TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Thinkin of purchasing another home in central Fl....

Jimmy Sak

I moved to FL (from NJ) back in the early 80's. Been here now closing on 40 years. Spent the first 30+ years in/around Ft. Lauderdale, last 3+ about 90 miles north in the Treasure Coast area. Not sure I could live any place other than FL @ this point- the weather is just too nice (most of the year), no state income tax and lots of nice people.

Loads of nice areas on the east coast, west coast & central FL. Gotta be better than living up north in the winter!

Lee

I'm 45 and just did the same thing. Haven't looked back, no regrets.

From what I'm seeing and hearing, right now does not seem like a good time to purchase a house though. Houses around here are selling for about 30% higher than 2010-2011. I'm renting right now and hope prices come down in the spring when the snow birds flock back out of here.

Edited by TheKurgan

I moved to FL (from NJ) back in the early 80's. Been here now closing on 40 years. Spent the first 30+ years in/around Ft. Lauderdale, last 3+ about 90 miles north in the Treasure Coast area. Not sure I could live any place other than FL @ this point- the weather is just too nice (most of the year), no state income tax and lots of nice people.

Loads of nice areas on the east coast, west coast & central FL. Gotta be better than living up north in the winter!

Lee

Same here, been in Central Fl for 40yrs..

Can drive the shelby almost 365 days a year :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Well ,my options are pretty open. My biggest issue after the divorce is having no fam within 500miles. If I do have back surgery, I would rather be by my sister. (Florida) Her husband is the assistant DA for Lake county, so somewhere within an hour of them is what I am shooting for. The whole "driving a Shelby year round" sounds pretty darn good too!

Yep, New England is for the birds. Unless you're into winter sports like skiing or snowmobiling but even then some years you can't. Can really only enjoy warmer weather outdoors for 6 or 7 months a year, if that. Recently it was cloudy all summer, another year it rained every weekend. As soon as I can I'd like to move south with you guys. :yahoo:

Well ,my options are pretty open. My biggest issue after the divorce is having no fam within 500miles. If I do have back surgery, I would rather be by my sister. (Florida) Her husband is the assistant DA for Lake county, so somewhere within an hour of them is what I am shooting for. The whole "driving a Shelby year round" sounds pretty darn good too!

Lake County is a beautiful area, very nice for motorcycle riding too. It's close enough to Metro Orlando that a big town is nearby, yet you'll find lots of smaller hometown type spots where some of that ol' Southern charm is still present.

Loads of great Stang shops in the state too so if you're into modding, FL is the place. Heck, VMP ain't that far off from Lake Co.

And my '09 GT500 is my daily driver!

By the by, we call them State's Attorney's down here...

Lee

If you end up near your sister, I am about 30 minutes from Lake County, north Orlando, more specifically Apopka. Look me up and we can get some adult beverages or you can join us on many of the Mustang/Shelby GTG!

Yep, New England is for the birds. Unless you're into winter sports like skiing or snowmobiling but even then some years you can't. Can really only enjoy warmer weather outdoors for 6 or 7 months a year, if that. Recently it was cloudy all summer, another year it rained every weekend. As soon as I can I'd like to move south with you guys. :yahoo:

Not sure we want you here :stop: ....but you can send your beautiful wife!!!... :stirpot:

Just kidding Secondo... :hysterical2::hysterical2::sunny:

Lake County is a beautiful area, very nice for motorcycle riding too. It's close enough to Metro Orlando that a big town is nearby, yet you'll find lots of smaller hometown type spots where some of that ol' Southern charm is still present.

Loads of great Stang shops in the state too so if you're into modding, FL is the place. Heck, VMP ain't that far off from Lake Co.

And my '09 GT500 is my daily driver!

By the by, we call them State's Attorney's down here...

