TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How to ruin a KR

Cali_KR

The KR is really not anything sacred but why use one in the first place. A garden variety 2007 would have made just as good of a starting point for such a project. 1,600 HP in a street driven vehicle is pointless and flatly laughable. Lots of "look at me" with this one. I can just see this car at a cruise with the dyno print out framed and resting under the hood. Someone is validating themselves with a bench racers dream car. 100 grand? Yeah right.

How to ruin a KR?

I present Exhibit A

The prosecution rests!

http://gatewayclassiccars.com/houston/2009/ford/mustang-S607.html

Hmmmm....... Texas license plates and a monkey on the hood, someone watching too much "reality tv"?

Tom must have forgotten that purple in color KR2. Compared to that KR this one looks great :)

Agree, no reason to start with a KR for this conversion, a high mileage GT500 would have been better since doing a complete engine swap. I don't consider this "reversible" with the engine swap and amount of mods unless you could pickup the car for $80K under asking price.

What an owner does with his car, good taste or not, is up to him. But when they expect that someone else will have the same sense of appreciation and mythical value, then reality may set in with a not so pleasant surprise. So the question is, is the car on sales consignment at the dealership or is the dealership as nuts as the original owner???

The really humorous part of this is the owner's apparent notion that he can recover a significant portion if not all of the costs of his modifications. Doesn't work that way and certainly not here. He may actually learn at the end of his sales process that the car may have been worth more or the same if he had never monkeyed it up as he has.

These major consignment dealers are popping up all over the country. They have 14 locations under one company. Streetside classics is yet another one. They will consign anything with tires. They have so many different type of cars there is no way they know much about what they sell. The older restorations are some of the worst on the planet. The KR is a fine example of bring it on in and hell yes we can get you over $100K. I've never seen so many chopped up rusted out bright and glossy pieces of junk under one roof. The majority of their cars are not current models. The top shelf restorations don't go to these places. But they ask top shelf prices for these driver class cars. Sad day for this KR. Want a good laugh look @ this classic thunderbird they have on consignment. They really do take anything on wheels.

post-9597-0-35196400-1488147294_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-81940400-1488147597_thumb.jpeg

post-9597-0-32115500-1488147830_thumb.jpeg

Edited by mach 1 1970

These major consignment dealers are popping up all over the country. They have 14 locations under one company. Streetside classics is yet another one. They will consign anything with tires. They have so many different type of cars there is no way they know much about what they sell. The older restorations are some of the worst on the planet. The KR is a fine example of bring it on in and hell yes we can get you over $100K. I've never seen so many chopped up rusted out bright and glossy pieces of junk under one roof. The majority of their cars are not current models. The top shelf restorations don't go to these places. But they ask top shelf prices for these driver class cars. Sad day for this KR. Want a good laugh look @ this classic thunderbird they have on consignment. They really do take anything on wheels.

Having had a couple cars at Gateway I would never buy one from them. Their cars are nowhere near the quality of the asking price as they are flawed quite a bit. Yet worse is the people trying to sell them have no clue and at certain locations they go through salesmen faster than the time it sits there. That ruined my taste for cosignment

• 2 weeks later...

This makes me sad on many levels.

Basically it's a race car now. That BMR K member will make that car horrid to drive on the street.

I guess if someone wanted a purpose-built race car then ok? But even then... you already know it's been beaten to death and those 5k miles are probably the hardest miles that could be recorded on the odometer.

Sad

This makes me sad on many levels.

Basically it's a race car now. That BMR K member will make that car horrid to drive on the street.

I guess if someone wanted a purpose-built race car then ok? But even then... you already know it's been beaten to death and those 5k miles are probably the hardest miles that could be recorded on the odometer.

Sad

I have a BMR K member on my car and it is very streetable.