TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"The Venice Years Revisited " 1965 Again!

Mongoose

" Gentleman  and all car nuts", Again my latest, and one of my favorite auto magazines, Autoweek, has a nice article on the rebirth of one of the most iconic Shelby Mustang GT's ever built!  It states that three of the original "Venice Crew" as they were originally known, ( Pete Brock, Ted Sutton, and Jim Marietta ) got to talking at Brock's annual SEMA party at his house about building the Shelby Mustang the way they originally wanted to back in 1965 ! And then they all said "sure why not" and the end result is " The Original Venice Crew Shelby Mustang GT350 / Competion Model".  The O.V.C. guys start with a original 1965 K-code mustang fastback and build them into the same specs. as the original Shelby GT350s.  And then they add the upgrades that Mr. Brock had on his original design for the front fascia which offers better cooling for the engine and the brakes which didn't make the cut the first time around!  Also the rear quarter glass is also Brock's design and it offers improved airflow through the cabin. Also the rear brakes get there own cooling ducts, and the rear plexiglass is now as Mr. Brock envisioned it , too.  The 289  V8 engines are built by Carroll Shelby Engine Co. using as many as possible of the original suppliers. The flared fenders are handmade, as are the plenums and gas tank splash guards. You also get a choice of independent suspension or solid axle and a four-speed or a three-speed auto, like you did in 1965.  In one of the test drives, it was said, " It's a Beast,but it is in your control"!  The original Shelby was said to cost just under $6,000.00.  There will only be 36 O.V.C. Shelby GT350 cars built, but they will be limited in more ways than one! None of these O.V.C. guys are getting any younger, so they won't be around forever and this original Venice Crew will even personally sign your car if you buy one!  The Venice Crew says you are getting a original Shelby , built by the original Crew, and crew member Duane Carling said when were all gone in a few years," there's no way this will ever be done again."  Well,  I suppose that your wondering what they want for this" Rare Collectable "?    How about; $250,000.  Yes, OUCH!    Maybe a little profit ?????    The difference between MEN & BOYS is the price of there TOYS!  " I  Guess " I enjoyed reading the article and relaying it back too all of you!

Talk at Ya Later;  " MONGOOSE"

Gentlemen,  I  didn't see the original article on the  65 Shelby Mustang GT  on this forum before I wrote this thread!  I guess I was just excited to relate this article about the 65 Shelby's being reborn that was in my new Auto week magazine for January !  I'm sorry I didn't want to step on anyone's toes!  But, I will say that I still enjoyed writing the article, I just love fast cool cars and talking about them!  After all, we are all here I hope, to enjoy these forums and all cool things automotive etc.

"MONGOOSE"