TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replace mesh in CS8 grille

So I managed to get a hold of a CS8 grille, it is the version with light holes in it.
I want the version without light holes in it. So I figured I could replace the mesh, so I have the version without the holes in it :)

But I want the EXACT same mesh, and it's hard to find. Anyone did this before (i think it can't be hard to replace mesh) and knows the exact mesh that is used and where to get it?

Thanks!

Yes, the grille mesh is easily replaced by undoing the button head Allen bolts along the perimeter of the grille. With out measurements I'm not sure if this is the exact mesh, but it is the correct shape.

http://www.customcargrills.com/proddetail.asp?prod=Halo-Mesh

I chose to replace with a hexagon wire mesh to more closely replicated the 65-66 GT350 grille.

Edited by EL SHELBY

Where did you find the grille? I had one and foolishly sold it.

Well, 3 years of active searching (facebook groups, forums, shops etc) with 0 luck, almost 3000$ worth of 'wrong v6' grilles which were sold to me as 'v8' versions. And now a friend in the USA decided to sell me his spare (the one with light holes in it though, but I will fix that by replacing the mesh).

You will have to have very deep pockets and ALOT of patience OR luck to find one i'm afraid.

Well, 3 years of active searching (facebook groups, forums, shops etc) with 0 luck, almost 3000$ worth of 'wrong v6' grilles which were sold to me as 'v8' versions. And now a friend in the USA decided to sell me his spare (the one with light holes in it though, but I will fix that by replacing the mesh).

You will have to have very deep pockets and ALOT of patience OR luck to find one i'm afraid.

Thanks too bad SPP won't bring it back. I'd take one like your with the holes for lights.