TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Prince dead at 57

Minnesota Cars and Coffee is just blocks away from his studio, and driving by will never have the same presence. RIP to a great musician and man who remained put together until the end. The Twin Cities will miss him☔️

His guitar rendition of the Beatles classic While My Guitar Gentle Weeps is second to none. They spotlight beginning at 3:29 in the video.

What a tragedy today. An unbelievable composer and musician. May he RIP.

Edited by springer

Is that related to the emergency stop his plane had to make in IL for a medical emergency?

I think so. The latest is that the Plane had to make an Emergency Landing and Paramedics had to give him a "Life Shot" because he OD'ed on Percocet.

Story has it Clapton was asked 'What's it like being the best on guitar?, He responded 'no idea, but you should ask Prince.' (Paraphrasing)

Urban Legend. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Eric Clapton has been on record in reputable magazines stating that Australian Guitarist Tommy Emmanuel was the greatest Guitar Player he had ever heard. Most Americans don’t even know who Tommy Emmanuel is. Go search for his You Tube videos. The guy is amazing. . Clapton also had much admiration for Chet Atkins as well. While Prince was an innovative musician and a talented guitarist, he typically wouldn’t even be anywhere near the Top Ten of all-time greats on guitar lists.

Not trying to start an argument over who the greatest Guitar Player is or was, just pointing out the Clapton comment that was posted here has already been called out on several sites as urban legend and click bait on Snopes and several other sites.

In regard to people talking about the “OD” several days before his death. Even if he did happen to “OD” several days ago that doesn’t necessarily mean he was a drug abuser. If he had the flu it is not uncommon for doctors to prescribe codeine (an opiate) cough syrup or codeine pills to help manage the pain of cough and the aches and pains associated with flu. Flu can severely weaken people and it is not uncommon for people to “OD” accidentally because Codeine can suppress breathing and in turn cause the body to not be able to expectorate (cough up mucus) effectively and it can cause distress that can send you to the hospital. He had no recent history of drug abuse, so why speculate here, the toxicology report will be out soon. RIP.

Edited by mhr1961

In regard to people talking about the “OD” several days before his death. Even if he did happen to “OD” several days ago that doesn’t necessarily mean he was a drug abuser. If he had the flu it is not uncommon for doctors to prescribe codeine (an opiate) cough syrup or codeine pills to help manage the pain of cough and the aches and pains associated with flu. Flu can severely weaken people and it is not uncommon for people to “OD” accidentally because Codeine can suppress breathing and in turn cause the body to not be able to expectorate (cough up mucus) effectively and it can cause distress that can send you to the hospital. He had no recent history of drug abuse, so why speculate here, the toxicology report will be out soon. RIP.

That is so true. Once I heard that he was battling the Flu, the first thing that popped into my head was Heath Ledger who was sick and OD'ed on Scrips by accident. That is why I rarely take Meds, it is to easy to get hooked on them..

Edited by tesgt350

His guitar rendition of the Beatles classic While My Guitar Gentle Weeps is second to none. They spotlight beginning at 3:29 in the video.

What a tragedy today. An unbelievable composer and musician. May he RIP.

That solo by Prince was incredible, spot on, on the highest notes pure and clean with the Prince magic added touch :), maybe Eric was being coy, but all in all that was one of the best, maybe better at the moment than Eric played it? RIP Prince,RIP.

Can't say I was a fan of his music, but obviously many were and it's very sad to see so many great entertainers go out at such young ages.

Urban Legend. Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.

Eric Clapton has been on record in reputable magazines stating that Australian Guitarist Tommy Emmanuel was the greatest Guitar Player he had ever heard. Most Americans don’t even know who Tommy Emmanuel is. Go search for his You Tube videos. The guy is amazing. . Clapton also had much admiration for Chet Atkins as well. While Prince was an innovative musician and a talented guitarist, he typically wouldn’t even be anywhere near the Top Ten of all-time greats on guitar lists.

Not trying to start an argument over who the greatest Guitar Player is or was, just pointing out the Clapton comment that was posted here has already been called out on several sites as urban legend and click bait on Snopes and several other sites.

You can't OD on any prescription meds if taken as directed, regardless of your bodies tolerance to them. There's a big difference between an OD and respiratory depression.

Even if he was addicted, which seems to be pure speculation at his point, in order to OD, the person has to take a massive amount of meds at one time, and unless forced, that is an intentional act. Doesn't matter how easy it is to get the meds, nobody is forcing someone to take that many pills at one time.

Even if he was addicted, which seems to be pure speculation at his point, in order to OD, the person has to take a massive amount of meds at one time, and unless forced, that is an intentional act. Doesn't matter how easy it is to get the meds, nobody is forcing someone to take that many pills at one time.

I agree that's like blaming a gun in a shooting instead of blaming the shooter.

I agree that's like blaming a gun in a shooting instead of blaming the shooter.

And the families of the Sandy Hook kids are suing Remington and another manufacturer because it's supposedly their fault an idiot got a gun and killed people. Our legal system is so fracked to even allow this to go to court. Every time I see a commercial about suing some drug manufacturer I want to beat a lawyer senseless. Although I don't think that's possible because they obviously have no sense to begin with.

You can't OD on any prescription meds if taken as directed, regardless of your bodies tolerance to them. There's a big difference between an OD and respiratory depression.

Your key word there is IF. Heath Ledger die from Scrips. Your system gets used to them and they don't work as well so you take more and it just goes bad from there.

Your key word there is IF. Heath Ledger die from Scrips. Your system gets used to them and they don't work as well so you take more and it just goes bad from there.

But it's still the fault of the user...no different than alcohol it's everywhere does it mean you have to drink more?....a Doc can give me all the pills in the world it's up to me to use

common sense on how I use them pills...It's funny how now days there's no more self responsibility it's always someone else's fault for my issues.

And the families of the Sandy Hook kids are suing Remington and another manufacturer because it's supposedly their fault an idiot got a gun and killed people. Our legal system is so fracked to even allow this to go to court. Every time I see a commercial about suing some drug manufacturer I want to beat a lawyer senseless. Although I don't think that's possible because they obviously have no sense to begin with.

Again I agree it's so stupid....If I go out tonight and kill someone with a Mustang does it make sense for the family members to go out and sue Ford or the dealer I bought it from..wow how twisted

Again I agree it's so stupid....If I go out tonight and kill someone with a Mustang does it make sense for the family members to go out and sue Ford or the dealer I bought it from..wow how twisted

The unfortunate part is that in today's society, suing is the new way of making money the old fashioned way. Whether or not a suit has merit, it is cheaper to settle the suit out of court than it is taking it to trial. It is a B.S way of doing things, but to try and ban it, would prevent legitimate suits (like Takata airbags or suits like that) from moving forward.

Mark

But it's still the fault of the user...no different than alcohol it's everywhere does it mean you have to drink more?....a Doc can give me all the pills in the world it's up to me to use

common sense on how I use them pills...It's funny how now days there's no more self responsibility it's always someone else's fault for my issues.

Agree 100% Keith.

Substitute Porsche for Ford and what the Walker family did. And then you've got courts approving suits against gun manufacturers. If I were a judge I'd start throwing these suits out but they'd just appeal and find some liberal court that supports that every problem is someone else's and that there is no individual accountability any more. It's the same mentality that changed corporate responsibility from individuals to committees. I left because noone could make a decision any more and when I did, well, you know...

Edited by twobjshelbys