TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Supporting Vendors have Vanished

crawlina

Robert,

We at Champion Mustang have interest in continuing to be a supporting vendor. We have sent emails through the Team Shelby website asking about this that still go unanswered. All the supporting vendors and banners vanished overnight without anyone emailing or calling us. You guy's have our credit card info on file since we make purchases everyday Shelby is open for business, so payment obviously is not the issue. I'm sure you prefer us to send you an email directly instead of using this forum, but even our emails we sent you in 2011 are still unanswered. So this forum is the only way we can get some answers. Currently we're looking at other websites to be a supporting vendor and they're very responsive to our emails. Sorry to be blunt about this and no disrespect to you but I don't know of any other way to contact you privately to get a response.

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

Robert,

We at Champion Mustang have interest in continuing to be a supporting vendor. We have sent emails through the Team Shelby website asking about this that still go unanswered. All the supporting vendors and banners vanished overnight without anyone emailing or calling us. You guy's have our credit card info on file since we make purchases everyday Shelby is open for business, so payment obviously is not the issue. I'm sure you prefer us to send you an email directly instead of using this forum, but even our emails we sent you in 2011 are still unanswered. So this forum is the only way we can get some answers. Currently we're looking at other websites to be a supporting vendor and they're very responsive to our emails. Sorry to be blunt about this and no disrespect to you but I don't know of any other way to contact you privately to get a response.

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

Shelby has discussed the advertiser program going forward and have not come to a decision as of yet.

Ok this sound like it will get really interessting here. :lurk:

Does anyone know what happened to all the Team Shelby supporting vendors? All the supporting vendor forums and banners have vanished.

The advertising contracts with each vendor have long expired.

Nothing to do with JLT, who like other advertisers expired a long time ago.

Robert,

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

Shelby has discussed the advertiser program going forward and have not come to a decision as of yet.

My first thinking was that Shelby don't like to have vendors telling somebody here on Team Shelby again, like JLT have done, if they have copy again one of the products from a Team Shelby vendor. Anyway, i hope that this will never happen (i mean that they copy something) again!

I really love the things that Shelby had bring out so far on the market (ok the oil separator copy i dislike) and if i have money again to buy something from Shelby Performance Parts i will do it, but my second thinking now is that it looks like Shelby thinks now that they don't need anymore the support from vendors to help bringing out the Shelby name on the street and that they are now big enough to survive by themselves with the Speed Shop and all the Cars you can upgrade now with a Shelby packages.

After the Ford Focus ST and now the Ford Raptor (by the way i love the Shelby Raptor and can't wait to see a Focus ST Shelby driving on the German Nürburgring) i already can see in the future a Ford Fiesta ST Shelby version or maybe a Shelby Camaro coming up the road.

I really wish Shelby American good luck for the future and hope that Shelby American don't overestimate themselves with the Shelby brand because i still want to buy myself (if i finally have the money together) a Super Snake upgrade for my GT500 with museum delivery. :salute:

OK STOP!!! A Shelby Camaro?? Really?? :hysterical2: NO, i think (and hope) that this never will happen!!

Robert,

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

Last time I called the phone lines worked perfectly.

None of us know exactly what is going on, but what does that have to do with getting a reply from an e-mail? To me it is down right rude not to reply to someone especially when it is your job to do so. I have sent many folks at Shelby numerous e-mails and the only one that got back to me every time is Jer, most of the other ones were ignored. A customer should never have to change their communication preference to appease a Company, it should be the opposite.

Ok this sound like it will get really interessting here. :lurk:

My first thinking was that Shelby don't like to have vendors telling somebody here on Team Shelby again, like JLT have done, if they have copy again one of the products from a Team Shelby vendor. Anyway, i hope that this will never happen (i mean that they copy something) again!

I really love the things that Shelby had bring out so far on the market (ok the oil separator copy i dislike) and if i have money again to buy something from Shelby Performance Parts i will do it, but my second thinking now is that it looks like Shelby thinks now that they don't need anymore the support from vendors to help bringing out the Shelby name on the street and that they are now big enough to survive by themselves with the Speed Shop and all the Cars you can upgrade now with a Shelby packages.

After the Ford Focus ST and now the Ford Raptor (by the way i love the Shelby Raptor and can't wait to see a Focus ST Shelby driving on the German Nürburgring) i already can see in the future a Ford Fiesta ST Shelby version or maybe a Shelby Camaro coming up the road.

I really wish Shelby American good luck for the future and hope that Shelby American don't overestimate themselves with the Shelby brand because i still want to buy myself (if i finally have the money together) a Super Snake upgrade for my GT500 with museum delivery. :salute:

OK STOP!!! A Shelby Camaro?? Really?? :hysterical2: NO, i think (and hope) that this never will happen!!

What this actually means that, at this point, parts and merchandise can be posted on Team Shelby without being an authorized advertiser - so, it's more of an open format until we evaluate a policy going forward.

We've also taken down the announcement/guidelines pertaining to Team Shelby "commercial" advertisers, however, some notes in each classified section remain at this moment.

As one will notice, we haven't taken down posts made from commercial entities, providing they follow the same guidelines as everyone else.

In effect, where we used to collect money from commercial entities posting on Team Shelby, we are not currently doing such.

What this actually means that, at this point, parts and merchandise can be posted on Team Shelby without being an authorized advertiser - so, it's more of an open format until we evaluate a policy going forward.

We've also taken down the announcement/guidelines pertaining to Team Shelby "commercial" advertisers, however, some notes in each classified section remain at this moment.

As one will notice, we haven't taken down posts made from commercial entities, providing they follow the same guidelines as everyone else.

With all due respect. We're a commercial entitiy and if this is the case where are all of our posts? They've all vanished? If you do come to a decision, will Team Shelby Management make the effort to reach out to all the now former Supporting Vendors who have money in hand for advertising?

