TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby SAI Bashing

39Mustang

How many of you visit the Mustang6g.com website for anything? The site usually has some good and fresh Mustang news on cars, parts, and everything else, however I was looking around in their forums specifically the one on the New Shelby Mustang unveiling at B-J and man are they bashing all the SAI built cars. Most of the big mouths are guys who own the new 16-17 Shelby GT350 and GT350R and one big mouth's exact words were 'oh great more bolt on crap with badges' and others say 'more overpriced crap that few will own'. This would be exactly why the older and original SAAC people hate the newer Shelby people for uneducated remarks just like that.

I left a challenge for some of the arrogant mouths to come to the Shelby Bash in March with their new GT350's and lets see how their mouths do against our bolt-on Shelby GT's, 2011 GT350's, GT500KR's, Super Snakes, and the little Rabbit Terlingua's!

I have no issues with the new GT350's and R's I like them a lot but these guys are calling the SAI built Shelby's bolt-on crap so c'mon bring it to the track and talk the talk

How many of you visit the Mustang6g.com website for anything? The site usually has some good and fresh Mustang news on cars, parts, and everything else, however I was looking around in their forums specifically the one on the New Shelby Mustang unveiling at B-J and man are they bashing all the SAI built cars. Most of the big mouths are guys who own the new 16-17 Shelby GT350 and GT350R and one big mouth's exact words were 'oh great more bolt on crap with badges' and others say 'more overpriced crap that few will own'. This would be exactly why the older and original SAAC people hate the newer Shelby people for uneducated remarks just like that.

I left a challenge for some of the arrogant mouths to come to the Shelby Bash in March with their new GT350's and lets see how their mouths do against our bolt-on Shelby GT's, 2011 GT350's, GT500KR's, Super Snakes, and the little Rabbit Terlingua's!

I have no issues with the new GT350's and R's I like them a lot but these guys are calling the SAI built Shelby's bolt-on crap so c'mon bring it to the track and talk the talk

If you go back a few Years on the SAAC Forum Site, those guys did the same thing when CS started back up building Cars in 2006. In fact several of them still bash CS himself with there little Digs. That's why I didn't renew my membership.

If you go back a few Years on the SAAC Forum Site, those guys did the same thing when CS started back up building Cars in 2006. In fact several of them still bash CS himself with there little Digs. That's why I didn't renew my membership.

That`s one of the reasons I didn`t renew & I had been a member since early 80`s.

I read that thread about the Shelby Unveil. A lot of people need to learn to how to read the teaser photo. They are like ooo i guess its an AC Cobra or Series 1 type vehicle. 1st off, it clearly states a Shelby Mustang in the photo and 2nd, it also uses a hashtag of #50years, so it has to be a GT500 related thing

the guys at Mustang6g can be very questionable sometimes. There is some major "players" on that forum, and people think what they say it true so they will take the same stance. Then of course you have your "expert" technicians that think if you do this or that it will make it the part much better, but they have no clue what type of process it is to create stuff.

I always have to laugh about people bashing over people about putting side scoops, hood scoops, louvers, etc.. on their car because it hurts the aerodynamics of the car. Yet they never took a car to a wind tunnel to test the difference between a car with scoops or a car without scoops.

Edited by ShelbyEra08

I like all Mustangs from ever year and not a huge fan of Fox-body cars however I am not bashing my own fellow Mustangers. That's why I said bring it on

Never heard of that site, so now I know to just avoid it should I run across it in the future.

I'm not a member there but I visit the site every morning as the site post up a Mustang news article nearly every day. I learned of the GTE and SA's planned unveiling at BJ a day before there was any word of it here. It took SA another day or two after it was unveiled to acknowledge the GTE here. SA has someone actively managing their Facebook with SA news and events but not Team Shelby?

Aside from that, a good percentage of the crowd over there are recently converted import (Japanese and Euro) owners who clearly have no idea about the Mustangs history, not just Shelby's. Yes, there is a good deal of SA bashing over there and some of it is justified. While the GTE is certainly a great Shelby we were all little baffled by it.

