TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Local Dealer wants $15K ADM, LMAO!!!

Unreal they are having a very difficult time selling these period, my local dealer actually put a $15K ADM on one they bought in. Obviously they do not follow the market.

I love their service department, but will never buy a car from them, they had an ADM on a Focus RS for well over a year before they finally dropped it to MSRP.

I wonder if dealers understand how many people like myself this turns off, I would not buy any car from them due to this practice.

Nice looking car though-

http://www.saratford.net/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-Agawam,+MA-f4a4cc940a0e0adf4d75c021e8f9d637.htm?searchDepth=2:462

Edited by carnut12

I bought my Gurney there. They advertised it for over a year as a "2008 Mustang GT Blue V8 Auto with 300 HP." $39,995 and wondered why it sat there forever. :hysterical2:

It took someone that knew exactly what it was (Me), to go up there and snag it for $31K with 5K miles on it.

Car is a manual, S/C'd with 465 horses! :hysterical2:

:drop:

I bought my Gurney there. They advertised it for over a year as a "2008 Mustang GT Blue V8 Auto with 300 HP." $39,995 and wondered why it sat there forever. :hysterical2:

It took someone that knew exactly what it was (Me), to go up there and snag it for $31K with 5K miles on it.

I remember that, that ended up being a great price, every month it sat it costs them money. I remember seeing that car when I got service done 2 years in a row.

If I recall it was still $39K when you bought it, they never even lowered the price prior.

For that kind of money they should at least describe it as a super snake and not a standard Mustang.

Agree, the description should be:

2017 Ford Mustang Equip GRP 401A - With a SAI SS conversion package.

As far as ADM, it only exists because the buying public allows it to..

Edited by 1 Alibi 2

5,000 miles ? ? ?

Was it a repossession or where the salespeople taking the car out each day for an extended lunch run?

Car has a wonderful story. I believe I told it in the Gurney thread here, after I bought it. I don’t wanna hijack this thread. :thumbsup:

So you're sayin you want me to enter Team Shelby search engine he!!

Bikeboy, have you ever tried to search for something on TS ;)

Ok back on topic. Which is worse, dealership ADM's or a manufacturers pre-approval application process?

Was that sarcasm?

Could be but wasn't meant that way.

While we all detest dealership ADM's at least everyone has a shot at owning the car if they have the cash. Manufacturer's application process is subjective to the whims of someone sitting in a Detroit air conditioned office deciding if you are worthy or not.

I was going to compare Ford's application process to a certain character on the old Seinfeld show but in today's PC world its probably best not to use the characters name but rather the line of, "No Ford GT For You"

Could be but wasn't meant that way.

While we all detest dealership ADM's at least everyone has a shot at owning the car if they have the cash. Manufacturer's application process is subjective to the whims of someone sitting in a Detroit air conditioned office deciding if you are worthy or not.

I was going to compare Ford's application process to a certain character on the old Seinfeld show but in today's PC world its probably best not to use the characters name but rather the line of, "No Ford GT For You"

:hysterical:

That's funny! Unfortunately many read their "you ain't getting one" letter to be that they would get one of the 4th year cars only to find out that everyone will have to reapply. There were over 6000 competing for the lottery that netted out 750 (3 years of production). There will be at least twice that competing for the remaining 250. So far they've only made 60.

I for one would support a process that guaranteed a no-ADM purchase (probably with a no-sell clause). It's too bad because near the end of its previous run the GT500 wasn't getting ADMs from many dealers.

Edited by twobjshelbys

I'm not saying that I have a better plan than what Ford came up with it just bothered me that the application process was so subjective.

I can certainly understand and agree with a 2005-06 FGT owner getting moved up on the list and I would also agree with preferential treatment for someone who can show that they purchased X amount of Ford products over say the last two years but Ford went way beyond just loyalty to the brand.

Although I said I didn't have a better idea maybe I do. Why couldn't Ford have just set a minimum criteria and then put everyone who qualified into a lottery and randomly select buyers from there. In my opinion that would be more fair but Ford was more interested in trying to control who is seen with their halo car and that type of thinking usually backfires. Perhaps I'm wrong but I'm confident there are many Team Shelby members who have been more loyal to the Ford brand than some of the current FGT buyers chosen by Ford.

"No Ford GT For You"

Hilarious! :lol:

I would also agree with preferential treatment for someone who can show that they purchased X amount of Ford products over say the last two years but Ford went way beyond just loyalty to the brand.

And maybe that's the reason why I can't afford the GT! I've bought too many Ford's over the past few years. NO FORD GT FOR ME!

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/9/2017 at 9:23 PM, Secondo said:

+1 :headscratch:

No ADM on the GT350 though!

In Jacksonville Florida I was looking at a GT350R and they had an ADM of 30k over MSRP. That turned me off and called Shelby directly and then sent them a donor car for 17' Super Snake. Best thing I did.