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

I really don't want to put out dirty laundry on this forum. I only posted the subject because we can't get in touch with Team Shelby Management. Email doesn't seem to be a good form of communication. I didn't want to come out to say they haven't answered our voice messages since 2011. So yes, phone lines do work perfectly. But they aren't effective if there's no answer and messages aren't returned. WIth all do respect, please don't make any negative comments regarding this sensitive subject without all the facts. We're still trying to get the facts on why Team Shelby Management no longer cares for advertising funds from supporting vendors and vendor support the continue to promote the Shelby brand. I know it sounds counter productive and obviously there has to be a logical reason than what we have read on this forum so far. Whatever that reason is, they're making it obvious they don't want to make it public. Our point is for them to reachout to us and other former supporting vendors to discuss the topic since we're unable to get them to communicate to us privately.

So please be respectful with any comments to help Team Shelby Management come to a solution with it's now former supporting vendors so we all can restore the "Supporting Vendor" section. Postive feedback from Team Shelby members on the value of having Supporting Vendors, promoting new licensed Shelby products and special promotions. This forum helps everybody as long as well all work together promoting Shelby products.

Respectfully yours,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth (which is most likely depreciated and now valued at less than 1 cent of which Obama will tax and take most of, but here goes):

When I was heavily involved in motorcycle track days and a local related forum, we had vendors advertising and paying a fee. Unfortunately, this created some problems. Some vendors took advantage of and monopolized the forum. In addition, a pissing match began between competing vendors and unhappy customers so all the dirty laundry was made public. This went on unchecked long enough that it discouraged forum members from participating as they were tired of the ongoing banter. I was one of the moderators at the time and it was a daily chore to keep up with reading all the posts and deleting unappropriate material which eventually wore me out. I resigned from the forum, stayed away for 2 years and recently looked at the site. There is NO activity to speak of. Everyone left. Its a ghost town now and we had thousands of regional members.

My point is simply this: I come to the Shelby forum to have web based conversation and discussions mainly about all things Shelby. I'm not interested in vendor advertising and believe Shelby should keep their forum clean. Vendors should be welcome to be a forum member and frankly the best advertising is word of mouth. However, negative comments from a vendor or any form of aggressive communication should not be tolerated and only put the vendor in a bad light anyway. Word of mouth is the best advertising and I appreciate the information when I come to the forum and someone posts something positive about a vendor they worked with who gave good service and had great product/product knowledge. My opinion is the Shelby forum should move forward in this fashion with no vendor advertising. This forum population is diverse and large enough to share vendor news without advertising banners all over the place.

As previously stated, my comments aren't worth much. Just another man's opinion albiet based upon personal experience so please take it as food for thought.

With all due respect. We're a commercial entitiy and if this is the case where are all of our posts? They've all vanished? If you do come to a decision, will Team Shelby Management make the effort to reach out to all the now former Supporting Vendors who have money in hand for advertising?

Sincerely,

J.D.

Champion Mustang

As stated above, at this point, there's nothing prohibiting Champion Mustang from posting products for sale providing that they are in their appropriate section - whether you're a commercial entity or not. Team Shelby has NOT billed or charged certain vendors to advertise for years, so this isn't about the money. With that being said, yes, we will certainly reach out to legacy advertisers for renewals.

All posts from November 2012 and forward were moved to their appropriate section within TS. Before we entertain moving posts prior to 2013, we want to wait a little to see what the policy will be moving forward. See screen shot below.

81131.png

My point is simply this: I come to the Shelby forum to have web based conversation and discussions mainly about all things Shelby. I'm not interested in vendor advertising and believe Shelby should keep their forum clean. Vendors should be welcome to be a forum member and frankly the best advertising is word of mouth. However, negative comments from a vendor or any form of aggressive communication should not be tolerated and only put the vendor in a bad light anyway. Word of mouth is the best advertising and I appreciate the information when I come to the forum and someone posts something positive about a vendor they worked with who gave good service and had great product/product knowledge. My opinion is the Shelby forum should move forward in this fashion with no vendor advertising. This forum population is diverse and large enough to share vendor news without advertising banners all over the place.

Yes, another way of looking at this.

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it is worth (which is most likely depreciated and now valued at less than 1 cent, but here goes):

When I was heavily involved in motorcycle track days and a local related forum, we had vendors advertising and paying a fee. Unfortunately, this created some problems. Some vendors took advantage of and monopolized the forum. In addition, a pissing match began between competing vendors and unhappy customers so all the dirty laundry was made public. This went on unchecked long enough that it discouraged forum members from participating as they were tired of the ongoing banter. I was one of the moderators at the time and it was a daily chore to keep up with reading all the posts and deleting unappropriate material which eventually wore me out. I resigned from the forum, stayed away for 2 years and recently looked at the site. There is NO activity to speak of. Everyone left. Its a ghost town now and we had thousands of regional members.

As previously stated, my comments aren't worth much. Just another man's opinion albiet based upon personal experience so please take it as food for thought.

I agree 1000%

If I want an opinion on a mod, I don't want to ask the guy who stands to profit........I want the opinion of guys who went down that road before me.

If I want product information, I'll contact the vendor directly.

What I don't want is to see is the crap in the Oil Seperator Thread :nonono:

This has nothing to do with the advertising issue, but I can attest to emails and phone calls not being returned, at least in the past. Back in 2008 when I first purchased my GT500 I joined Team Shelby. When my membership expired I tried to renew..... twice, through email and phone call. Now this was years back and things may have improved, but the reason I am not a Team Shelby member today is because no one ever got back to me. At this point I lurk and occasionally post, but have no interest in becoming a member again.

Chip

Archived