TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oil filter and filter tool

Those of you that have asked about the FREE OIL FILTER AND FILTER TOOL PROGRAM here is the latest.

Today I rec a package from Ford customer satisfaction program, a box with a Motorcraft oil filter and a filter tool in it.

The cool thing is that the tool has Shelby GT 350 on the top along with my vin #.

You also get a new Mustang Supplement.

So be patient yours should be coming.

Jay :clapping:

FYI for those of you with a 2016 you will get one. I got it today but had traded it for a 2017. The 2016 was still on the showroom floor so I took it up there and they put it in the trunk. I'm sure the one for my 2017 will arrive soon.

Edited by johnny1

FYI for those of you with a 2016 you will get one. I got it today but had traded it for a 2017. The 2016 was still on the showroom floor so I took it up there and they put it in the trunk. I'm sure the one for my 2017 will arrive soon.

Good form!

They put it in the trunk in front of you....when you drove away, the sales dude took it and put it in his cubby hole....keep an eye out on eBay next week.

:cool:

:hide:

Well guess what BIKEBOY the car has been on the showroom floor for months. I also gave them the supplement with the little crankshaft and chassis plaque even though they would never had known I had it. And it was all in the trunk when they opened it. They feel the same as I do that it should go with the car since it is all vin connected to that vehicle. And that car is going to an auction. So some one there may remove it all but no one at my dealership at Green Country Ford Parsons Kansas. So most likely won't be on eBay. Not every one is out to make a buck!!

Well guess what BIKEBOY the car has been on the showroom floor for months. I also gave them the supplement with the little crankshaft and chassis plaque even though they would never had known I had it. And it was all in the trunk when they opened it. They feel the same as I do that it should go with the car since it is all vin connected to that vehicle. And that car is going to an auction. So some one there may remove it all but no one at my dealership at Green Country Ford Parsons Kansas. So most likely won't be on eBay. Not every one is out to make a buck!!

:thumbsup:

You're a good man doing what ya did. :yup:

Well done sir!

When I traded my Boss302 I didn't give the dealer my Owners Kit. I asked them to give the new owner my name and phone number so I could get it to them. I didn't trust the dealership to do it. Too many experiences with them losing things or on eBay later.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't suppose this would apply to those of us who bought the car pre-owned? I recently purchased my car from a non-Ford dealer who bought it at an auction, formerly owned by another Ford dealer who looks to have purchased it from the original owner...No luck in tracking anything down but the Carfax listed both the recall and the wrench as 'open'. The recall parts are on order through my dealer now, not sure about the wrench. I would really love to track down the suppliment if at all possible. My car looks to have been a pretty early number '16 model (chassis #0032)

• 1 month later...

Johnny1 can you elaborate on the crankshaft and chassis plaque? First I have heard of it. I got my car 2 weeks ago roughly and heard nothing of this thing. The sales guy is a friend of mine so I know he is not trying to screw me. He called me last week because he got some Shelby mugs and books from Ford and put a set aside for me. Picking them up today. I want to bring up the things you mentioned so any more details would be greatly appreciated!!

You will receive it directly from Ford marketing since you bought the car. May be a few weeks or even months. Only problem is its sent UPS and you have to sign for it and unless you sign up on computer to receive shipping notifications from UPS you might not be home to sign for and receive it. Some have had UPS send back cause they weren't home to sign for it. Its really nice and you will like the personal touch to your car.

Is this something that just "happens" triggered by the purchase? Is there something more that needs to be done to make it happen? I think anything that's VIN-tied to the car is just plain cool.

Edited by Grabberlicious

Triggered by the purchase. Nothing else to do but wait and be there to sign for it when UPS comes by. Its a marketing thing from Ford to all FIRST time (not second owner etc.) Shelby GT 350 buyers. But like I said unless you sign up to UPS to receive notifications to your email or cell phone of shipments coming to you you will not know its coming days/weeks/months from now till UPS rings your door bell for your signature. Hope your home!

Triggered by the purchase. Nothing else to do but wait and be there to sign for it when UPS comes by. Its a marketing thing from Ford to all FIRST time (not second owner etc.) Shelby GT 350 buyers. But like I said unless you sign up to UPS to receive notifications to your email or cell phone of shipments coming to you you will not know its coming days/weeks/months from now till UPS rings your door bell for your signature. Hope your home!

I posted a response this morning to this but it isn't here weird.

Anyway I was home cleaning my Shelby GT yesterday afternoon and the UPS shows up and has a box for me with the owners kit inside. What a nice package from Ford this thing is! Now just waiting for my oil filter wrench!

The oil wrench and filter (if car is early 17 built in 16 or before that doesn't have the latest canister filter) will come by USPS and not require a signature. Its nice also with your vin number on the filter wrench.

• 1 month later...

I found my O/F & wrench kit in the trunk when I took delivery. Looks like my car was traded from a store in Ohio according to the destination on the Monroney label.

It took about four weeks but my Owners Kit showed up this past Thursday and my wife put it in her cars trunk and promptly forgot about it. My son was detailing her car on Sunday and found it. Pretty nice stuff for motor-heads and non-motor-heads alike. Made my wife watch the video so she might understand more about what we own. I "think" she gets it......

• 4 weeks later...

I have a '17 GT350 purchased in late August. If I am understanding correctly, only early '17s and earlier will get the oil filter and wrench mailer. What was changed in the later models that the wrench is no longer needed? Do the filters on the later '17 models still need to be torqued like the early '17s and '16s?