TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recall Letter and the BASH

Shelby J

Ok sports fans.

How many of you are out there like myself that have one car and it is a GT 350 and you can't go to the BASH?????

I missed # 7 because it was the second year to race inside the NASCAR track and I did that once and didn't need that again.

Last year I didn't have a car.

This year I have a car and can't drive it.

Jay... :swear:

Why cant you go to the bash?

Just because of the recall on the GT350??? :fear:

I am shipping my GT350 out to Cali next week, driving it all around Cali the week prior, will be in LA for the start of Bash and then drive to Vegas.

Hope to see you there.

That's some Team Shelby spirit right there, enjoy the Bash run and see you in Vegas.

Steve

I would love to go... but I am slammed with work for about a year. I got two new contracts in the last two months and they are going to keep me slammed. I have to stick to local tracks for awhile.

I am a bit concerned about the trans overheating and the oil cooler line. I really want to address both before I hit any tracks, too.

Ok sports fans.

How many of you are out there like myself that have one car and it is a GT 350 and you can't go to the BASH?????

I missed # 7 because it was the second year to race inside the NASCAR track and I did that once and didn't need that again.

Seriously?! I'd drive that car all the time, regardless of the letter.

I had three cars subject to the airbag recall, didn't stop me from driving/tracking them.

You're assuming that something WILL happen, when in fact, the numbers are very small that anything will.

At our last local track day at Laguna Seca two months ago, there were at least a dozen GT350's flying around without issue

If you're that concerned, do EVERYTHING but the track...you'll be fine, and amongst your friends.

Just my .02

Edited by Cali_KR

Seriously?! I'd drive that car all the time, regardless of the letter.

I had three cars subject to the airbag recall, didn't stop me from driving/tracking them.

You're assuming that something WILL happen, when in fact, the numbers are very small that anything will.

At our last local track day at Laguna Seca two months ago, there were at least a dozen GT350's flying around without issue

If you're that concerned, do EVERYTHING but the track...you'll be fine, and amongst your friends.

Just my .02

Totally agree with everything above.

My GT500 is waiting on the passenger airbag recall, still driving it. Matter of fact, that will be what I will be driving while I am still home when the GT350 leaves for Cali tomorrow.

As far as the recall on the oil cooler on the GT350, if it leaks, Ford will fix it. Otherwise I am driving car.

The other item of the Trans Cooler, I did an DIY kit and it loves the cooler on the track, can't wait til the Bash and be able to hit Spring Mountain.

reasons for missing.....

1) Death, at which time I hope to see my Shelby friends again regardless!

2) Incapacitated due to Health reasons, of which could include caring for loved ones with aforementioned issues.

IMO, any other reason is just an excuse or result of poor planning! lol

reasons for missing.....

1) Death, at which time I hope to see my Shelby friends again regardless!

2) Incapacitated due to Health reasons, of which could include caring for loved ones with aforementioned issues.

IMO, any other reason is just an excuse or result of poor planning! lol

:drop:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

At the risk of sounding ignorant, what is the BASH?

check out the threads here....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/forum/322-2017-shelby-bash-march-9th-12th/

Basically, its an annual Team Shelby mega-party in Las Vegas , featuring track time, cruise/poker -runs, car show, pancakes, guests speakers.....and some damn fun!!!!

Z-man

Since I don't drive my 14 GT500 in the passenger seat I'm not concerned. Don't take passengers either. Drive my wife's car when we go out together. Oil lines would bother me but I don't have that 16 Shelby track car anymore. 7 + month wait for the fix does seem a bit much.

Or if your car is leaking oil, but still bikeboy is correct. Owners cars are 2nd fiddle. And this is what my service manager told me last week. This is copy of email.

David,

Just to update you, the parts order has come back denied for the time being due to parts supply constraints. Vehicles that are currently sold and registered are not eligible for parts ordering until mid-March (that is their E.T.A on better availability) unless they are in the dealership with a leaking cooler tube. If the concern presents itself, please let me know right away. Otherwise, we will have to await further notice from Ford.

Thank you,

Edited by IASHELBYGT

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sports fans.

Jay

It was nice to meet you at the track. Glad you brought the GT350 after all...it was a good time.

I want to thank Jim, Jimmy, Z-Man, Cali, and Steve for getting me off the fence. For me # 8 was the best for many reasons.

{ read my post , in the recall letter)

Jim great talking to you, the next time we see each other is in your backyard at DAYTONA.

Jay...

I want to thank Jim, Jimmy, Z-Man, Cali, and Steve for getting me off the fence. For me # 8 was the best for many reasons.

{ read my post , in the recall letter)

Jim great talking to you, the next time we see each other is in your backyard at DAYTONA.

Jay...

:thumbsup:

I will be there and have a couple of adult beverages also! :happy feet: :happy feet: