TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2019 GT500 Debuts at Chicago Auto Show next month

Guest markham51

4 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

The bumper structure is there and slightly recessed,  you can't see it due to the lighting angle and exposure level. 

If so I'd have it painted the body colour and for me that would be red....can't see them leaving such a gapping hole of a grill much

like the Lexus's and many other models out there today.

Guest markham51

You can see the front bumper in this teaser if you pause the video....at 25 seconds.  Its not easy to spot (for an old guy like me) but you can see it

Fox news shows shows of the more interesting components in stills.  Looks wicked!  Check out the fire and fangs!

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/01/15/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-will-have-700-hp-or-more.html

Edited by markham51

There are several other sites that show a slightly recessed blacked out bumper oriented just slightly below the horizontal center line within the front “maw” of this iteration of the 2019/2020 GT500. Whether it is a final design or not remains to be seen but currently in most iterations it is blacked out.  They put such a large hole in the front to cool the new engine. HP is probably going to be tweaked well north of 725 now,especially since Dodge recently released a 725 hp “drag pack” option/upgrade for the 2019 Hellcat. Going from 707 to only 725 might be an indicator that 725 is about all Dodge is willing to safely wring out of the Hellcat and still provide some kind of warranty. Ford, not to be out done, is probably going to come in around at least 750 to 775 hp for bragging rights upon release.

For those complaining about the blacked out bumper it is probably going to be easy enough to paint if you like,  and may even be an option. I think they currently left it blacked out to tie in with the wheels and the blacked out hood venting and other blacked out bits and pieces. . The front does take a little getting used to. I like what they are doing so far.

45 minutes ago, markham51 said:

You can see the front bumper in this teaser if you pause the video....at 25 seconds.  Its not easy to spot (for an old guy like me) but you can see it

Fox news shows shows of the more interesting components in stills.  Looks wicked!  Check out the fire and fangs!

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2018/01/15/2019-ford-mustang-shelby-gt500-will-have-700-hp-or-more.html

Ya I had to watch 3 times & pause it ,your eyes are dam good for an  old guy. (lol)

17 hours ago, carnut12 said:

I’m guessing $70K?  Maybe start at $69K?

Hopefully it doesn’t have the traction issues the Hellcat has.  Power isn’t much fun when can’t utilize it 99% of the time.

I agree but I doubt Ford will go with a 275 tire on the rear of the GT500....I don't get what Dodge was thinking making a 707hp Hellcat

rolling on 275 tires....I'd say the GT500 will be on at least 305's and most likely along the lines of the Camaro's 315's +.

17 hours ago, carnut12 said:

I’m guessing $70K?  Maybe start at $69K?

Hopefully it doesn’t have the traction issues the Hellcat has.  Power isn’t much fun when can’t utilize it 99% of the time.

I hope you're right Cnut on the 69-70K but I think that's a bit of wishful thinking..... I'll bet the GT500 will be north of $80k...example around these

parts the Shelby F-150 is $105K

33 minutes ago, svtkeith said:

I hope you're right Cnut on the 69-70K but I think that's a bit of wishful thinking..... I'll bet the GT500 will be north of $80k...example around these

parts the Shelby F-150 is $105K

I doubt the base MSRP will be north of $80k. The base MSRP of the Hellcat is currently only about $65k. I think Carnut is pretty close in calling it at $69 to 70k. A base MSRP above $80k would most likely alienate Ford's target market for the GT500.

Edited by mhr1961

They would be crazy to go over $80K starting price, I do not see that happening.  Hellcat is around $65K and after the first year discounts I have seen have been up to $10K off for leftovers.  

I hope they offer different color wheels, this Black Only crap is for the birds.....

Edited by carnut12

10 minutes ago, carnut12 said:

They would be crazy to go over $80K starting price, I do not see that happening.  Hellcat is around $65K and after the first year discounts I have seen have been up to $10K off for leftovers.  

I hope they offer different color wheels, this Black Only crap is for the birds.....

I agree with the Black wheel statement they really don`t do much for the car  (jmo) 

28 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

I agree with the Black wheel statement they really don`t do much for the car  (jmo) 

I agree with both of you!   There is way to many vehicles out there with the black wheels that would look alot cooler with a little more (shine) on them. It helps the vehicle stand out in the crowd a little more and gives it a little more pop to it!  And I also feel it helps give a little more quality look to a vehicle.  When you see a vehicle what stands out first?  Usually it's the body color or the wheels which help in making the cool factor of the vehicle.  :cool:   I guess the black - out look is more of the younger crowd's thing, which is totally fine!  This wasn't meant to demean or  criticize their taste or vehicle!   There maybe an advantage to the dark colored wheels, they are lower maintenance and you also don't notice the brake dust as much!:)     "Old Guys Rule" LOL:lol:

Talk at Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE":peelout:

2 minutes ago, Mongoose said:

