TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Team Shelby site

HARALD KELLEY

I sure hope they do something about now every time I go back to this sight to read unread messages I have to click on unread little box upper right then click on box saying unread messages. Before like all the other Shelby forums I'm on I can just set to show unread messages and every time I go to the website it only shows unread messages. I don't like how this is so many steps to get there each time now. Wasn't before!

Yes, there is a HUGE amount of work to go on the site.  This is just a temporary state to get the base software to a more modern version which is supported.  There are many changes to come.  There is some very cool content planned.

This IS the new site.  It will evolve over time to include new features, but there is no going back to the old version.

This software is the evolution of the previous bulletin board software.  The old site was on the previous software for so long that you see the evolution of that software all at once instead of in smaller steps.    It's worse for those who navigate by muscle memory but better for stability.

2 minutes ago, twobjshelbys said:

This IS the new site.  It will evolve over time to include new features, but there is no going back to the old version.

This software is the evolution of the previous bulletin board software.  The old site was on the previous software for so long that you see the evolution of that software all at once instead of in smaller steps.    It's worse for those who navigate by muscle memory but better for stability.

OK, thanks!  Makes more sense to me now!

I really like the new look and look forward to the new features.

On 1/16/2018 at 8:03 AM, johnny1 said:

I sure hope they do something about now every time I go back to this sight to read unread messages I have to click on unread little box upper right then click on box saying unread messages. Before like all the other Shelby forums I'm on I can just set to show unread messages and every time I go to the website it only shows unread messages. I don't like how this is so many steps to get there each time now. Wasn't before!

Hey johnny1

It is possible to set a default to do just what you're talking about. Follow these instructions......

--sign in to the forum which takes you to the HOME PAGE. DO THIS ONLY AFTER YOU'VE BEEN OFF THE FORUM LONG ENOUGH FOR THERE TO BE SOME NEW POSTS 

--in the upper left hand corner of the HOME page is a box labeled ACTIVITY. Place your mouse on the word ACTIVITY and it will open a drop-down box directly below labeled MY ACTIVITY STREAM.

--Open the drop-down box (click on downward arrow) & you'll see 8 choices listed under DEFAULT STREAMS. 

--3 of the 8 choices are labeled UNREAD CONTENT. The first one gives you unread content for the last 365 days. You'll want one of the 2 choices at the bottom of the list. Click on the one that best serves your needs....."condensed" or "expanded".

--Either choice will result in posts listed under the heading UNREAD CONTENT. Directly under UNREAD CONTENT should be ".............posted since my last visit". Immediately to the right of the large lettering "UNREAD CONTENT" are 3 small faint, difficult to see, circles with icons in them. Click on the one furthest to the right. The circle will turn green with a white check mark inside it.  You should be good to go.

-- The next time you sign in to the forum, on the HOME PAGE, now click on "UNREAD CONTENT" in the upper right corner of the page and you should have what you're looking for.  Just like the old forum.....one click gets you to the unread content since your last visit.   

Edited by HERTZ II

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you can help me with something else I can't figure out. I got the unread messages only done thanks to you. Ok since I have a 2017 Shelby GT 350 the forum I have set on my desktop computer is the one: 2015-2018 GT 350. But when I go there to my latest unread posts it will show the latest posts I haven't read for other topics posted, not just the 2015-2018 GT 350. Used to be you went to the forum pertaining to your vehicle like the one here mentioned and once you set your settings properly when you went back to the website and to that part of forum it would only show the latest unread content of that forum. Also when I go click on unread content as you showed me all works but the heading of the forum does say 2015-2018 GT 350 but the current posts below the heading are as I said are anything posted in any of the forums I haven't read. Thanks again.

18 hours ago, Mongoose said:

I'm with you, I'm not a" teckie" and I still miss my old bag phone, L.O.L.   ( Old GUYS RULE )!

Later,

"MONGOOSE"

me too! I'm lost anymore... I hate computers to begin with, I don't understand all the jargon and can't follow any of it. As far as I know anything to do with a cloud means Shelly stays in the garage!