original 1960s Cobra owners who put down classic Shelby Mustangs, owners with 65-67 Shelby Mustangs who believe they are the last original factory built Shelbys. Owners of anything from the classic year Shelby Cobras and Mustangs that feel that after CS left for South Africa, all future cars with his name have no value, especially anything he did with Chrysler/Dodge. And then came the continuation Cobras, first those with the original left over chassis and those with fiberglass bodies like the repo cars for the critics to pick on. Later we have those who will never acknowledge the only Shelby built from the ground up, the Series 1, because it was not affiliated with or powered by Ford. For the next level of argument, there are the post title Shelby cars and Shelby licensed vehicles that are not built in the SA shop. And on it goes.

There will always be a critic that wants to see his view as being higher and more valid than others. Never mind what CS' decided and endorsed in his name. Don't feed the trolls! I find it more appealing to move on to enjoy those here and elsewhere that enjoy their Shelby named vehicles. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I guess this would be considered resurrecting an old post, but I have two cents left after buying my Shelby so I want to add it. I have bled blue all my life. I am Ford first, and Mustang second. Some of us are average people who have average jobs, average incomes, and families we take care of. For some of us there are limits you have to put on a purchase. Sure I would love to have a KR, a Supersnake, a '14 GT500, a '68 KR, a 67 GT...........but alas, some of us just have to make sacrifices and save, and scrimp, and sell to get one we can love and cherish. It took me 40 years of working and making mistakes to finally be able to buy my "dream car" and it took everything I had to lay down a big down payment and finance the rest. So I end up with a plain ole 07 GT500 that to me is spectacular. And since I am at my limits and cant put another 20-30,000 dollars on a more "rare" or "desirable" Shelby, I am going to make this one my own by putting KR parts on it. I'm not adding anything that has KR written on it, but things like CF splitter, mirror caps, hood, fake super snake wheels, you know.....a poor man's KR Shelby. And just to let the purist know, I'm not passing off as a KR, so in my humble opinion its not a clone. I feel I can do this because I'm never selling this car. Its my mistress, and my wife understands. Like Clint said, " A man has to know his limitations.

PS: The haters can get bent :yahoo:

I have ZERO patience for bashers. That is the primary reason I have never ever taken one of my cars to a car show. I may drive one to the show, but I park far away and make certain that it is NOT on display.

You can stroll through the show, enjoying the eye candy (and the cars too :hide: ), and listen to the a$$hats commenting to their buddies...

Drives me crazy for the poor dude that poured his hard earned scratch into his baby, and is just trying to enjoy the day.

As far as mustang6g.com is concerned, I've never even looked at a forum thread on there. When it was brand new, I looked at a few articles and spy shots they were posting up on the home page (as I'm sure we all did, to get a sneak peak at the S550). At the time, they seemed to have the cutting edge early shots of what was happening with them.

There are d**kheads all over the planet. Some love to hide behind their keyboards and be tough guys. Others are more outspoken, like what I mentioned above at shows......you can't stop it. All you can do is like someone above said....Don't feed the trolls.

We've proved that works right here on TS, over the years. Lord knows we've had plenty of em try and infiltrate our site.

It used to pi$$ me off, but I have learned that in time they go away, and really, the only people I care bout are the "good" guys on here that share my passion and we ALL know who WE are! :salute:

I guess this would be considered resurrecting an old post, but I have two cents left after buying my Shelby so I want to add it. I have bled blue all my life. I am Ford first, and Mustang second. Some of us are average people who have average jobs, average incomes, and families we take care of. For some of us there are limits you have to put on a purchase. Sure I would love to have a KR, a Supersnake, a '14 GT500, a '68 KR, a 67 GT...........but alas, some of us just have to make sacrifices and save, and scrimp, and sell to get one we can love and cherish. It took me 40 years of working and making mistakes to finally be able to buy my "dream car" and it took everything I had to lay down a big down payment and finance the rest. So I end up with a plain ole 07 GT500 that to me is spectacular. And since I am at my limits and cant put another 20-30,000 dollars on a more "rare" or "desirable" Shelby, I am going to make this one my own by putting KR parts on it. I'm not adding anything that has KR written on it, but things like CF splitter, mirror caps, hood, fake super snake wheels, you know.....a poor man's KR Shelby. And just to let the purist know, I'm not passing off as a KR, so in my humble opinion its not a clone. I feel I can do this because I'm never selling this car. Its my mistress, and my wife understands. Like Clint said, " A man has to know his limitations.

