TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Ford extends GT350/GT350R to 2018 model year

Amazing how some are surprised or even bitter about a continuation ofGT350 production. Is there really anyone who thought this was a 2 year thing, "limited production" and all the other nonsense that goes along with this stuff. Did these people not learn from what transpired with the GT500s. The 2 year, 3,000 unit, "limited production" run that so many internet enthusiasts banked on in 2007 ballooned into an 8 year 50,000 unit build cycle. Not the least bit surprising.

Guest markham51

Rumor was the 2018 GT350 would get the 10spd Automatic as an option so is it still possible or nada

Ford media center says other than 3 new colors...no other changes.

Now, about those nutty dealers with 2016 models still sitting on their lots with stupid ADM... Are you dealers awake out there?

LMAO, Ford Dealers are BY FAR the worst when it comes to ADM's. I have over 82 Focus RS's within 70 miles of me and these Jack Wagons are still looking for ADM's. I would bet MANY potential buyers have moved on to the Golf R or WRX. Just like MANY buyers have moved on from the GT-350, the Corvette forum has several that mentioned their first choice was the GT-350, but with the ADM it falls into the Grand Sport Vette price range.

Edited by carnut12

Admin's at this point are misguided. That crowd has left the building. The 10spd A/T sounds interesting. They need to offer a different wheel, more interior color options and maybe a limited convertible to keep the conversation going.

Admin's at this point are misguided. That crowd has left the building. The 10spd A/T sounds interesting. They need to offer a different wheel, more interior color options and maybe a limited convertible to keep the conversation going.

I think it is great they are extending the GT350 run. Agree they do need more wheel options. Maybe try a racing paddle shift system in the car for those who want it. As for the GT500, they could release it mid year 2018 if they wanted to as a limited production run.

LMAO, Ford Dealers are BY FAR the worst when it comes to ADM's. I have over 82 Focus RS's within 70 miles of me and these Jack Wagons are still looking for ADM's. I would bet MANY potential buyers have moved on to the Golf R or WRX. Just like MANY buyers have moved on from the GT-350, the Corvette forum has several that mentioned their first choice was the GT-350, but with the ADM it falls into the Grand Sport Vette price range.

They are the worst with this ridiculous ADM/Market Adjustment BS. These threads always remind me of the initial 2007 year of the GT500 when some of these grease ball morons were holding out for $25,000 over sticker. The manufacturer had to rescue these monkeys from themselves with 0% financing mid summer of 2007 with the '08s poised to roll out. They didn't learn to fast and kept up the avarice through '08 that resulted in invoice pricing and a $3,000 rebate/incentive from Ford. Give a Ford dealer a great product and their grease ball mindset compels them to make a mess of it. Ya gotta wonder how many guys crossed over to a Corvette or Camaro in reaction to the Ford retailer's customer alienating stupidity.

I had to go to Tampa this weekend, back to the dealer who sold me my GT350.

They had 3 RS's on the lot and NO adm.

Had a stripe delete white GT350 and there was a 5K adm on it and an R in the delivery show room..

Glad Ford will still make these but I'm also hoping Ford comes out with a new high-HP Mustang along with the track beast GT350.

Off-topic: That's why I bought my GT500 in Florida. Got it for 3K under msrp in 2008 when there were ADMs up here.

Glad Ford will still make these but I'm also hoping Ford comes out with a new high-HP Mustang along with the track beast GT350.

Off-topic: That's why I bought my GT500 in Florida. Got it for 3K under msrp in 2008 when there were ADMs up here.

I do not see how they cannot answer the ZL-1 and Hellcat, my bet is it will be a 2018 model introduced about a year from now.

I did have a person at a legit Mustang parts company say the GT500 will indeed have the 10spd automatic with paddle shifters so if that is the case then why not offer it as an option on the so called last year GT350?

I don't get FORD either because why spend all these millions developing a car like the GT500, Boss 302, GT350, to sell it for how many years then just kill it off. Example, everyone wants the Mach 1 back and I would offer the Mach 1 package every year not just 3-4 years then stop it. I would offer the Boss 302 every year too along with a GT350 or GT500. They Sold all these back in the 60's and 70's side by side and their are buyers for all of them and now world buyers too