TEAM SHELBY FORUM

1st Post - New Member - Self Introduction

Greetings all, I've been lurking here for a little over a year while preparing to become a GT350 owner. I've learned a TON from many of you and that alone is worth the price of annual admission to the Club to support the site and its activities.

I suppose I'm in the older category of members and there's only one more check-box left on the membership application before I run out. Only had one other Mustang in my lifetime which was a 1983 5.0 GT, Red on black vinyl (stripped) that my then girlfriend (now spouse), WON at the Summer Natl's in Englishtown, NJ. We had to borrow money from parents to pay the state taxes! Long story short, we sold the GT to a collector in the area to help finance our first home when we married in 1987. Lots of fond memories of good times spent BC (before children) with that car. Fast forward to today -

I've got a wonderful 14 y/o son that travels with me to motorsports events all over the N/E region and a 30 year wedding anniversary happening this year. My wife and I work hard and are fortunate enough to choose a 2017 GT350 to commemorate our wedding vows and give us all something to enjoy as a family for years to come.

I grew up as a car-brat, my dad did custom upholstery work for a lot of high-end dealerships and I wrenched for 7 years before getting involved in parts management at dealers in the area. That career ended in 1993 I and I retrained into the technology industry. After 24 years of tech, I really miss the automotive business!

Looking forward to meeting some folks from the collective on one or more of the regional events while I continue to get educated on this Pony platform. As someone in a movie I once saw said: "Thanks for having me, damn glad to be here sir!"

Cheers all - Chris

Chris,

Welcome aboard! And a fine introduction it is. Quite the background and obviously you have lots to offer the folks here at TS. Don't be a stranger. And by all means congrats on the GT350. Pics would certainly be called for when you get the chance.

John

Chris-

Northeast Region???

Check out TeamShelbyNortheast.com and our Facebook page "Team Shelby Northeast Region".

Our next event is the American Muscle Show. Details here...http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/93223-2017-american-muscle-car-show-saturday-august-12th/?do=findComment&comment=1708474

Consider yourself invited to come out and meet the gang!

Bill Caron / Z-man

Northeast Regional Director, Team Shelby

Chris-

Northeast Region???

Check out TeamShelbyNortheast.com and our Facebook page "Team Shelby Northeast Region".

Our next event is the American Muscle Show. Details here...http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/93223-2017-american-muscle-car-show-saturday-august-12th/?do=findComment&comment=1708474

Consider yourself invited to come out and meet the gang!

Bill Caron / Z-man

Northeast Regional Director, Team Shelby

Hi Bill, I did see this in the events forum and would love to make the drive, but I'm committed to a charity event for homeless Veterans that day which takes priority. If it's pushed out to the rain-date on the 19th, I'll be there. Thanks for the invite!

Chris -

Your event sounds like a very worthwhile undertaking. I hope you get a good turnout.

Keep watching the forums and Facebook, as we have more events in the works before this season is over. We will meet up at one of them.

Welcome to Team Shelby!

Bill

Nice intro, Chris. I'm another Chris, but I'm called BB, round these parts. (For BIKEBOY).

Although my profile says Pac Coast, I'm still living part time in Jersey. Love to hear about your new 350. I have a '16 Track Pack Avalanche with blue stripes. Mine is a year old now and has only 800-ish miles on it. I'm splitting seat time between several cars, so don't get out in it like I'd like to.

You're going to LOVE this car......and our Team forum!!

WELCOME! :salute:

Chris,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your pending 30th wedding anniversary and commemorative gift! You have quite the wife there!

The East Coast has a very vibrant car culture and lots of Shelby activities which can be found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/100-northeast/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/94-south-atlantic/

Post up a :camera: of your 2017 GT350 when you get a chance.

Best,

Jim

Chris,

Welcome to Team Shelby and congrats on your pending 30th wedding anniversary and commemorative gift! You have quite the wife there!

The East Coast has a very vibrant car culture and lots of Shelby activities which can be found here:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/100-northeast/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/94-south-atlantic/

Post up a :camera: of your 2017 GT350 when you get a chance.

Best,

Jim

Hey thanks Jim,

Wife is from her own vibrant car culture which would be her father (RIP) and brothers, Mopar-addicts all. She's no stranger to BHP and our niece is currently in running for NJ points champ for junior dragsters. I gotta good one here and won't let her get away! I even managed to do two seasons of SCCA Sports Renault racing before consummating the marriage. So it's a full family of motor-heads.

Delivery next week, a long 300 mile drive home from the dealer and then plenty of photos to share. The whole collective has been very welcoming. Looking forward to a long relationship with this car.

Cheers.

Thanks to all. In town to take delivery tomorrow morning and my wife tells me there's a parcel waiting for me from SAI on the desk at home.

I haven't been this pumped over a car delivery since, well, never. Pics tomorrow. 300 miles tomorrow. Pure bliss tomorrow. No sleep tonight. ?

LOL! BB wants images! Very good! Yesterday was long, busy, satisfying and a whole lot of other descriptives. Mostly satisfying. A long ride in a monster that kept begging to run hard. But I'm not used to all those ponys trying to get loose so I had to behave coming north from Virginia.

I had a revelation about 3 hours into my drive and described it to my wife as the "magnetic stupid attraction quotient". Between the Delaware Memorial Bridge and northern New Jersey I had no less than 5 Posers try to goad me into racing. I had a fellow my age holler at me in the next toll lane of the Delaware bridge with a Jag F-Type/R in British Racing Green ask me if I wanted to trade. The best and most memorable is the 20-something on the NJ Turnpike with the rat Prius held together with 100+ bumper-stickers and 1/2 a ton of duct tape running next me for miles waving like a nut-case and then speeding away at full current to about 1/2 a mile ahead and loosing the front fascia to the wind. Cars swerving every which way and the fascia exploding into pieces on the shoulder just north of Exit 5. I laughed so hard it hurt. What a day.

So to that end, some promised photos. Nothing too wild, just coming off the high and getting back to normal daily grinds.

Taking delivery in Virginia:

image.jpg

A quick lunch before the 5-hour run to the stable:

image.jpg

Home in time to take the family for ice cream: Notice the 14 y/o thinking "Mine, mine, mine"

image.jpg

Cleaning brake residue and first hard look through. A much needed detailing is coming soon.

image.jpg

And I go on from here, sobered by the monster in the bonnet and giddy from the tease I had yesterday.

Edited by Grabberlicious