TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recall Letter

Shelby J

This is one of their worst nightmares IMO. They had big hopes for this car, and now this. Oh sure, they'll get her fixed alright, but the public hears of this and stops by their stealership to purchase a car only to be told they're on "stop sale"..... :drop:

Not what you want with a marquis type car. :(

This is one of their worst nightmares IMO. They had big hopes for this car, and now this. Oh sure, they'll get her fixed alright, but the public hears of this and stops by their stealership to purchase a car only to be told they're on "stop sale"..... :drop:

Not what you want with a marquis type car. :(

Exclusivity :cool: ha

Standing by for the Q1 2017 fix.

• 3 weeks later...

I want my car fixed...and not NEXT YEAR. My husband is paranoid and thinks we shouldn't drive it. Tired of waiting. What's taking so long?! It's only 8,000 cars. It's not like this is the Takata airbag fiasco. Now with a SECOND GT350 catching fire (no idea why, just look...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX4HrS6QoOA) I really can't convince my husband it's safe to drive our car. :(

Sure enjoy driving my 2016 every day. Really not to concerned . I don't track it and as Ford said since I'm aware and observe that there is no oil that puddles underneath it. Out of 8,000 ( I guess that's how many) Only one car I've heard of had a problem (the one that burned). Now I could be a what if person but with those odds ain't even going there. Just pleased that with just one car issue that Ford is stepping up to the plate to make sure this cannot happen again.

Sure enjoy driving my 2016 every day. Really not to concerned . I don't track it and as Ford said since I'm aware and observe that there is no oil that puddles underneath it. Out of 8,000 ( I guess that's how many) Only one car I've heard of had a problem (the one that burned). Now I could be a what if person but with those odds ain't even going there. Just pleased that with just one car issue that Ford is stepping up to the plate to make sure this cannot happen again.

The one that burned was a track pack and his problem wasn't due to the cooler tube assembly; it was SUPPOSEDLY snap ring failure. That being said, I'm sure there are more burned 350's we've never heard about, judging by that link to the burning R on the roadside. I also heard of one whose cooler tube line came off. I don't think it resulted in a fire, though.

Someone on M6G posted this link to a Facebook group this evening regarding a 350 whose oil cooler line ruptured. https://www.facebook.com/groups/FordShelbyGT350Owners/permalink/1290909760975831/

Again, this is NOT acceptable. You have to figure other cars have had this issue for Ford to issue the recall in the first place...or maybe THIS car was the first one, who knows? Why should customers who have paid money for this car have to wait for a fix while Ford continues to produce cars with new parts? I'm not a satisfied customer. I want my car fixed and not in 3-4 months! I don't want to risk my life or others just because I love to drive my car! So I don't!!!! Yet I'm stuck paying and arm and leg each month because Ford refuses to own up to their responsibility!

I'm starting to regret selling my 04 Mystichrome. :rant2:

• 2 weeks later...

I sold the the 350.... 7 months ago and never looked back. If I did that today I'd loss my ass. Got a 2014 GT500 and driving her everyday. Let's be honest the 500 is just one hell of a car. Don't get me wrong the 350 is one hell of a car also,just different.

Edited by mach 1 1970

I talked to the service manager at the dealership where I bought my car last week and they said they haven't heard anything from Ford yet about the fix or when they expect to hear anything. My car is parked for the winter now, but I told him I wanted it fixed by April. Damn frustrating how this is being handled.

That 2014 Shelby GT-500 Track Package is indeed One Hell of an Awesome Car.

Went to my local stealership today to inquire.

"The parts should be available Q1 of 2017. It could very well be the end of the quarter, now." (End quote)

Real close to listing it for sale. Only problem now is the public knows WTF is up, if you're looking at one of these. :doh:

Went to my local stealership today to inquire.

"The parts should be available Q1 of 2017. It could very well be the end of the quarter, now." (End quote)

Real close to listing it for sale. Only problem now is the public knows WTF is up, if you're looking at one of these. :doh:

I'll buy it from ya ...... cheap!