I agree with both of you!   There is way to many vehicles out there with the black wheels that would look alot cooler with a little more (shine) on them. It helps the vehicle stand out in the crowd a little more and gives it a little more pop to it!  And I also feel it helps give a little more quality look to a vehicle.  When you see a vehicle what stands out first?  Usually it's the body color or the wheels which help in making the cool factor of the vehicle.  :cool:   I guess the black - out look is more of the younger crowd's thing, which is totally fine!  This wasn't meant to demean or  criticize their taste or vehicle!   There maybe an advantage to the dark colored wheels, they are lower maintenance and you also don't notice the brake dust as much!:)     "Old Guys Rule" LOL:lol:

Talk at Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE":peelout:

Right On 

I hate the black wheels on my Boss 302. They stay cleaned up for about 20 seconds. The brake dust makes them look sad to say the least. I wish something more along the lines of the period correct Magnums  (even the argent ones) would have found their way on to these cars.

9 hours ago, mhr1961 said:

I doubt the base MSRP will be north of $80k. The base MSRP of the Hellcat is currently only about $65k. I think Carnut is pretty close in calling it at $69 to 70k. A base MSRP above $80k would most likely alienate Ford's target market for the GT500.

I hope you guys are right but don't forget the first 2 years of the Hellcat production you could not find one under $80K....I'm talking CDN dollars now not US.

7 hours ago, carnut12 said:

Gotta agree with you there...wanna make a beautiful car look like a cop car or taxi cab just put black wheels on it...some may love it but I totally

hate them.

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

I hope you guys are right but don't forget the first 2 years of the Hellcat production you could not find one under $80K....I'm talking CDN dollars now not US.

I would think the GT 500 would come in around 66 k anything more would hurt it , you can buy a Super Snake now at starting at $65 k  

47 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

I would think the GT 500 would come in around 66 k anything more would hurt it , you can buy a Super Snake now at starting at $65 k  

?

Edited by mhr1961

11 hours ago, shelby001 said:

An SS at 65K?....you can't be talking a new SS Jim....and why would they sell a 2019-20 GT500 at 66K when the 13-14's were going at that price?

1 hour ago, svtkeith said:

An SS at 65K?....you can't be talking a new SS Jim....and why would they sell a 2019-20 GT500 at 66K when the 13-14's were going at that price?

The base price of a 2017 50th Anniv. SS is $57 K  U.S . I can`t see a 2019 G.T500 going for close to 80 k U.S  from Ford as I`am sure you will be able get & 2019 SS  cheaper & with 750 HP.

They are now using the Mustang G.T 5.0 as the base car for the SS. 

46 minutes ago, shelby001 said:

The base price of a 2017 50th Anniv. SS is $57 K  U.S . I can`t see a 2019 G.T500 going for close to 80 k U.S  from Ford as I`am sure you will be able get & 2019 SS  cheaper & with 750 HP.

They are now using the Mustang G.T 5.0 as the base car for the SS. 

That's just it Jim I was talking about CDN dollars not US....Like I said I hope you are all right on the low price but I have my doubts the

new 19-20 GT500 will be below 80K CDN...JMO of course.

13 minutes ago, carnut12 said:

That $57K doesn’t include the donor car, you have to add about $35-40K to that, with options $100K or so is the price for the SS.  That’s why they are sitting on dealership lots collecting dust, when the GT500 comes out they will need steep discounts to sell.

I think your spot on Cnut.

5 hours ago, carnut12 said:

That $57K doesn’t include the donor car, you have to add about $35-40K to that, with options $100K or so is the price for the SS.  That’s why they are sitting on dealership lots collecting dust, when the GT500 comes out they will need steep discounts to sell.

Sorry I thought that was SAI idea of keeping the price of the SS reasonable $65 K all in car included. They are based on the 5.0 G.T which like you said are around $35 K base .

5 hours ago, svtkeith said:

That's just it Jim I was talking about CDN dollars not US....Like I said I hope you are all right on the low price but I have my doubts the

new 19-20 GT500 will be below 80K CDN...JMO of course.

I was talking U.S so that would be right as 66 k US is 81 K cad.

20 hours ago, shelby001 said:

The new Ford GT 500 is not going to be at $66k. The current Hellcat base model is currently $65k. Ford is going to deliver a car next year that outperforms the Hellcat by far and they aren’t going to give that market advantage and extra horsepower above the Hellcat away way for free. It’s a performance car and Ford knows people will pay for that performance. They aren't going to "price match" or try to undersell because they don't need to.  I would tend to agree with what Carnut said earlier that it will be in the $69 to 70k (USA Dollars) range for a base model……. Probably more like $71 to 73k.

ps: Don’t forget too that the recent tariffs on aluminum and steel are likely going to drive up  material costs for automotive manufacturers and it will be passed to consumers. Not being political, its just a fact that such costs are always passed to the consumer.