TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby Ford Mustang being unveiled on 1-19-2017 at B-J Scottsdale

mhr1961

I just wish Ford would build a MACH1.....heck call it a Shelby Mach1 but build it with the legendary shaker and all...why they have stayed away from

it since 03-04 is beyond me...wish they'd have done it with the 05-14 models.

If Ford repeats history, probably wont see a Mach 1 till the 2019 model year

I'm thinking GT500. The flyer says #50years & the 1st GT500 was in '67. I know Ford has been doing the development, so you'd think Ford would announce it vice SAI. But they're doing it at the Ford Performance booth. I just think it'll be the GT500.

I think Ford would be the one to introduce a new GT500, they wouldn't lose that opportunity to hype a new halo Mustang. Look how much they put into the earlier GT500 and the recent GT350, it is too important to turn this over to a partner. They would want to do it at a major press event, I guess they could do it together but think it must be something else. Not a Mach 1, why would SAI be involved? KR?, could be something GT based but would probably lose opportunity for a GT500KR later.

Doesn't matter what IT is..... It's NOT going to be as relevant as the offerings were in the old days...sorry to say.

The fervor is gone. It feels like SA has lost its way. They keep trying anything and everything to drum up new business.

I HATE being negative here. But, C'mon, this is just the latest and greatest attempt to save the brand. I love our cars and Carroll, and the brand, but......................... I'll probably be lambasted now. But, that's OK.

Edited by BIKEBOY

Doesn't matter what IT is..... It's NOT going to be as relevant as the offerings were in the old days...sorry to say.

The fervor is gone. It feels like SA has lost its way. They keep trying anything and everything to drum up new business.

I HATE being negative here. But, C'mon, this is just the latest and greatest attempt to save the brand. I love our cars and Carroll, and the brand, but......................... I'll probably be lambasted now. But, that's OK.

+1

You wont be "Lambasted"..................................................just taken to the Town Square and Caned.

:hysterical:

Well, it's not based on the '18. Going off the photo and descriptions on the '18 hitting the wire today the front fascia and headlights are from the '15-'17 model.

I wonder why they would introduce a 2017 model right after Ford announces the new 2018? Seems to be a new SS with those stripes, not sure why it is not based on the 2018?

Hmmm, must be an apparition when I visit the SA shop year after year and see practically every service bay occupied with those lack of fervor projects! :cool: