TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recall Letter

Shelby J

All GT350 sales are suspended until the fix is available. Dealer inventory cannot be sold.

What I don't get is why there are no hoses for cars that are already sold. They clearly made hundreds of cars with the fixed lines. Why can't they fix our cars?! Ugh!

I talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought my car last week and they said they haven't heard anything from Ford yet about the fix or when they expect to hear anything. My car is parked for the winter now, but I told him I wanted it fixed by April. Damn frustrating how this is being handled.

Our dealer told us there will be a fix "soon" but I doubt they are privy to any special information.

• 1 month later...

I received my PASSENGER airbag recall notice yesterday. I will be "notified when parts are abailable". :lol: That notification took 1.5 years for the driver's side. :drop:

I received my PASSENGER airbag recall notice yesterday. I will be "notified when parts are abailable". :lol: That notification took 1.5 years for the driver's side. :drop:

Got mine too, Bob. It went right where all the previous ones I've gotten over the years have gone..................file 13.

I am souring on Ford. 2014 Focus for our daughter is a POS transmission and been to the dealer 4 times. Bought our most recent truck from Ram instead cause of rebate bullshit. Went to the dealer last to trade in 2010 Flex and left frustrated. We have owned over a dozen fords as a family and company.

I am souring on Ford. 2014 Focus for our daughter is a POS transmission and been to the dealer 4 times. Bought our most recent truck from Ram instead cause of rebate bullshit. Went to the dealer last to trade in 2010 Flex and left frustrated. We have owned over a dozen fords as a family and company.

I love Ford, but the current product line IMO opinion is not the most desirable. I just purchased two non-Fords, a Nissan Armada and a VW Passat SE. I will continue to buy Fords still when the timing and models are right. Mustangs are another example - I just didn't like (or buy) them for years until the S197 was introduced.

Not to stray too far from the airbag thread though ... :lol:

This is the recall to replace a hose?

Airbags.

ilmor, I believe this topic (being in the GT350 subforum) is directed towards a discussion of the GT350 oil line recall. Is the GT350 subject to any air bag recall? I thought the airbag problem was well understood by that time and that the 2015+ (may be earlier) were using a different supplier (not Takata).

ilmor, I believe this topic (being in the GT350 subforum) is directed towards a discussion of the GT350 oil line recall. Is the GT350 subject to any air bag recall? I thought the airbag problem was well understood by that time and that the 2015+ (may be earlier) were using a different supplier (not Takata).

OMG so sorry! I searched for the airbag thread and ended up here, posted w/out looking twice!!!

:wub:

Hollywood could not have scripted it any better. Saturday morning at the Spring Mountain track it was a crystal clear 60 degree day and I was walking to the drivers meeting for the second track day at the Shelby Bash. My phone rings and the Ford dealer is calling telling me parts are in and they want to schedule the fix.

So today 2-14-17 I was sitting at the door to the shop area at 0650 for a 0700 opening. Doors open I pull in and Service advisor Pete Murrin who owns a GT 500 himself walks up telling how excited he was to shave their first GT 350 recall in for repairs. I told him I wanted to take pictures of the old lines after it was opened up and new lines and new lines installed before buttoning it up.

I asked if the front wheels needed to come off and he said he didn't know and asked why. I told him I hadn't had time to clean anything from the Bash. He said if I tell Austin the mechanic doing the work to take them off they would come off. They took the wheels to the wash rack and I was able to clean and polish the two fronts while Austin did the repair. I walked back into the shop twice got all the picture I wanted and talked to Austin about doing extended studs on the spindles and how much work the rears would be. I also cleaned the belly pan and the splitter so they looked new when they went back on.

Austin was in his mid 20's and every question I asked he was able to talk in depth with me about it.

This repair is so easy it took longer to open it up than it did to replace hoses. You have a spring clip on one end and a nut on the other. The brace holding the two hoses together has a hole that I thought a bolt went thru but it turns out to be a PLASTIC clip that you remove with clip tool a bent screw driver with a V at the end. That can not be seen as it is on top of the frame, you just have to know where it is.

Trust me any one of us could do this. I was out the door at 1030.

If I can figure out how up load pix I will. If you jack up the right rear you can see the hose from the rear axle pump to the radiator. there is a clip at the radiator with a PLASTIC cover you can turn and see the spring clip. On the pump is a nut.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS IT AS EASY OR EASIER THAN I DID. IT WILL DRIVE YOU CRASY WHEN YOU SEE HOW EASY IT IS,

Jay...

Hollywood could not have scripted it any better. Saturday morning at the Spring Mountain track it was a crystal clear 60 degree day and I was walking to the drivers meeting for the second track day at the Shelby Bash. My phone rings and the Ford dealer is calling telling me parts are in and they want to schedule the fix.

So today 2-14-17 I was sitting at the door to the shop area at 0650 for a 0700 opening. Doors open I pull in and Service advisor Pete Murrin who owns a GT 500 himself walks up telling how excited he was to shave their first GT 350 recall in for repairs. I told him I wanted to take pictures of the old lines after it was opened up and new lines and new lines installed before buttoning it up.

I asked if the front wheels needed to come off and he said he didn't know and asked why. I told him I hadn't had time to clean anything from the Bash. He said if I tell Austin the mechanic doing the work to take them off they would come off. They took the wheels to the wash rack and I was able to clean and polish the two fronts while Austin did the repair. I walked back into the shop twice got all the picture I wanted and talked to Austin about doing extended studs on the spindles and how much work the rears would be. I also cleaned the belly pan and the splitter so they looked new when they went back on.

Austin was in his mid 20's and every question I asked he was able to talk in depth with me about it.

This repair is so easy it took longer to open it up than it did to replace hoses. You have a spring clip on one end and a nut on the other. The brace holding the two hoses together has a hole that I thought a bolt went thru but it turns out to be a PLASTIC clip that you remove with clip tool a bent screw driver with a V at the end. That can not be seen as it is on top of the frame, you just have to know where it is.

Trust me any one of us could do this. I was out the door at 1030.

If I can figure out how up load pix I will. If you jack up the right rear you can see the hose from the rear axle pump to the radiator. there is a clip at the radiator with a PLASTIC cover you can turn and see the spring clip. On the pump is a nut.

I HOPE EVERYONE HAS IT AS EASY OR EASIER THAN I DID. IT WILL DRIVE YOU CRASY WHEN YOU SEE HOW EASY IT IS,

Jay...

Thanks for the Update Jay.

When I got to the office Monday, I called my dealer. My Service writer, who happens to be called Jay, told me he would order the parts and call me when they arrive to schedule.

My car was picked up from Shelby in Vegas for its ride home to Florida today. So hopefully next week the recall will happen.

I had my recall done today. Mechanic said only issues he had was removing the splitter. He said it was a bitch to get off. I asked him how much oil he added to top off and he said none. That only lost a few ounces of oil and when he checked it was in the middle of the stick. It seemed strange but I checked oil level when I got home after car had been sitting for about an hour and the level on the stick showed a little above the first hole, so appears to be okay. Everything looked buttoned up good, splitter seems tight to bumper. Total time was about 2 hours 15 min.

Edited by IASHELBYGT

I had my recall done today. Mechanic said only issues he had was removing the splitter. He said it was a bitch to get off. I asked him how much oil he added to top off and he said none. That only lost a few ounces of oil and when he checked it was in the middle of the stick. It seemed strange but I checked oil level when I got home after care had been sitting for about an hour and the level on the stick showed a little above the first hole, so appears to be okay. Everything looked buttoned up good, splitter seems tight to bumper. Total time was about 2 hours 15 min.

Just in time for Spring!! :rockon: