TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2015 Terlingua (Digibash)

Droog

Since checking them out at the 2014 Vegas Bash I've been really fascinated with the Terlinguas. I knew OF them before the event but seeing them upclose and personal really got me thinking more about the V6 powerhouse. I had an idea rattling in my head of whether to try and make a tribute Terlingua using either an older body like a '65 but, working at a dealership, my attention turned to the 2015 model.

I wasn't terribly interested in the new body, despite seeing it up close and praising it as one of the most beautiful cars Ford has produced, but as a Mustang I'm like a lot of you: skeptical. After getting home I started to think more and more, the 2015 will be at least 300hp, and the new IRS and altered driving geometry could make it quite the track performer and, spiritually, falls in line with what the Terlingua is all about (or at least what I THINK it's all about)

I'm not a graphic designer, nor expert, but below you'll find my attempt to conceptualize what a 2015 Terlingua might look like. Triple Yellow seems to be the best base for the project, as opposed to Black with a yellow hood, and despite some wonky perspective here and there and some pixelated edges I think I at least got the idea across. You guys tell me what you think!

lO0i91k.jpg

I knew I forgot something! I forgot both the rocker panel and the door number. I'll tweak the image tonight.

Also, who currently owns the rights? I assume this is why Shelby makes the GTS now instead of the Terlingua?

I don't really have the time, technical knowledge, and disposable funds to make this kind of thing happen at the moment (the actual snake takes all that away), but I've been really thinking if one of these V6's comes back from rental companies (we get the majority of our preowned V6's from Hertz, Enterprise, etc.) and it's a cheap price in Triple Yellow it might be a hoot of a time to tear out unwanted weight, paint the hood, drop some forced induction and make a track car.

Like I said before, I'm still skeptical to the new Mustang's presence as a Mustang, but for some reason when I look at it in the light of a Terlingua everything seems to click just right.

A man can dream.

Yeah I am kicking myself as well. The Vista Blue one above is the only one that has a glass roof.

I found a 5 speed with a glass Roof 6 cylinder in IL that I was going to buy to get to it converted but I backed out because it had to be a 6 cylinder I just couldn't get over the fact that it had ot be a 6 cylinder. If we could have gotten V8's converted I would have done it but now when you see how much they are worth and how cool they are it would have made a lot of sense to get one converted.

That would be Mr. Bill Neale, and BNMS Enterprises. Carroll's long time friend.

Very slick rendering!

except for whatever reason Bill does not want to cooperate with SAI or was it previous management that burned that bridge? Its a shame because a 2015 Terlingua with the eco-boost could be good

If you come to Terlingua, you can probably get the whole story out of someone. We get pretty loose late at night when the "shine" gets passed around.

You guys can guess what the reasons might be, but I can promise you, they wont be discussed here or in public settings, or any form written. I will ask that we respect the manner in which we discuss things Terlingua, and the right to privacy all parties involved may have in that.

I will say that I dont think there is a single person here that would not like to see a new Terlingua, and we all agree the market is most certainly there.

That's cool.

I like the "53" meatball.

"Herbie The Love Bunny"?

Jer

• 4 months later...

Very cool!

I finally got a chance to see two Terlinguas in person at the 50th in Charlotte.

I am really kicking myself for not getting one produced!

086_zps77dbaf92.jpg

084_zps0a0ea627.jpg

Russ, Love the first picture...you caught the drivers side of my car in the pic...I had forgot I parked next to them in Charlotte for the 50 Celebration.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, number and rocker stripe: CHECK!

wfPbPop.jpg

This does look really good hopefully the right people are watching! Can you do the same picture using a White and or Black car?

Just to be clear- They were available on any V6 2005-2009 and there were a few 2005-06 builds, though most are 2008-2009.

Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't sure exactly what years they were available. I was trying to say I would prefer the earlier models rather than 2015 platform rendering.

Archived