TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Rear Tow Hook

$40 later and a fresh coat of primer..............top coat of performance white tonight

i-SsHxLRZ-L.jpg

i-wvNH357-L.jpg

i-NJS6Csq-M.jpg

Was missing a impact bar bolt only had 5 out of 6 on the car....welder friend had an extra corvette bolt ughhhh better then a trip to the stealership or Ace and no time to order from Tasca

i-2KPpWdM-M.jpg

Edited by andrewnagle1964

Looks like your missing the small piece for the back side at an angle to support?

IMG_20160322_121651441_zpsatjizqqy.jpg

If the intent is to use this while on track, you may want to remove the plate while tracking as track workers will be able to easily see the tow hook.

Edited by stngfever

Looks like your missing the small piece for the back side at an angle to support?

IMG_20160322_121651441_zpsatjizqqy.jpg

If the intent is to use this while on track, you may want to remove the plate while tracking as track workers will be able to easily see the tow hook.

wondering where the hell that plate went ughhhhhhhhhhh

Oh boy! Shouldn't be hard to have a piece made and welded in.

Just talked to welder friend and can make a piece and add it. He welded the small piece at the bottom & behind the bracket and on the third raised bumper row said it fit right there.

better now then later........

Thanks for the input and photo !!!!

Just talked to welder friend and can make a piece and add it. He welded the small piece at the bottom & behind the bracket and on the third raised bumper row said it fit right there.

better now then later........

Thanks for the input and photo !!!!

Glad I could help!

• 2 months later...

Is the rear bumper crash beam not spot welded on there? You can really pull the vehicle by this bar only held onto the car with 6 X 18ft/lb bolts?

Haven't used the rear hook yet, I think this weekend I will hook it up to the truck and see what happens before I need it. Have you used the front hook to pull it up onto a rollback.