TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2019 GT500 images

John Canfield

Just passing along the news that the supercharger for the 5.2 CPC Predator engine for the new GT500 has hit the net. As well as monster brakes. I'm passing along this link to Mustang6g as they've had the best coverage on this: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2087059#post2087059

Edited by falcongtho3

Huh...interesting. I'm totally shocked that they went to a supercharger, it's kind of a step backwards or no more than what's out there already aftermarket. All were thinking EcoBoost. Maybe that explains why the current Super Snake does not start life as a GT350.

Direct Injection and the new design TVS 2650 supercharger was just released this year. We usually don't get too many goodies like that at once, turbo on the V8 may be coming as the next improvement in another 5 years or so.

Edited by Secondo

Supercharged.... that one is a surprise to me. I was betting on an eco boost V8 since Ford is pushing twin turbos these days.

Ford may surprise you Blake these pictures may be put out there just to throw people off....there also has been news on youtube where Ford

is testing twin turbo 5.0 engines.

Wow.....just wow.

Pretty darn cool. I for one can’t wait for the Bullitt. That may be my next addition. If they do it right.

Ford is ALL OVER IT!!!!

happy%20feet.gif

If you're a Bullitt fan, just wait until you see the other car on stage with the new Bullitt in about a month at the reveal...