TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Recall Letter

Shelby J

Arrived back at my home in Calif this evening. Mail box was overflowing. Among all the BS, this from Ford Motor Co.: IMPORTANT RECALL NOTICE.....Your 2016 Ford Mustang GT350 oil cooler hose parts are in.

Not too sure how they know where my stealership is? :headscratch: I never took this car to any stealer for anything before. And it came NEW from a stealer in Iowa. :shrug:

Oh well.... I'll call around and see who has the parts. Now maybe I can drive the damn thing with confidence.

Wow, broke air bags, busted hoses, class action law suit in progress for overheating issues. Swing and a miss with the GT350 apparently. Sounds like a good time to dump out and get ready for the next 500.

You are going to be sadly disappointed if you think that the recalls on the GT350 are going to be improved by a new out of the chute anything. There isn't a vehicle made by any major manufacturer that hasn't been subject to some kind of recall. (Maybe not all instances but some cars of almost every type. Heck even our 2015 Honda CRV had a recall.) Welcome to the new normal.

You are going to be sadly disappointed if you think that the recalls on the GT350 are going to be improved by a new out of the chute anything. There isn't a vehicle made by any major manufacturer that hasn't been subject to some kind of recall. (Maybe not all instances but some cars of almost every type. Heck even our 2015 Honda CRV had a recall.) Welcome to the new normal.

Really, other cars have been recalled? Wow, that is one mother of a revelation! Who knew?

Well guys I'm on my second recall letter telling me the parts are coming in on this or the next quarter Bull S... I'm tired of getting these letters for a potential hazard that could kill you or me. Now I know I heard the potential is higher in some states due too extreme heat and humidity that may cause airbag inflator housing to deploy and abnormally rupture in the event of a crash with metal fragments killing another Shelby owner.

I believe the high risk factor due too extreme heat and humidity could CAUSE PREMATURE AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT (WITHOUT A CRASH) resulting in a extreme "Hazard" resulting in injury or death. Now I know the Safety Recall Letter does not say anything about premature deployment, but in only makes sense. If you get into a crash causing the air bag to deploy it's not going to make any difference what State you live in because the same potential is there.

As far as having them turn it off well that's for discussion another day.

Edited by Rod Simas

Well guys I'm on my second recall letter telling me the parts are coming in on this quarter Bull S... I'm tired of getting these letters for a potential hazard that could kill you. Now I know I heard the potential is higher in some states due too extreme heat and humidity that may cause airbag inflator housing to deploy and abnormally rupture in the event of a crash with metal fragments killing another Shelby owner.

I believe the high risk factor due too extreme heat and humidity could CAUSE PREMATURE AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT (WITHOUT A CRASH) resulting in a extreme "Hazard" resulting in injury or death. Now I know the Safety Recall Letter does not say anything about premature deployment, but in only makes sense. If you get into a crash causing the air bag to deploy it's not going to make any difference what State you live in because the same potential is there.

As far as having them turn it off whey that's for another discussion.

You are talking about the air bag recall. This particular topic is directed to the GT350 oil cooler line recall. There are many topics already on the air bag recall, including time lines and gaps. Bottom line is that the parts are now likely not until end 2QCY17 or later but please continue that discussion on one of the topics related to the subject.

Sorry about that twobjshelbys I believe I must be getting tired and thought my redirect was on the correct subject line, I guess there's a lot more problems out there with are Shelbys.

Went to scout a few Stealers today...trying to get a warm and fuzzy on where to trust, getting hosed.. :lol:

I decided on Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad Ca.

Made the appt. for April 19. Knowing this whole deal was gonna go down eventually, I never installed the front splitter. They tell me that's more than 1/2 the battle. So mine oughtta go fairly quick. Gonna have em do the first oil change too...WTH. Jiffy Lube had a better deal, but I know the kids there would need to do a test drive. :drop:

Edit - Almost forgot....some sales squid in a suit and tie walks up to me and says, "Is that a GT350?" No lie!

I barely made it out of the car....you know the rub, it was his "up"....next customer on the lot. I told him, "Uhhhh...yes it is." His reply was "Oh, it looks different on the back, so I wasn't sure." :doh:

Edited by BIKEBOY

Went to scout a few Stealers today...trying to get a warm and fuzzy on where to trust, getting hosed.. :lol:

I decided on Ken Grody Ford in Carlsbad Ca.

Made the appt. for April 19. Knowing this whole deal was gonna go down eventually, I never installed the front splitter. They tell me that's more than 1/2 the battle. So mine oughtta go fairly quick. Gonna have em do the first oil change too...WTH. Jiffy Lube had a better deal, but I know the kids there would need to do a test drive. :drop:

Edit - Almost forgot....some sales squid in a suit and tie walks up to me and says, "Is that a GT350?" No lie!

I barely made it out of the car....you know the rub, it was his "up"....next customer on the lot. I told him, "Uhhhh...yes it is." His reply was "Oh, it looks different on the back, so I wasn't sure." :doh:

:hysterical::hysterical:

Cynthia,

You are going to come out of this smelling like a Rose. Drive it home like you stole it, with the windows down so the wind can blow your hair.

Jay...

Ha! Wanna know what happened? So I go in for my appointment, get on the shuttle for home, dealer calls driver and asks if I'm on the shuttle 'cause...turns out they didn't have all the parts in! They were apologetic but needless to say this does nothing to alleviate my fears of allowing the dealer to perform the work. I will say they did install the splitter and didn't mess that up so there is still hope. They called me two days ago to let me know that NOW they have all the parts in but it's been raining and I'm waiting for it to hold up before I take it in.

Given what I've been told it might be a few days before it stops.

ROW,ROW,ROW TOUR BOAT!!

Good Luck

Jay...

Screw the rain. I made an appt for Tuesday, rain or shine! :D Oh, and I asked about rivet replacement in case mine are ground down to nothing (as far as I know, the middle of the splitter must be removed to do the work?) and the dealer had to check to see what I was talking about. I told them to order and I'd pay for the rivets. I don't know how many there are that might need replacing (dealer said there were four...) so I took a look under the car and noticed about 8 that looked sketchy.