TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nashville

Anyone living in or from the Nashville area? Contemplating a move there someday. Just looking for tips / suggestions!

Edited by ilmor

I travel to the Nashville area quite frequently for business. The Franklin area is very nice, but real estate is a bit "spendy" in that area.

That's the area we are looking into.

Bob, my wife is there ALOT for biz. She's been busting on me to go with her someday, for years. Lots of great eats (bars) and music!

If you're too old for all that, ya may wanna stay put in CT. :hysterical:

:hide:

I might be too old for it but would go anyway!!

That's the area we are looking into.

Very nice area.

Brentwood is the neighboring area, and that may be a little less expensive.

Edited by Z-man

Very nice area.

Brentwood is the neighboring area, and that may be a little less expensive.

Thanks. We've been looking into that area as well. This move is a year away if it happens so we've got a fairly good amount of time to do our homework.

Past couple of years, Nashville has been the IT city. The Pro of this is so many Companies want to have a presence here or call Nashville home. Every day something new is being announced in the Gulch or new Corporation relocating to Williamson County. Really exciting times.

The big Con is the growing pains of all the growth. Construction everywhere with the infrastructure struggling to keep up in places.

There are better places to live but not many. Lots of water but no beaches. Not much snow but tornadoes. Heat, humidity and hospitality. Anything I can answer for you I will.

Past couple of years, Nashville has been the IT city. The Pro of this is so many Companies want to have a presence here or call Nashville home. Every day something new is being announced in the Gulch or new Corporation relocating to Williamson County. Really exciting times.

The big Con is the growing pains of all the growth. Construction everywhere with the infrastructure struggling to keep up in places.

There are better places to live but not many. Lots of water but no beaches. Not much snow but tornadoes. Heat, humidity and hospitality. Anything I can answer for you I will.

Much of this is good. Where I live (CT), its quite the opposite - a dying state. As for the beaches, I don't really care for the ocean / beaches so that's fine. Surprisingly, the tornado index there is no worse than where I am. Heat / humidity is not my favorite thing but neither is long, enduring cold, so that's an fair trade for me...esp. since it frees up so much more of the year to do Mustang stuff!

Nashville is definitely popping. Always something happening. Mustang season depends on your tolerance of rain/cold but March thru November is close to the minimum. Most cruise ins go April thru October.

An additional plus is there are beautiful country roads for scenic drives.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife and daughter are visiting the Nashville area this weekend while I dog-sit! They absolutely love all they've seen. The moving plan is definitely ON at this point.

What I tell you. Tell them to be careful though. Absolutely cannot drive in the rain here.

They'll be used to that from living in CT!!

Trust me, they will be the best drivers in Nashville. Glad your family is enjoying themselves. Tell your wife to take the humidity to Connecticut when she returns home.

Why can't people drive in the rain in Nash Bear?................. :shrug:

The rain turns people into NASCAR drivers with high speeds and brake checks or devil's molasses where they must drive 20-30 miles under the speed limit.

Mix no fear with all fear and you get rain demolition derby. Just you wait. First time it rains, you will shake your head and say...man these people can't drive.

The rain turns people into NASCAR drivers with high speeds and brake checks or devil's molasses where they must drive 20-30 miles under the speed limit.

Mix no fear with all fear and you get rain demolition derby. Just you wait. First time it rains, you will shake your head and say...man these people can't drive.

Gotcha...yeah not a good combo for sure.

Trust me, they will be the best drivers in Nashville. Glad your family is enjoying themselves. Tell your wife to take the humidity to Connecticut when she returns home.

Funny you should mention humidity. So far this summer the humidity has been higher in CT. I just checked again, same thing. Maybe it gets worse in August. In any event, being from Florida it'll be familiar.