Lee

:victory:

Listen, Florida isn't as great as it was and the people in CA, AZ, TX, complaining about illegal immigrants I don't think the Border Patrol even covers south Florida anymore so you are not the only state with this issue. Within the last 3 years it has gotten so crowded there is no more 'fun time driving' as you get irritated real fast. It seems like half the Caribbean moved to south Florida plus hundreds of thousands more from south America. I was driving through Orlando a week ago and it seems to have doubled in people so I guess the influx in the south is now pushing upwards. Yea you get the year round weather but we have no great driving roads that doesn't have a stoplight every block so the only place to enjoy a drive is on the Turnpike or Sawgrass or I-75 depending where you live.

It got so crowded and is why I'm moving plus I just want more land and if you want land in Florida you have to move to the BFE area

I too want to retire to FL. Specifically, I am fond of Cape Coral/ Bonita Springs area. I love the canals and gulf access from both and the fact i don't have to winterized my cars!

You don't have to winterize but I have found out one thing, and that's you have to stay on top of your maintenance. The salt life will corrode any metal. The more you drive it, the more up-keep you have to do. I wax mine monthly with carnuba. I thought the chrome wheels on my truck were destroyed in about 2 weeks because they had white spots all over them and I couldn't get it off with vinegar or lemon juice, but I just found a product called White Diamond that removes it pretty easy. Any polished aluminum or metal under the hood will get ugly pretty quick too.

Listen, Florida isn't as great as it was and the people in CA, AZ, TX, complaining about illegal immigrants I don't think the Border Patrol even covers south Florida anymore so you are not the only state with this issue. Within the last 3 years it has gotten so crowded there is no more 'fun time driving' as you get irritated real fast. It seems like half the Caribbean moved to south Florida plus hundreds of thousands more from south America. I was driving through Orlando a week ago and it seems to have doubled in people so I guess the influx in the south is now pushing upwards. Yea you get the year round weather but we have no great driving roads that doesn't have a stoplight every block so the only place to enjoy a drive is on the Turnpike or Sawgrass or I-75 depending where you live.

It got so crowded and is why I'm moving plus I just want more land and if you want land in Florida you have to move to the BFE area

I don't mind being in the BFE area....I love it actually. I would like to be by family, and too put my cars on the tracks! Ill likely keep a home up north to get the heck away if need be :-) My sister has a second home in Eustis that they rent out, I could always move there to start. I'm just glad I have finally made my mind up! lol

You don't have to winterize but I have found out one thing, and that's you have to stay on top of your maintenance. The salt life will corrode any metal. The more you drive it, the more up-keep you have to do. I wax mine monthly with carnuba. I thought the chrome wheels on my truck were destroyed in about 2 weeks because they had white spots all over them and I couldn't get it off with vinegar or lemon juice, but I just found a product called White Diamond that removes it pretty easy. Any polished aluminum or metal under the hood will get ugly pretty quick too.

White Diamond is some good stuff!!! Use it on my wheels and polished Whipple.

I don't mind being in the BFE area....I love it actually. I would like to be by family, and too put my cars on the tracks! Ill likely keep a home up north to get the heck away if need be :-) My sister has a second home in Eustis that they rent out, I could always move there to start. I'm just glad I have finally made my mind up! lol

Please contact me when you get moved in and settled.

White Diamond is some good stuff!!! Use it on my wheels and polished Whipple.

Isn't it though ? I swear I rubbed in the same spot on one wheel with about 5 different products and those saltwater spots would not come off. Then I found that White Diamond at Wally World up in Miami and the spots came off super easy! I've sprayed the underside of my truck as well with Corrosion X since it's putting the boat in and out all the time.

Isn't it though ? I swear I rubbed in the same spot on one wheel with about 5 different products and those saltwater spots would not come off. Then I found that White Diamond at Wally World up in Miami and the spots came off super easy! I've sprayed the underside of my truck as well with Corrosion X since it's putting the boat in and out all the time.

:thumbsup:

I am a converted Croftgate user now. I love the results and time saving. The wash and wax is fantastic. I live in Va Beach and the salt air is a big problem. I wash wax and seal my vehicles monthly.