TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2019 GT500 Debuts at Chicago Auto Show next month

Guest markham51

Guest markham51
1 hour ago, shelby001 said:

You buying one ?

It depends on how sexy it is.   Just more HP wont likely cause me to sell my GT350 as I loooove the car and I am sure at my age  I don't  need both.   As I get older bragging rights are less of a deal to me...how the car handles is more of my cup of tea.  Having said that I am in my room at the Detroit Auto show getting ready to leave in a couple of hours.  I was hoping NAIAS was the debut but the Bullitt and Ranger were very cool and they had a lot of trucks and other stuff to check out.  My son thinks we should get one of the new Raptors.  Went to a Wings game last night with my son and grandson and we had an awesome time.  The new arena is absolutely first class.  All in all awesome weekend with the boys.

Yes they do look fishy and I wish that trend would end. The rest of the car looks great. Look at the old Daytona prototype back in 2011. Talk about a catfish wow 

0A092DBE-0950-4814-846A-777D282E9402.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, 2fords said:
21 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

And now they've pulled the GT500 debut information from the Chicago show website. So, it looks like more hurry up and wait.

John, maybe it will be at Carlisle along side of the new Bullitt.  You and the LA Mafia need to be there.  You're due.  :cool: 

Like I've ever announced a Carlisle attendance in advance?

And What La. Mafia?? There's no La. Mafia. If there were you woudln't know about them...until it was too late!!! I don't know no Donald Farr, and he don't know no La. Mafia. And if he did, it might be bad for his health...if you get my meanin' !!!

20 hours ago, falcongtho3 said:

Like I've ever announced a Carlisle attendance in advance?

And What La. Mafia?? There's no La. Mafia. If there were you woudln't know about them...until it was too late!!! I don't know no Donald Farr, and he don't know no La. Mafia. And if he did, it might be bad for his health...if you get my meanin' !!!

Great, then I'll see you there! (LOL)  ;)

9 hours ago, markham51 said:

Sadly as reported above by Falcongtho3 it looks like the debut story was premature..:cry:

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/22/ford-shelby-gt500-could-debut-next-month-in-chicago/

When you don't have anything to say, just say it over:

We don't really know more than we did last week...

• 1 month later...

To: All you gentlemen who are waiting for news of the new rumored GT500!  Yesterday I got my latest issue of Motortrend, April, 2018. In it on page 36 , Ford confirmed that it will build the long rumored GT500!  Joe Hinrichs, Ford's head of global operations, said it will be the most powerful street-legal production car that Ford had ever sold when it hits the road in 2019!  The Mustang GT500 will be supercharged and it will make more than 700 H.P.:yahoo:    There's also a article on the new "BULLITT MUSTANG" on page 36, and there's also a nice article and tribute on the legend "Dan Gurney" on pages, 18 and 19 in the same magazine!  

"FLY ON EAGLE'S WINGS"    ( Rest in Peace)  Daniel Sexton "Dan" Gurney

LATER,

"MONGOOSE"

Now if Motor Trend Productions would send out a prototype for display at its auto shows this year, we could believe them!  We have one here in mid-April and it would be fun to have as the Ford display area is next our Mustang & Shelby club display of 14 cars.  

Gentlemen: I hope the article I posted is factual for all you car nuts that are waiting for the GT500!:whistling:  I just posted what I read in the April issue of Motor Trend on page 36 and I wanted to get the info out there as fast as I could for every one interested in hearing about the new GT500 for 2019!:shift:   Lets hope this article comes true for 2019!:clapping:

Talk  at Ya,   Later!

"MONGOOSE"

1 hour ago, WascallyWabbit said:

No worries. That article is actually old news. It hit the internet January 15th.

Magazine articles are gonna be at least 2 months behind the times.  I'm kinda surprised that those mags woulda actually have anything resembling 'news' in them since everything would be old by that time.

1 hour ago, DrHawkeye said:

Magazine articles are gonna be at least 2 months behind the times.  I'm kinda surprised that those mags woulda actually have anything resembling 'news' in them since everything would be old by that time.

Print media is dying.  Heck, even the newspaper is a day behind :)

" Thanks" to all of you guys for setting me straight on these ( Magazine Articles)!  I guess I didn't realize how" late and unreliable" some of these magazines are!  I thought being the (April issue) I would hurry-up and get this info out to fellow members!  Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!:(

Talk  at  Ya,  Later!

"MONGOOSE"

• 2 weeks later...
Guest markham51

Initial reaction...teaser looks hot...will be interesting to see how it looks in person.  Teasers can be deceiving as they are not multidimensional and there needs to be a bumper structure in there somewhere.:shift: