TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby GT 500...........

David Hawkins

30 minutes ago, Secondo said:

FYI for whoever here wants to know, Here's Jim Owens, Ford Performance Marketing Manager showcasing the new GT500. See the 3:00 mark. He says that the dial was chosen because the shift mechanism adds unnecessary weight and they wanted it to be as light as possible. No release yet on the final weight of the car.

All the time it was on display they never did raise the hood so this being a prototype not sure what was under the hood. I would say it wasn`t the engine that will be in the production cars. 

12 hours ago, Mongoose said:

BB was on yesterday or the day before on the C8 forum!  He just got back to his new “Digs” (Home), in Arizona and their trying to coordinate and finalize everything, like getting the air conditioners installed into his garages to keep all his “BABIES” cool!!! LOL :)    Also his garage floors were going to be Epoxy coated among other things that had to get done yet!!   He’s still around Jim, just a little busy right now!!              Later Bud!       “Old Guys Rule”!!!!!!           “GOOSE”   :peelout:

P.S.   I know the New trannies(AUTO) are faster shifting, and very hard to beat, but like I’ve always said, it’s not always about being the fastest ride, it’s more about being the very “BEST” ride and enjoying it!     Example:    2019 ZR1  to 2019 Grand Sport w/ standard tranny!       “More Bang” for the “BUCK”! :thumbsup:

Thanks  Goose I called & left him a message , was a little concerned about him , us old guys got to look out for each other .(lol)

59 minutes ago, Secondo said:

FYI for whoever here wants to know, Here's Jim Owens, Ford Performance Marketing Manager showcasing the new GT500. See the 3:00 mark. He says that the dial was chosen because the shift mechanism adds unnecessary weight and they wanted it to be as light as possible. No release yet on the final weight of the car.

Oh please! I suppose that's why they put a dial in the Expedition, to save weight. They did it to re use parts already in the supply line. You notice that statement came from a marketing guy, not an engineer? Anyone want to buy a bridge?

7 minutes ago, SoCalSGT said:

Oh please! I suppose that's why they put a dial in the Expedition, to save weight. They did it to re use parts already in the supply line. You notice that statement came from a marketing guy, not an engineer? Anyone want to buy a bridge?

Have to agree with that statement.  It was a cost cutting measure.

7 hours ago, ViperNC said:

Makes that Hennessey wheel look simple, huh?  Ford could easily create a steering wheel for the GT500 that is intuitive to use and incorporates the gear selector dial on the wheel itself.  And then you get something that looks cool and is functional with a clean console.  Just my 2 cents, but they never asked for my opinion prior to building the car.  

Hey Viper, that’s a pretty good 2 cents worth!   :thumbsup:                   Later Viper!          “GOOSE”     :peelout:

1 hour ago, shelby001 said:

Thanks  Goose I called & left him a message , was a little concerned about him , us old guys got to look out for each other .(lol)

Your Welcome!!      :thumbsup:        I’m sure BB will really appreciate your message and that you were thinking of him! :salute:      Later Bud!            “GOOSE”     :peelout:

1 hour ago, SoCalSGT said:

Hey SoCal,  that’s a great comeback!   I know Ford loves to re-use parts were they can on different models to save a fair amount of money when they can!!   LOL    😜

Later SoCal!                 “GOOSE”     :peelout:

3 hours ago, Mongoose said:

Hey SoCal,  that’s a great comeback!   I know Ford loves to re-use parts were they can on different models to save a fair amount of money when they can!!   LOL    😜

Later SoCal!                 “GOOSE”     :peelout:

Hard to believe Ford would do that , using up old parts. Why my 07` Shelby came with the same style of aerial as my `98 F-150  they must have had a train load of these. (lol)

4 hours ago, shelby001 said:

Hard to believe Ford would do that , using up old parts. Why my 07` Shelby came with the same style of aerial as my `98 F-150  they must have had a train load of these. (lol)

I used to work at a Lincoln-Mercury dealership in the parts dept.,  and Ford is a great company on knowing how to make their parts last  through multiple models like your aerial!   LOL       :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what is so humorous here. We're talking about mass-produced vehicles that sometimes share parts. If they didn't, prices would be much higher. You want higher prices? :club:

At least Ford doesn't share their steering wheels like GM does with their Corvettes and Saturn Vue SUV's. Now that's funny! 

:hysterical2:

:peelout:

Vette wheel 2.jpg

Saturn Vue wheel.jpg

3 minutes ago, Secondo said:

I'm not sure what is so humorous here. We're talking about mass-produced vehicles that sometimes share parts. If they didn't, prices would be much higher. You want higher prices? :club:

At least Ford doesn't share their steering wheels like GM does with their Corvettes and Saturn Vue SUV's. Now that's funny! 

:hysterical2:

:peelout:

Vette wheel 2.jpg

Saturn Vue wheel.jpg

You have a point there Sean.... 

16 hours ago, Secondo said:

Not sure it would be a cost-cutting measure on a $70K (GT500) and $400K (Ford GT) car.

If they save $350 per Car by switching from a Shifter to a Dial and if the sell 5000 GT 500's, that is $1,750,000.00 SAVED.  Not bad.  Ford saved $Millions by eliminating the Mustang's Passenger Door Locks in 1999.  I am sure they may have saved $Billions by eliminating ALL of the Exterior Locks & Ignition Key/Switch.

1 hour ago, Secondo said:

Just saying! 

Oh, and then put the much cooler white gauges in the Saturn SUV but NOT in the Vette!! :hysterical2:

2020-mustang-shelby-gt500-review_46.jpg

BUT, the Vette has larger Numbers since it is usually the "Older" Folks driving them............................:hysterical:

11 minutes ago, tesgt350 said:

BUT, the Vette has larger Numbers since it is usually the "Older" Folks driving them............................:hysterical:

:hysterical2: :yup:

And we don't want to upset them by having a white colored gauge since they've never had white ones before :doh:

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I am surprised that I have yet to see a Dealership posting on Ebay trying to Pre-Sale one of their allotted Shelby GT 500's like they usually do where people bid the ADM part.

That's because nobody has any yet.  The order bank won't open till fall and dealers don't know if they are getting any or how many.  Right now all you're doing is buying a spot on a list.    Ebay frowns on selling air.

51 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

That's because nobody has any yet.  The order bank won't open till fall and dealers don't know if they are getting any or how many.  Right now all you're doing is buying a spot on a list.    Ebay frowns on selling air.

That hasn't stopped them before.  Dealers were selling rights to the Raptor well before the order Banks opened and not sure if they would get any, same with the 05-06 GT.