TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Door Panel Inserts

1 hour ago, 08SGT1234 said:

Mine are getting to the same point, looks like a great product (little pricey).

So when are you going to post pics of the final install? And which finish did you choose??

Yeah pricey but i think a permeant solution, my upholstrey guy said unless you primed and painted that spot with magic pixie dust his leather glue would not stick.

I bought the black vertical carbon fiber and they will be delivered next week, will post photos (shipping from CA and i am in NC)

Very very nice indeed, Andrew! Nice job on the install too buddy. :salute:

Would  you mind sharing where you got your billet power window switch plates? I’ve been looking for solid units......not covers. 

Thanks ahead of time! 

Chris 

21 hours ago, BIKEBOY said:

Very very nice indeed, Andrew! Nice job on the install too buddy. :salute:

Would  you mind sharing where you got your billet power window switch plates? I’ve been looking for solid units......not covers. 

Thanks ahead of time! 

Chris 

Thanks Chris, 

window switch plates are silver horse racing 

Mine are still in like-new condition except that the driver's side leather is puffing up above the arm rest, like your passenger's side door showed in that first photo.

Is that something just just needs that special glue?

• 2 months later...

Searching threads on the door panels looking for info on pro repairs. I’ve been quoted between $150-$300 per door from various shops to have the panel reupholstered with new foam and vinyl. 

Andrew, I’m curious why your upholstery guy said there was no way his glue could to make them last? Was he only talking about re-glueing the OEM vinyl or was he stating it would work with any material?

7 hours ago, EL SHELBY said:

Searching threads on the door panels looking for info on pro repairs. I’ve been quoted between $150-$300 per door from various shops to have the panel reupholstered with new foam and vinyl. 

Andrew, I’m curious why your upholstery guy said there was no way his glue could to make them last? Was he only talking about re-glueing the OEM vinyl or was he stating it would work with any material?

He was talking about any material and specifically He said it was the plastic ford used and that without sanding and priming his glue wouldn’t stick. After doing this project and getting them stripped I am not so sure I believe him anymore. The failure was the foam deteriorated and stopped sticking to the leather, the foam stuck pretty damn good to the door even as it was dry and crumbling. 

Hope this helps

10 hours ago, andrewnagle1964 said:

He was talking about any material and specifically He said it was the plastic ford used and that without sanding and priming his glue wouldn’t stick. After doing this project and getting them stripped I am not so sure I believe him anymore. The failure was the foam deteriorated and stopped sticking to the leather, the foam stuck pretty damn good to the door even as it was dry and crumbling. 

Hope this helps

Thanks. Agreed it’s the foam, not the adhesive Ford used.

The Predator panels look great, but I really want to stay with a ‘like’ original panels. I located some vinyl that very closely matches the OEM which is no longer available through Ford. The material I found is the correct color and has the diamond shaped perforations, just slightly smaller.  

It would be terrific if someone would offer a quality, Predator like, panel that is already upholstered and can be easily installed by the shadetree types.

Locating a reputable upholstery shop within an hour drive of me is challenging at best. Too many poorly run, disorganized, with loads of attitude, shops around me. 

J-