TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shift knob replacement

Dale Jerome

A lot of muscle or a good strap wrench if you are trying to preserve the oem shift knob. Ford uses loctite liberally. It will come off though.

Here is a thread about it too:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/93416-2016-gt350-shift-ball-swap/

Edited by DGGT500

I had to use a pair of Channel Locks over a rag...... See my thread below..... Strap wrench DID NOT work!! These knobs are unGodly tight.

Note: Do not use just a rag, use an old leather belt under the Channel Locks. The rag allowed a small amount of "teeth marks" on my stock knob.

Then use only blue Loctite in case you wanna remove the new knob in the future.

Edit- In my experience, the knob doesn't just "break loose" either..... It requires the same amount of force to spin it almost all the way off. Just an FYI.

Edited by BIKEBOY

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the shifter knobs from Ford Performance come with Blue Loctite? Or is it only shifter knobs from Twisted Shifterz?

Both come with Blue Loctite, make sure the threads on both the shifter and knob are clean so it will work.

I just borrowed one of the rubber jar opener pads from the kitchen, wrapped that around the shift knob a few times, unscrewed it counter clockwise. It takes some effort but no issues once you get a good grip.

Bill

billswebspace.com

Both come with Blue Loctite, make sure the threads on both the shifter and knob are clean so it will work.

I just borrowed one of the rubber jar opener pads from the kitchen, wrapped that around the shift knob a few times, unscrewed it counter clockwise. It takes some effort but no issues once you get a good grip.

Bill

billswebspace.com

Good idea