TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Complicated Calculus - Selling Your Car For The GT500

50 Deep

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah with the engine running it spits our gold nuggets. The engine is a treasure for sure .....:hysterical2:

I guess with the sun so low on the horizon it cast a tint on the stainless tips. Those things are 5” in diameter. Very fitting in my book . If you compare them to the C8 tips they are enormous.

Well damn!!...gotta go get me one of those gold spitters….:hysterical: …..You'd need it in Canada those thing are going for $140k and up for the base model

it's insane...….:spend: 

Yes no kidding 5" tips those suckers are cannons...…….:drop:

1 hour ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Keith...I like the smaller wing on the back also. I know you get more downforce and all but I don’t need it on the street. Maybe I’ll track it once or twice. But that’s a big maybe. Plus the blooding thing with the wheels is $18K. Wow........ Not

I agree not into those high ricer wings at all.....same here I'm changing out my 3LZ wing on the back for a 1LZ which is 2" shorter...not going to track

the car so the heck with the higher Gurney flaps...…:thumbsup:

18 hours ago, mach 1 1970 said:

Yeah with the engine running it spits our gold nuggets. The engine is a treasure for sure .....:hysterical2:

I guess with the sun so low on the horizon it cast a tint on the stainless tips. Those things are 5” in diameter. Very fitting in my book . If you compare them to the C8 tips they are enormous.

“Big Pipes” are cool, but the “Sweet Notes” they  “Sing” are event better in my book!   “FORD” hit a “Huge” home-run on this one!

1 hour ago, BigEdmond said:

Not to bad...  but it was a Pulley, Cat Delete, Injectors, E85 and a tune.  

Thanks just getting a bit lazy.lately.But over 900 hp and only $2500 was spent. that’s amazing to me. No I don’t need that much hp but it just shows what can be done. When the 07 GT500 came out with 500hp we all went crazy. We had Carroll Shelby around to get the excitement going. Miss the man and his charming ways. He would have been proud of the this car with his name on it. It’s the best Shelby I’ve ever owned. Can’t wait to get the kit Ford Performance put together like they did for the GT350. 
I’m amazed there isn’t more buzz on here about what this car represents. I didn’t realize it until I did some research on what Ford did. Like 400 sets of tires during the testing. Go out on the track go through a tank of gas go out again and repeat.  No overheating at all. They took their time getting everything just right. The 5.2 block was strengthened to handle the boost. So naturally the 350 got this improved block also. There have been so many engineering accomplishments made it would take several pages to cover . There isn’t one area that wasn’t improved on. I’ll post a few articles over the next couple of weeks. Or anyone else can post also. 

Edited by mach 1 1970