TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Warranty Bummer. Anyone have the problem with the rolldown of the windows.

LurpsFOB

I took my new 16 GT 350 by the dealer yesterday. I've got a problem with the driver's side window. When you open the door from the outside the window unleaches like a Jack in the Box. It literally rattles back & forth for a little bit. The mechanic that told me he had adjusted it said that he couldn't find a fix on Ford's Maintenance Coumpurter. So I go to another dealer and no one want's to take on this job. Said they don't know enough about the proper fix.

It's embaresing to show the car to anyone because they want to see the inside and I have to hold my right hand at the window top before pulling on the door handle or the window justs jerks violently open. Passensger side is perfect. Anyone else experience this?

Thx, LrrpsFOB :drool:

Thanks for the reply's. When I first got back to the shop I spoke to the mechanic and he gave me the impression he was afraid he may do more damage than good. I purchased the vehicle out of state but they didn't seem to care about that part. I'll take the advise given to the service department manager and see what he has to say. There's 5 fairly large Ford Dealerships here so someone has to be willing to get it fixed without damaging any other parts in the process..

I currently have the same issue. The driver side window doesn't drop enough to clear the seal/roof when opened. Been at the dealer for over twenty days. they have changed out the window regulator, unmounted and remounted the door, Several adjustments. Still not fixed. Hope you have better luck than me.

I currently have the same issue. The driver side window doesn't drop enough to clear the seal/roof when opened. Been at the dealer for over twenty days. they have changed out the window regulator, unmounted and remounted the door, Several adjustments. Still not fixed. Hope you have better luck than me.

That sounds like the limits have to set.... mine started doing something like this but it wouldn't roll up all the way. As it states in the manual, with the door closed, roll the window all the way down and keep the button pressed for two to 4 seconds, then roll it all the way back up and hold the button for two to four seconds. This will reset the computer limits on the window, worked for mine.

As for the opening post it sounds like the same problem, the window isn't coming down that 1/2 inch when you open the door. Try resetting the limits.

That sounds like the limits have to set.... mine started doing something like this but it wouldn't roll up all the way. As it states in the manual, with the door closed, roll the window all the way down and keep the button pressed for two to 4 seconds, then roll it all the way back up and hold the button for two to four seconds. This will reset the computer limits on the window, worked for mine.

As for the opening post it sounds like the same problem, the window isn't coming down that 1/2 inch when you open the door. Try resetting the limits.

What he said, this happen to me & was cured within minutes following that procedure thats in your manual

Yep - have to reset the limits often when the battery is either disconnected or loses it's charge. I hope that is it, but if your dealer hasn't checked this yet after having the car this long you need to find another dealer.

I was thinking the same thing.....

I hope the results are posted..... curious minds want to know.... :lurk: