TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2016 GT350 Spark Plugs/Wires

Car-2-D2

Good day everyone!! Can anyone confidently suggest proper replacement plugs and wires for my precious?

We don’t know what a “precious”is. A model and year would be helpful. Either way, consult your owners manual for the spark plugs. If it is a 2015/2016 GT350 The recommended spark plugs are listed on page 44 of the GT350 Owners Manual Supplement. As far as the spark plug wires I wouldn’t deviate from OEM so call your local Ford dealer.

Sorry I just assumed that everyone would see the title and assume 2016 GT 350. I appreciate the input though, new to the forum and the family and had heard that new plugs and wires may be worth while. I will consult the manual and avoid changing out wires.

Cheers ?

Why do you want to change? If you are ready for a service that's one thing but if you are thinking something magical will happen with new/different plugs than what came from the factory there would really be no need. I would be cautious about such claims as the Voodoo engine is pretty specialized and really not getting much attention from the aftermarket.

Good point, don't really know why I'm so anxious to put something extra under the hood. I was curious as to why there hasn't been much offered for this engine in the aftermarket world. I will head yours and MHR advice and bag this idea all together. Thanks for the advice.

• 3 months later...

There’s lots of goodies for Underhood dress up. Current day spark plugs are usually related at 120,000 miles (if not 100k), and replacement will do nothing for performance. Plug wires longer than that. Save your money for the tires you will need.