TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rumors

Honestly I can’t think of anything SD made that was worthwhile. A lot of it was gaudy, stick on low quality, items that haven’t stood the test of time.  Given they do faux metal type stuff what’s needed are upper and lower grill, horse grill emblem, SGT “S” gas cap, wheel caps, engine dress-up, and dead peddle. The rest of it is better left in the past IMHO!

6 minutes ago, JeffIsHereToo said:

Honestly I can’t think of anything SD made that was worthwhile. A lot of it was gaudy, stick on low quality, items that haven’t stood the test of time.  Given they do faux metal type stuff what’s needed are upper and lower grill, horse grill emblem, SGT “S” gas cap, wheel caps, engine dress-up, and dead peddle. The rest of it is better left in the past IMHO!

Agreed most of their stuff was garbage, at one point I thought SAI was working with Silverhorse, their stuff is quality!!!  That’s where I bought all of my interior Billet items.

It's no rumor, Carroll Shelby Racing (licensed supplier) has announced on their Facecrook page they got the green light from SA to reproduce 2007-2008 SGT parts through SD.

They are going to post a poll this Friday on what they believe are the top 10 items on SGT owners 'wish list' and they'll produce the top 5 on that list.

SD could commission the grille and cheap. Actually since they are a supplier, not a manufacturer, if they get their hands on the tooling they could source any of the parts. I won’t complain, at least we are getting some love. It’s just jewelry anyway.  😋

Edited by mfield2a

12 hours ago, mfield2a said:

Took the survey, and I thought it was pretty cool!

4 hours ago, ChicagoChris said:

I hope when the parts become available there is some notification on TS. 

I posed that very question on Carroll Shelby Racing facecrook page;

"Carroll Shelby Racing as much as we would like too, we are not allowed to post on the forum."

You need to also remember, CSR is NOT part of SAI (SPP or TS), from what I assume they have a license agreement with CSL.....

Hopefully Steven might weight-in?

18 hours ago, 08SGT1234 said:

I posed that very question on Carroll Shelby Racing facecrook page;

"Carroll Shelby Racing as much as we would like too, we are not allowed to post on the forum."

Just so there is no misunderstanding the Team Shelby Forums has had a no 3rd party business advertising policy for years so its not like any one business is being singled out. Team Shelby Facebook has a policy against both business & personal advertising so again no one is being singled out there either.

CSR has enthusiastic owners(s) who have been part of the Shelby Community for quite some time so although you may not see their products advertised on Team Shelby I'm confident CSR will keep Shelby owners up to date on their latest product offerings via other media websites & platforms.

Steven

1 minute ago, SAI-Steven said:

Just so there is no misunderstanding the Team Shelby Forums has had a no 3rd party business advertising policy for years so its not like any one business is being singled out. Team Shelby Facebook has a policy against both business & personal advertising so again no one is being singled out there either.

CSR has enthusiastic owners(s) who have been part of the Shelby Community for quite some time so although you may not see their products advertised on Team Shelby I'm confident CSR will keep Shelby owners up to date on their latest product offerings via other media websites & platforms.

Steven

Thank you for the clarification Steven....

I just think a lot of Shelby owners that use the forums (myself included) have been confused by the new companies (CSR & TSR) that are selling goods on web sites and ebay but no relationship with SPP. Some make the assumption they are one in the same...