TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 Delivered

Yes mongoose just like the GT 350 Ford has come up with another cool gift for the GT500. The chevy boys did the same with the solid model on a magnetic base. After owning the GT500 now I can say the visceral experience is a 10 and the C8 is a 7. It’s been a real awakening after owning both cars. Sure the C8 turns more heads but once there are 30,000 on the road that will fade. Plus that’s not what I bought the car for.
Jeff was so kind to give me the information on those decals. He Has already tracked his car twice. From watching all the videos this car on the track no matter the temperatures keeps it’s cool. The ford engineering took this serious and delivered in spades. All GT 500’s come with the exact same 6 radiators. There is so much engineering in this car it makes for some interesting reading. Ford included a coffee table book covering the GT500 history from the beginning to the present. All the engineering facts are in the book also  On the cover is a rapid red GT500.....cool. 

49268E4C-800F-404C-9A1C-AB8FC7B7D73A.jpeg

7679F5C2-8FB8-40D9-8D90-7A7604EBD27D.jpeg

4B494393-1404-4623-9BA0-3E34B3C72A00.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

On 8/20/2020 at 6:56 AM, mach 1 1970 said:

Yes mongoose just like the GT 350 Ford has come up with another cool gift for the GT500. The chevy boys did the same with the solid model on a magnetic base. After owning the GT500 now I can say the visceral experience is a 10 and the C8 is a 7. It’s been a real awakening after owning both cars. Sure the C8 turns more heads but once there are 30,000 on the road that will fade. Plus that’s not what I bought the car for.
Jeff was so kind to give me the information on those decals. He Has already tracked his car twice. From watching all the videos this car on the track no matter the temperatures keeps it’s cool. The ford engineering took this serious and delivered in spades. All GT 500’s come with the exact same 6 radiators. There is so much engineering in this car it makes for some interesting reading. Ford included a coffee table book covering the GT500 history from the beginning to the present. All the engineering facts are in the book also  On the cover is a rapid red GT500.....cool. 

49268E4C-800F-404C-9A1C-AB8FC7B7D73A.jpeg

7679F5C2-8FB8-40D9-8D90-7A7604EBD27D.jpeg

4B494393-1404-4623-9BA0-3E34B3C72A00.jpeg

Hey bud, that's a pretty cool book to have with all those technical drawings & pics, plus all the info on the new 2020 Shelby GT500.   It really sounds like your completely sold on the GT500 and it’s the “Real Deal” more than the new C8 Corvette.  Being you have owned and driven both of these two very cool new “Supercars” I’ll take your word and I value your opinion on what you said and rated them, just saying!   But, as we all know, “Opinions” can vary greatly from one person to another, so will give it the benefit of time and see how it all shakes out in the wash!!!!    :shrug:    :whistling:

11 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Got the letters and numbers installed not easy. 

E5184A44-18E4-4A43-BB4C-478CDD6FDE90.jpeg

Hey bud, now that’s one “Awesome” looking ( Street or Track Terror) and that’s a real keeper in my book, just saying!    :cool:  P.S. Nicely done!

8 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

This virus gives me a lot of time on my hands. So I fixed the supercharger gift piece . To match  my car rapid red. 

1B85D116-403D-4517-A364-802C5F49DD11.jpeg

7FB61F6D-AE5C-48CD-9012-FF89A129DD41.jpeg

Hey bud, that display turned out really nice.  Remember a few posts back I asked you what that Supercharger piece is made out of, well I’m still waiting for the answer or did it slip your mind???   I know we’re all getting older, if you know what I mean!!!!!     :doh:

7 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, that display turned out really nice.  Remember a few posts back I asked you what that Supercharger piece is made out of, well I’m still waiting for the answer or did it slip your mind???   I know we’re all getting older, if you know what I mean!!!!!     :doh:

Aluminum from what I can tell. Yes these days I’m forgetting where I parked my car. 

14 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Aluminum from what I can tell. Yes these days I’m forgetting where I parked my car. 

Hey bud, that’s kind of funny, but I keep wondering who that guy is in the mirror looking back at me every morning??    :shrug:     :hysterical:

10 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey bud, that’s kind of funny, but I keep wondering who that guy is in the mirror looking back at me every morning??    :shrug:     :hysterical:

Sometimes I look in the mirror and see of my dad.  Except he was bald . This thread is starting to go south . Kind of dead also. What only two people on TS bought a 2020 GT500. Oh well. 

Edited by mach 1 1970