Sounds like you're gonna do some "2nd day mods", which are perfectly acceptable. Nothing wrong with clones, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, so they say, as long as someone isn't trying to pass it off as original and being deceitful about it. Have fun with your mods and the car. I'm looking for one of those myself next year.

I enjoy participating in car shows to meet new people and old friends, check out what people are driving, support a club or charity, and tend to ignore the negatives that will occasionally happen. After so many years and shows, the dipstick mindless comments just wash past me. I only have an issue with those who insist on their very nice Shelby wanna-be is the real thing. I like clone/replicas and the work involved but no tolerance for deception. As far as the sour grapes trophy whores, they need to work on attitude and find out how they can improve their display piece. I frequently display one of my cars in a show in a non-judge, display only section and like to answer questions.

Edited by 66GT350PS

I have ZERO patience for bashers. That is the primary reason I have never ever taken one of my cars to a car show. I may drive one to the show, but I park far away and make certain that it is NOT on display.

You can stroll through the show, enjoying the eye candy (and the cars too :hide: ), and listen to the a$$hats commenting to their buddies...

Drives me crazy for the poor dude that poured his hard earned scratch into his baby, and is just trying to enjoy the day.

As far as mustang6g.com is concerned, I've never even looked at a forum thread on there. When it was brand new, I looked at a few articles and spy shots they were posting up on the home page (as I'm sure we all did, to get a sneak peak at the S550). At the time, they seemed to have the cutting edge early shots of what was happening with them.

There are d**kheads all over the planet. Some love to hide behind their keyboards and be tough guys. Others are more outspoken, like what I mentioned above at shows......you can't stop it. All you can do is like someone above said....Don't feed the trolls.

We've proved that works right here on TS, over the years. Lord knows we've had plenty of em try and infiltrate our site.

It used to pi$$ me off, but I have learned that in time they go away, and really, the only people I care bout are the "good" guys on here that share my passion and we ALL know who WE are! :salute:

:thumbsup: Well said!

I have zero tolerance for the trash talkers. Especially the guys that talk down to people who like other brands of vehicles. Purists and elitists are the folks that typically fall into that bucket. That lead to me being very selective about what forums I spend time on... regardless of the forum type.

I'll take my cars to a car show once or twice a year, if its for a charity I want to support and I know the organizer. Mostly things like Wounded Warrior Project or Fisher House. I just ignore the noise and remember I'm there to help raise money for a good cause.

I really enjoy the local cruise-in scene. Most of the people at the cruise-ins are in it for the fellowship, share stories, and just to have like-minded people to hangout with.

And just to let the purist know, I'm not passing off as a KR, so in my humble opinion its not a clone. I feel I can do this because I'm never selling this car. Its my mistress, and my wife understands. Like Clint said, " A man has to know his limitations.

As an owner of several limited production and numbered vehicles, I can say that I am not only not offended by clones and tribute cars, I think it's flattering. As long as the car is badges for what it is and/or people are not trying to pass off their clone/tribute car as authentic, I really don't see any issues at all. Plus.... your car and your money. Even if I didn't like it or find it offensive, too bad for me. I have no right to push my views on others. No one does.

I really hope you enjoy your car and get it were you want it!

I used to go to shows every chance I had. I no longer have the patients to sit for 5 hours at shows. Now I mostly arrive late, walk around, buy a hotdog and leave. lol

My car looks much better in motion anyways. :shift::drop:

https://youtu.be/a8a6CKJY3PM

shep, what a cool video! Watching the people stare at your arse, as you pull away.....priceless!!