Edited by EL SHELBY

I AM VERY PROUD TO BE PART OF TEAM SHELBY. TO BAD SAAC MEMBERS HAVE TO HAVE THAT KIND OF ATTITUDE. DON'T THEY REALIZE THAT THERE HISTORICAL #'S MATCHING CARS WERE PUT TOGETHER THE SAME WAY AS THEY ARE NOW. I WILL TELL YOU THIS MY FRIENDS, IF MY 65 WAS A TRUE GT 350, I WOULD STILL BE A MEMBER OF TEAM SHELBY. THE PAST IS IMPORTANT, BUT THE PRESENT AND FUTURE OF SHELBY'S LEGACY IS JUST AS IMPORTANT. EVEY TIME I MEET PEOPLE ON THE STREETS, I NOT ONLY LOVE TO TALK ABOUT THE HISTORY OF SHELBY, BUT THE NOW JUST AS MUCH!

I'm very thankful to have one of the finest cars built by SA. The last of the officially signed off on by Carroll himself. The whiners will whin, but they just don't understand the significance of having a truly built car by SAI. Sorry for them ( not )....

Edited by william strauch

I'm not a member there but I visit the site every morning as the site post up a Mustang news article nearly every day. I learned of the GTE and SA's planned unveiling at BJ a day before there was any word of it here. It took SA another day or two after it was unveiled to acknowledge the GTE here. SA has someone actively managing their Facebook with SA news and events but not Team Shelby?

Aside from that, a good percentage of the crowd over there are recently converted import (Japanese and Euro) owners who clearly have no idea about the Mustangs history, not just Shelby's. Yes, there is a good deal of SA bashing over there and some of it is justified. While the GTE is certainly a great Shelby we were all little baffled by it.

What SA bashing is justified? I made no comment about club so this has nothing to do with Team Shelby or SAAC but rather these GT350 owners on that site refer to the SAI cars as bolt-on crap which is very insulting not just to us owners but everyone inside SAI who build these cars everyday. I really like the new GT350's if offered with automatic I would have bought one but these arrogant clowns make comments without knowing the true history about the man or the cars. I wish they bring their mouths to the Shelby Bash

What SA bashing is justified? I made no comment about club so this has nothing to do with Team Shelby or SAAC but rather these GT350 owners on that site refer to the SAI cars as bolt-on crap which is very insulting not just to us owners but everyone inside SAI who build these cars everyday. I really like the new GT350's if offered with automatic I would have bought one but these arrogant clowns make comments without knowing the true history about the man or the cars. I wish they bring their mouths to the Shelby Bash

It is awesome to see someone have such a great passion for SA that it genuinely seems to make you mad about people bashing SA. We need more of that in Team Shelby, people who stand up for the brand and will defend it at any time. That's totally cool. And well you have that passion for Mustangs in general which is awesome.

Now saying that, I don't think that everything SA has done has been awesome and a great success. But I would never go around forums and bash SA because I think something is nothing but bolt ons or whatever. But I will always love Shelby no matter what they do. If I don't agree with a certain build then so be it. But Shelby has my loyalty even though i don't own an SS or KR or any other Shelby except my GT500.

But 39mustang, if you see me at the Bash which I'm sure you could recognize my car, come on over and say hi I'd love to meet you and talk Mustang and Shelby with you. :thumbsup:

What SA bashing is justified?

I'm not certain how to respond to that. I associate 'bashing' with 'criticism'. No one, no entity, escapes justified criticism. Not 'all' GT350 owners on that forum agree that SA produces cars with 'Bolt-on crap'. There are several active TS members, who own both SA modified products as well as Ford/Shelby products over there.

Are you suggesting that SA has made the right decision with every product they have produced? I'm not willing to make that claim. Does this mean SA only produces crap? No, not even close. But I'm not the only active, and long time TS member, who knows the history, loves the brand, who has scratched their head at some of the offerings made by SA.

It is awesome to see someone have such a great passion for SA that it genuinely seems to make you mad about people bashing SA. We need more of that in Team Shelby, people who stand up for the brand and will defend it at any time. That's totally cool. And well you have that passion for Mustangs in general which is awesome.

