TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2017 Shelby SuperSnake F150 Press Release

+1

Yeah, I don’t know why some people get their panties in a wad just because a Shelby licensed vehicle or Shelby authorized car isn’t built at SAI in Vegas. Carroll over the many years of SAI’s existence had partnerships where cars were produced elsewhere. The Shelby d Mexico if I recall correctly was built at a Mexican Ford Plant and it is still considered a Shelby and they are listed in the Shelby American World Registry. The Shelby Europa’s were built by A Ford Dealership with Authorization from Shelby and those are recognized in the World Registry as well if I am not mistaken. Those are just two off the top of my head. I am sure there are several others in regard to various continuation cars and of course now Tuscany and the trucks.

I can see where it was a good move to build the Trucks elsewhere because it leaves capacity to produces Mustang based vehicles and the Cobras in Vegas and probably helps keep overhead minimized.

Where does it say they are not built by SAI ???? All I Read was they are WORKING with Ford, not BUILT by Ford...

The second paragraph of the press release mentions the two main partners who along with SAI brought this truck to market. Like the 2016-17 Shelby F150, the 2017 Shelby Super Snake F150 will also be built in Indiana.

The production run of the 2016-17 Shelby F150's sold out immediately so it is expected that with only 150 Super Snake F150's being built it too will sell out in no time. Using an existing production facility who already has an established dealer network in place offers Shelby enthusiasts more options for having a new Shelby vehicle in their garage.

Steve

Because it is a Shelby. Late 1967's through 1970 Shelby Mustangs weren't built at Shelby's shop either, you going to say that they aren't Shelbys?

I'm not Mike keep running your mouth... just shows how little you know to use that to compare

+1

Yeah, I don’t know why some people get their panties in a wad just because a Shelby licensed vehicle or Shelby authorized car isn’t built at SAI in Vegas. Carroll over the many years of SAI’s existence had partnerships where cars were produced elsewhere. The Shelby d Mexico if I recall correctly was built at a Mexican Ford Plant and it is still considered a Shelby and they are listed in the Shelby American World Registry. The Shelby Europa’s were built by A Ford Dealership with Authorization from Shelby and those are recognized in the World Registry as well if I am not mistaken. Those are just two off the top of my head. I am sure there are several others in regard to various continuation cars and of course now Tuscany and the trucks.

I can see where it was a good move to build the Trucks elsewhere because it leaves capacity to produces Mustang based vehicles and the Cobras in Vegas and probably helps keep overhead minimized.

Panties huh, the internet makes me laugh

The second paragraph of the press release mentions the two main partners who along with SAI brought this truck to market. Like the 2016-17 Shelby F150, the 2017 Shelby Super Snake F150 will also be built in Indiana.

The production run of the 2016-17 Shelby F150's sold out immediately so it is expected that with only 150 Super Snake F150's being built it too will sell out in no time. Using an existing production facility who already has an established dealer network in place offers Shelby enthusiasts more options for having a new Shelby vehicle in their garage.

Steve

Sorry, but those trucks did not Sell Out quickly as there are many sitting on dealer lots right now. Dealer near me as had all their 3 for quite awhile

Tuscany is an independent custom truck/van manufacturer and has nothing to do with Ford. They offered those over priced Black Ops edition on Ford trucks which was really an insult to combat soldiers. My buddy did 5 tours between Iraq and Afgan. and couldn't believe they are trying to make a buck of the name. That's not my opinion but one of a retired U.S. Marine

Sorry, but those trucks did not Sell Out quickly as there are many sitting on dealer lots right now. Dealer near me as had all their 3 for quite awhile

Tuscany is an independent custom truck/van manufacturer and has nothing to do with Ford. They offered those over priced Black Ops edition on Ford trucks which was really an insult to combat soldiers. My buddy did 5 tours between Iraq and Afgan. and couldn't believe they are trying to make a buck of the name. That's not my opinion but one of a retired U.S. Marine

Carl,

If all 500 trucks were built and PURCHASED by dealerships that equals to being sold out. If a dealer can not order/purchase another truck from the builder because the allotted build has been maxed out I would consider that being sold out. If you want to believe otherwise that is fine but since I have all the VIN numbers and payment records in my office I stand behind what I posted.

Steven

Carl,

If all 500 trucks were built and PURCHASED by dealerships that equals to being sold out. If another dealer can not order/purchase another truck from the builder because the allotted build has been maxed out I would consider that being sold out. If you want to believe otherwise that is fine but since I have all the VIN numbers and payment records in my office I stand behind what I posted.

Steven

I remember the SGT's "sitting on stealer lots" back in the day.....the timing for the release of the SGT's was bad in two ways. The simultaneous release of the GT 500's and the confusion between the two cars, as well as the crash of the US market.

That said, the cars all "Sold Out" to stealers from SAI. So the term "Sold Out" is relative I suppose. :cool:

That said, the cars all "Sold Out" to stealers from SAI. So the term "Sold Out" is relative I suppose. :cool:

The difference though was that Ford/SAI had unsold SGT's sitting in our Vegas holding lot meaning that a dealer could call up and say send me two more of them "baby Shelby's" where that is not the case with the 2016-17 Shelby F150 trucks. There was a capped production and the dealers purchased everyone of them.

Steve

Lets not get confused. Sold out from factory, is far different than being sold through (out) at the dealerships. With the dealers mark up $$$ we could see some on the lots for a while.

What difference does it make on where it was built ? The way i see it Shelby would damn sure make sure its done right no matter where its built. Its there their name (license) and reputation thats at stake if it were inferior.

Besides 700 hp sitting under your britches is enough to get me excited.

Edited by DipChit