Looks like there was some REALLY NICE cars there that day!! :worship:

BTW, thanks guys for the nice comments. It's just true! :cool::thumbsup:

Edit- Great thread topic BTW, 39.

Edited by BIKEBOY

Trouble maker!!

:hysterical:

Well said buddy BB.............. :thumbsup:

It's easy enough to either ignore, or better yet mock the negative comments. My personal favorite was when we were at the first night's event at the '14 Shelby Bash and had driven our then 3 week old '14 GT500 there and I happened to overhear 2 people talking about how crazy we were to have actually *gasp* driven our brand new GT500 all the way from SF to get to Vegas! :drop: I just said "It's not a flower!" and kept on walking past them as they stared at me strangely...There's always people out there that feel the need to be negative. And if the attendees in question are reading this, well, it just sucks to be you! :petting:

I belong to the 6G forum, I read what I want to read and leave.

Some good info there as thats how I got ideas for the DIY kit for my trans cooler on the Tech Pack GT350.

There is alot of bashing on there, I scroll through it and read what I want.

+1

I have found that Cars and Coffee seems to be one of the most diverse opportunities to meet good people and see all sorts of cars... and it's free. So I bring the Cobra or the GT500 for an hour or so, get my coffee and donut, and walk around to see all sorts of cool cars. Everyone in CLT seems to get it. This is a local gathering/celebration of gear heads and we rarely have any bashing going on. I guess it does exist, but I don't pay attention much. I'm there to enjoy seeing all the great cars that are around my area and then I take off and do my thing. I really don't choose to stay very long because I'd much rather be driving than drooling.

As for the other forum... or any forum for that matter I wouldn't know. Outside of occasionally coming to TS, I don't do forums anymore... or any type of social media for that matter. My idea of being social is actually seeing people face to face and hanging out in real life.

• 5 months later...

How many of you visit the Mustang6g.com website for anything? The site usually has some good and fresh Mustang news on cars, parts, and everything else, however I was looking around in their forums specifically the one on the New Shelby Mustang unveiling at B-J and man are they bashing all the SAI built cars. Most of the big mouths are guys who own the new 16-17 Shelby GT350 and GT350R and one big mouth's exact words were 'oh great more bolt on crap with badges' and others say 'more overpriced crap that few will own'. This would be exactly why the older and original SAAC people hate the newer Shelby people for uneducated remarks just like that.

I left a challenge for some of the arrogant mouths to come to the Shelby Bash in March with their new GT350's and lets see how their mouths do against our bolt-on Shelby GT's, 2011 GT350's, GT500KR's, Super Snakes, and the little Rabbit Terlingua's!

I have no issues with the new GT350's and R's I like them a lot but these guys are calling the SAI built Shelby's bolt-on crap so c'mon bring it to the track and talk the talk

I love all cars and would never hurt or bash anyone about their car preference - I'm in my 60's and just ordered a 50th Anniversary SS out of all the cars today I picked the 2017 SS, I work with a guy who has owned a couple of Roush Stage 3 and was excited to tell him about my new ride, he said you could have bought 2 Roush for what you paid for the SS - I just bit my tongue and said i have always admired your ride! The people here at SA are great to work with!

RSR

I love all cars and would never hurt or bash anyone about their car preference - I'm in my 60's and just ordered a 50th Anniversary SS out of all the cars today I picked the 2017 SS, I work with a guy who has owned a couple of Roush Stage 3 and was excited to tell him about my new ride, he said you could have bought 2 Roush for what you paid for the SS - I just bit my tongue and said i have always admired your ride! The people here at SA are great to work with!

RSR

Key words are- "owned a couple of Roush stage 3". You can just tell him if he bought a Shelby, he would have loved it too much to trade it for another.