Now saying that, I don't think that everything SA has done has been awesome and a great success. But I would never go around forums and bash SA because I think something is nothing but bolt ons or whatever. But I will always love Shelby no matter what they do. If I don't agree with a certain build then so be it. But Shelby has my loyalty even though i don't own an SS or KR or any other Shelby except my GT500.

But 39mustang, if you see me at the Bash which I'm sure you could recognize my car, come on over and say hi I'd love to meet you and talk Mustang and Shelby with you. :thumbsup:

+1, and my point as well.

I really dig the new photo in your signature!

Hey guys - plenty of love across all these groups. Don't let a small number of outspoken loud mouths speak for the entire group. Plenty of great people in both Team Shelby and SAAC in my opinion.

Here is how I see it......I have left a few Forums because of those few people AND because the Mods did NOTHING to stop it. Since the Mods did NOTHING about those people, that told me that the Mods were OK with it, therefore they deserve the BAD Reputation they have.

I'm not certain how to respond to that. I associate 'bashing' with 'criticism'. No one, no entity, escapes justified criticism. Not 'all' GT350 owners on that forum agree that SA produces cars with 'Bolt-on crap'. There are several active TS members, who own both SA modified products as well as Ford/Shelby products over there.

Are you suggesting that SA has made the right decision with every product they have produced? I'm not willing to make that claim. Does this mean SA only produces crap? No, not even close. But I'm not the only active, and long time TS member, who knows the history, loves the brand, who has scratched their head at some of the offerings made by SA.

To me, Bashing is Bashing......with Criticism, you have a chance to change someone's mind or it might change yours.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. They don't understand that there Shelby GT 350 is basically a Mustang with Bolt Ons too, the only difference is, WHO bolted them on.

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

I haven't been over there, ever. I have no idea why a GT350 owner would bash SA. I mean, unless I am missing something, isn't SA (and past interations) where the roots for the factory production SVT and Shelby cars come from? Its not just marketing rights... but heritage.

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at that. They don't understand that there Shelby GT 350 is basically a Mustang with Bolt Ons too, the only difference is, WHO bolted them on.

Do you mean the SA version? The '16-up GT350 has a unique engine, suspension and front end.

Edited by Secondo

I was thinking the same thing. LOL

I haven't been over there, ever. I have no idea why a GT350 owner would bash SA. I mean, unless I am missing something, isn't SA (and past interations) where the roots for the factory production SVT and Shelby cars come from? Its not just marketing rights... but heritage.

They same reason why SAAC people came over here to bash GT500 and '16-up GT350's saying that they aren't "real" Shelbys. Both sides are unjustified.

Yea, that seems odd. I just looked at their site. Looks like if you have a SA car built between 62 and 70, you're good. Anything after that wasn't "built by CS", so it's not a real SA car. Wow. Kind of an elitist attitude to say the least.

Yea, that seems odd. I just looked at their site. Looks like if you have a SA car built between 62 and 70, you're good. Anything after that wasn't "built by CS", so it's not a real SA car. Wow. Kind of an elitist attitude to say the least.

Several of the SAAC Guys will even go as far to say that 1968 thru 1970 are not REAL Shelby's because they were not built at SAI.

Keith posted this on Mustang6g

A lot of passion on this forum, which I appreciate!
A couple things I'd like to point out. Most important is that Shelby is partnered solely with Ford for our vehicles. In order to modify such an outstanding base platform, everything we do now is with cooperation and approval with them. This is why we get to unveil cars in their booths! The new vehicle features a few nice first-to-market products and I know there are going to be a few parts on this car that members on the forum will wish to purchase. Parts that we designed that are exclusive to our company. We even use a few OE manufacturing partners on this forum that you guys know and love. The new car in Ford's booth is also a strong exercise in bringing back a competitive offering in parts support for Shelby Performance Parts. We're not restricting as many production vehicle parts from distribution and also, the emphasis is offering pricing that is competitive in the market. Our market, now, is worldwide and we sell (and build) Shelbys in the UK, Germany, Australia, South Africa, Canada and China. The embargo for the new car is lifted next Thurs, 19th at 11am PST. Mustang 6g admins have been added to press list. I know I'm not on these forums often but will always happily answer questions (that I can) directly by email keithc@shelby.com I know there will be lots after the car is unveiled. Thanks so much for the enthusiasm and support!