TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Borla Exhaust for 2015-16 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 - comparison

Larry T

The stock GT350 system sounds pretty darn good to me. I have never seen a Borla or Bassani system that was not a horrible drone monster. Been there.

Have the Borla on my 500. When we switch SC and blew out the cats, I had a horrible drone with the S-Type mufflers. swapped over to the Borla Touring and the drone is gone.

But, like you, my 350 exhaust is pretty good.

I would be very hesitant to change out the factory GT350 exhaust. I think it is fantastic. Most of the '16/'17 muscle or sports car exhausts seem very good and many of those have option to open the diverting valves for more authority. The '17 ZL1 factory exhaust is second to none.

Guest markham51

Thanks for the headsup. I am a Borla fan however...since the GT350 is synonymous with an awesome sound from the factory ...it is the last thing I would change on it. Unless there is a meaningful shortcoming (haven't found one yet) this car is going to stay unmodified. :shift:

Sounds like most of the sound difference is due to replacement of the resonator with straight pipes and less to do with a different muffler. The Borla exhaust sounded more like a GT350R.

I'm doing the resonator delete. I think that's the only exhaust mod you need.

I would be very hesitant to change out the factory GT350 exhaust. I think it is fantastic. Most of the '16/'17 muscle or sports car exhausts seem very good and many of those have option to open the diverting valves for more authority. The '17 ZL1 factory exhaust is second to none.

Thanks for the headsup. I am a Borla fan however...since the GT350 is synonymous with an awesome sound from the factory ...it is the last thing I would change on it. Unless there is a meaningful shortcoming (haven't found one yet) this car is going to stay unmodified. :shift:

Concur completely. My neighbor has a GT350 and it is one of the most righteous sounding OEM exhausts ever, IMHO. The manufacturers are doing some nice work w/OEM exhausts of late- Corvette, Hellcat or SRT series, and the Camaro- all just awesome sounding.