I recently landed on this forum and bought membership on two criteria: Quality of content (all you SA souls) and lack of back-biting. I did spend a good amount of time learning the significance of MY '16 vs MY '17 prior to making a purchase and I found most of that detail on that OTHER site in combination with the commercial publications.

My number one decision to never invest a dime there was the level of immaturity in posting and purposeful trolling of some very obvious "Alpha-members". Earlier in the thread someone wrote that it reminded him of high-school and I couldn't agree more. I've got no patience left for that. Call me an old codger but I could never get my head around the "my car is better than yours" drivel.

I came to TS with the goal of learning the history of the brand, The Man and more about the car I chose to have an enduring relationship with. Everyone that has responded to anything I've posted on any topic has been respectful, courteous and welcoming in every regard. The affiliation with the Foundation and single source for real SA info without the hate and hyperbole is why I'm here and NOT on that OTHER site.

They all need to grow up over there. Cheers all!

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings from a new member. Agree with RSR, MarcSpaz, and many others posters here. No need to bash anyone. Spirited discussion in good taste and manner is valued. Backbiting is not good taste.

Not everyone has the scratch to purchase Shelby-badged equipment, and some are reluctant to put their classics on the road daily due to all the "challenged drivers" out there... so I under the desire to clone Shelby and other models.

Hard to believe with passing of all these years, that our 1967 Shelby American GT350 is 50 years old (!) and we just added a modern-day 2016 Shelby Ford GT350 to the shop.

Color aside (Competition Orange w/ white stripes), the modern-day GT350 compliments technology of the old GT350's 289 HiPo (Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes). Superchargers and turbos are interest areas, just as well-designed, normally-aspirated engines are. Makes for an interesting technology mix each approach has its merits and niche interest. Simply amazing the power, braking, and fuel efficiencies available in modern-day Shelby and other Mustang-based vehicles.

Closing with a reprise, love the pragmatism displayed in the GT350 naming convention stories:

"Carroll was asking another person in the production program what the distance was from the office to the shop and the reply was about 350 feet. It became the GT 350. The Ford GT 40 received its name because it was only 40 inches tall" and...

"Carroll noted that the meeting over the name was taking too long and decided GT350 was okay, despite concern by some in the room that there might be confusion over the engine size with that number. Carroll responded that if it was a good car, the name wouldn't matter; if it was a poor one, the name wouldn't save it."

• 4 weeks later...

Look, I got my balls broken over in this very forum by SGT owners when I had my '08GT500. A lot said it "wasn't a real Shelby" since it was built entirely at FoMoCo.

I shoot Nikon and get my balls busted by Canon shooters. Same with owning pretty much anything. Some people just need to put other things down I guess. It is what it is man. Some people are just......how shall I say it..."assholes". Yup, that about sums it up.

To be honest, it's one of the reasons I no longer go to car meets or shows. Tired of hearing others talk bullshit. I'd rather drive the car as opposed to talking about them. I own an '09 KR and a Daytona Coupe "replica". I know a lot about the history of Shelby so I really don't want to hear some non educated people talk about something they don't know anything about. When I read posts (on any forum), I try to wade past the bullshit.

GT 350 OLD/NEW WELCOME! I OWN A 65 GT350 CLONE AND DRIVE IT EVERY DAY. I DO NOT HAVE THE SCRATCH TO OWN A REAL ONE, LET ALONE A NEW SHELBY, BUT I KNOW A LOT ABOUT THE HISTORY AND LOOK FORWARD TOWARDS THE FUTURE. THIS CLUB IS MY ONE FAVORITE THING ABOUT SHELBY! I HAVE BEEN TO EVENTS MEETING ALL KINDS OF PEOPLE, FROM THE SHELBY PRESIDENT TO OWNERS OF NON SHELBY CARS THAT ARE JUST AS ENTHUSIASTIC AS I AM ABOUT THE BRAND, IS WHAT MAKES THIS COMMUNITY AWESOME IN MY EYES!