TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shopping for a slightly used 2018 GT350

Hi,

I am shopping for a slightly used 2018. I have been able to find those 3 that are somewhat close to me. (I live in North Florida). I really like the mat grey color.

https://www.mbnorthlake.com/used/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-2f1641830a0e0adf3382d374960700e7.htm

https://www.georgeballentinelincoln.com/used/Ford/2018-Ford-Mustang-9bed38410a0e0ae9037bd50cca9c1960.htm

https://www.woodyandersonmadison.com/vehicle-details/used-2018-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-1FA6P8JZ5J5500666

The issue I have is that I want to make sure that the previous owner did follow to the letter the break in period outlined in the GT350 manual. So, I am requesting to talk to the first owner to ask this question and among others. Also, I would ask about if they had notice any oil consumption issues...

I do not have the money to buy new and I do not want to pay the gas guzzler tax anyway.

Is there anything else I should be looking for before buying a slightly used 2018 GT350?

Thank you for your help.

It is highly unlikely that a dealer will give you the previous owner contact info, due to privacy laws and all that.  You might be able to  ask him to pass along a blind set of questions (dealer as the middle man) but to be quite honest, a car like that being sold almost new isn't sold because someone loved it (possible though, could be an estate sale, but unlikely). The person didn't like the car or it wouldn't be there.    For that reason, I doubt you'll get any response from any of the previous owners. 

You can request that the dealer show you the OASIS report for the vehicle.  That will detail any routine service and warranty work.  If the previous owner had issues with oil consumption and had the car to the dealer it would show up on OASIS.

Amazing that they are all priced the same!

Edited by twobjshelbys

As mentioned the odds are pretty slim the dealership will put you in contact with the original buyer.

All three cars have low mileage and short ownership timeframes so its doubtful the original owner paid much attention to oil consumption.

Keep in mind that car repossessions / loan defaults are at an all time high right now which could explain why a car could have low miles and a short ownership period.

Two of the three cars you listed are at a Ford dealership so why not check with the service department to see if they performed and service work? You could also purchase the Ford extended warranty if you are worried about the Voodoo oiling issues.

Steven

Just some FYI. I purchased my 2018 in central fl with 1774 miles on it from a ford dealer. Mine has the lower end infomat sync 1 system but other than that same as those you are looking at with the Recaro seats. White with blue stripes. They would not give me previous owners info and was told that he bought it as a bucket list item and had it 6 months then got rid of it. I was told that ford does not offer an extended warranty on this car used as they will not classify it as certified preowned. My purchase was April 15 2019

hope this helps. I love the car and you will also

Guys,

Here is an update on my situation.

I got in contact with those 3 dealerships on Friday April 26th. The only dealership that told me that they were trying to contact the previous owner was Ballentine Ford in Greenwood, SC. They were really cooperating with me. They left a voice mail to the previous owner. The other 2 dealership did not want to provide the information.

On Tuesday April 30th in the morning, I got a call from the previous owner. Super nice guy. He explained to me that he installed the Steeda Clutch Spring pedal. He also told me that he installed the UPR Oil Air Separator as well. He seems to be an enthusiast. His family situation changed and he had to trade his GT350 for another car. Throughout the day, i did exchange text with him on several occasion and he was nice enough to reply with all the additional questions I had. Like how the car was driven the first 1,000 miles, etc.

By the end of the day, I was so comfortable and confident that I called the dealership and made a $1,000 secure deposit. The car had 2,150 miles and I was able to get it for $53,350 which I think is a great deal. In addition, it has not stripes and has the black painted roof/top which looks very nice. I did not wanted and car with striped because I had a 2007 Shelby GT for 11 years and I was tired of stripes. They had to be replaced once and always a pain to maintain them.

I just drove from St Augustine, FL to Greenwood, SC this past Friday to pick the car up. It was a 5.5 hours drive one way. I drove a one way rental over there. When I saw the car, I told myself, "is this the car I will leave with"?. I could not believe it. The car just got detailed and was looking absolutely stunning. I drove the car back home and arrived at 8pm the same day. I can tell you that it was an awesome drive back.

I feel very fortunate about this situation and I am really happy to be a GT350 owner. What an incredible machine.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:47 PM, slamarre said:

Guys,

I feel very fortunate about this situation and I am really happy to be a GT350 owner. What an incredible machine.

I'm a firm believer in the right car at the right time and it appears that is what happened. Out of the three cars this one was destined to be yours. Enjoy.

Steven

17 hours ago, TequestaShelby said:

I was told that ford does not offer an extended warranty on this car used as they will not classify it as certified preowned. My purchase was April 15 2019

It's extremely rare that an extended warranty can not be sold so I'm puzzled on why they wouldn't sell you one. I don't recall that a car had to be certified used car before a ext warranty could be sold, can anyone else chime in on this?

Steven 

I agree that it was unusual. They make lots of money selling all kinds of crazy stuff added on after the car purchase and I was expecting to have to tell the closing guy at the dealership that I didn’t want anything except an extended warantee. He blew my mind when he said all that was available was paint protection.   

On 5/5/2019 at 7:47 PM, slamarre said:

I just drove from St Augustine, FL

I also live in St Augustine as do several other 350 owners.  If you would like to meet some local fellow enthusiasts let me know.  We have a lunch planned on 6/1/19 at Flagler Beach also if you are interested in joining.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:25 PM, VNMSNK said:

I also live in St Augustine as do several other 350 owners.  If you would like to meet some local fellow enthusiasts let me know.  We have a lunch planned on 6/1/19 at Flagler Beach also if you are interested in joining.  

I live in Central Florida but go up to St Aug on occasion (sometimes even to visit Vnmsnk).  Love driving my GT350