TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The New Shelby GT 500...........

David Hawkins

My question IS:  Will SAI offer a GT 500KR "Up Grade" for this Beast?  Either thru Ford or to the Owner..............

https://www.yahoo.com/news/photos-2020-ford-mustang-shelby-135500490.html

That Blue, is that Guardsman Blue?

Edited by tesgt350

2 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

My question IS:  Will SAI offer a GT 500KR "Up Grade" for this Beast?  Either thru Ford or to the Owner..............

The Blue is probably Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue.....due to the color, it looks more Lightning Blue since Velocity blue is brighter than Lightning

I can see Ford doing a KR version, like they have the R for the GT350, then shelby would do a SuperSnake

Edited by ShelbyEra08

This car is a Game Changer!!!  Finally a DCT, hopefully it’s close to the performance of the Porsche PDK.  I’ve been a Manual only guy for many years, then I went to a Porsche Driving school and drove the PDK, to me it has all of the advantages of the Manual and lacks the disadvantages of the automatic.  I can not wait to see this car at the NY Auto-Show.

My guess is it starts at $69-79K, I’m hoping $69K and then a well optioned one will be $79K or so.

1 hour ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

The Blue is probably Lightning Blue or Velocity Blue.....due to the color, it looks more Lightning Blue since Velocity blue is brighter than Lightning

I can see Ford doing a KR version, like they have the R for the GT350, then shelby would do a SuperSnake

What more can be added to it to improve it to get a KR or Supersnake?  Seems like it's already top of the line.

Way overdue for the AUTOMATIC which proves Ford's B.S. story about the automatic can't handle the HP so why never the Automatic for the GT350 huh Ford?"

I would order mine in Royal Crimson but Ford deleted it after one year I guess Black, White, Red, and Gray is so in demand so why offer exciting colors like the Challenger 

2 hours ago, Secondo said:

The new Tremec DCT was made specifically for this GT500.

I just read a good article that lists everything this has and I am not sure what is more shocking they didn't use the 10spd Automatic or the fact the car has no shifter only a rotary dial? So, with the Tremec DCT the big question is how many gears does the DCT GT500 have?

19 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

My guess would be is SAI offers the KR package like they did in 2008 but this time you will probably see you taking your GT500 to SAI for the KR package instead of the nightmare last time when scumbag dealers had the KR's and held them hostage and after that when those dealers had the 50th Annv. Mustangs and the 2015 and 2016 GT350's and tried their same tactic of huge markup's the buyers did not budge and some dealers still have their 2015 50th Annv. Mustangs

I truly hope that Guardsman Blue is offered as I think Lightning Blue is one of the best Mustang colors of all time and deleting that color for Velocity Blue was stupid as Lightning Blue is a true Blue while the new Velocity Blue has more Teal in it so you might as well bring back Gulfstream Aqua which would look amazing on the 2020 GT500

I think when ordering one I will have a hard time deciding what color? If Guardsman Blue is available it with White or Ingot Silver stripes would look great or Ingot Silver with Guardsman Blue stripes or Magnetic with Guardsman Blue stripes or I am holding out for Highland Green GT500 with stripe delete or you go with the best Shelby color White with Blue stripes

5 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

My guess would be is SAI offers the KR package like they did in 2008 but this time you will probably see you taking your GT500 to SAI for the KR package instead of the nightmare last time when scumbag dealers had the KR's and held them hostage and after that when those dealers had the 50th Annv. Mustangs and the 2015 and 2016 GT350's and tried their same tactic of huge markup's the buyers did not budge and some dealers still have their 2015 50th Annv. Mustangs

I truly hope that Guardsman Blue is offered as I think Lightning Blue is one of the best Mustang colors of all time and deleting that color for Velocity Blue was stupid as Lightning Blue is a true Blue while the new Velocity Blue has more Teal in it so you might as well bring back Gulfstream Aqua which would look amazing on the 2020 GT500

I think when ordering one I will have a hard time deciding what color? If Guardsman Blue is available it with White or Ingot Silver stripes would look great or Ingot Silver with Guardsman Blue stripes or Magnetic with Guardsman Blue stripes or I am holding out for Highland Green GT500 with stripe delete or you go with the best Shelby color White with Blue stripes

Yep, just like the original, that would be cool!...Did I read correctly, 7 speed instead of the 10 speed?

7 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I thought I read somewhere that only 3 Colors were going to be offered, The Blue, the Dark Red and Silver.............:shrug:

But my Thinker could be wrong.

Edited by tesgt350

21 hours ago, ShelbyEra08 said:

You can ask the same question when the 2007 GT500 1st came out, or even the 2013 GT500

I never thought the '07 was as good as it could get.  Don't know enough about the '13 to offer there, but with the '20 it seems like everything is already there.

3 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Yep, just like the original, that would be cool!...Did I read correctly, 7 speed instead of the 10 speed?

Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes, doesn't get any better than that.  And BTW, that's Guardsman Blue there in my picture.

3 hours ago, tesgt350 said:

I thought I read somewhere that only 3 Colors were going to be offered, The Blue, the Dark Red and Silver.............:shrug:

But my Thinker could be wrong.

I read where it said Grabber Lime which if similar to the 70 Shelby color is not attractive but if like the 67 Shelby Lime then its a great color. 

Colors listed - Grabber Lime, Iconic Silver, Red Hot Metallic which you see in the photos, Twister Orange Metallic plus you will have many of the current colors White, Black, Magnetic and a few others

16 hours ago, SoCalSGT said:

Yes its a Tremec DCT 7spd Automatic not the 10r80 which surprises me because Ford and GM spent a lot to make the 10r80. I got one and 1st to 2nd is odd almost shifts like a manual then bam you're off the 10r80 is great. Hoping Ford offers a kit so you can use it with older Mustangs

15 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

I read where it said Grabber Lime which if similar to the 70 Shelby color is not attractive but if like the 67 Shelby Lime then its a great color. 

Colors listed - Grabber Lime, Iconic Silver, Red Hot Metallic which you see in the photos, Twister Orange Metallic plus you will have many of the current colors White, Black, Magnetic and a few others

I believe this is Graber Lime.  Shelby's used Grabber Green.

DSC06522-762x456.jpg

17 hours ago, 39Mustang said:

Yes its a Tremec DCT 7spd Automatic not the 10r80 which surprises me because Ford and GM spent a lot to make the 10r80. I got one and 1st to 2nd is odd almost shifts like a manual then bam you're off the 10r80 is great. Hoping Ford offers a kit so you can use it with older Mustangs

From what I heard in at least one interview the 10r80 couldn't handle the torque,  particularly with any margin for inevitable upgrades, so they went with the DCT based on the one they've been using in the GT and GT4 mustangs instead. Personally, I think it's about damned time they got a DCT in a mustang. Best of both worlds for drag, track, and roads.