TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SuperSnake Hood with Dual Stripes

ShelbyEra08

Unfortunately, I am unable to find a certain thread/post about my question (because I know I read it somewhere) so I will just ask. Anyone that installed a SuperSnake hood on a 07-09 Car and went with the factory Lemans (Dual) Stripes with the same dimensions, was there any issues with the stripe running into the hood vents? I thought I remember somewhere that the driver side stripe may run into the hood vent.

• 2 months later...

I did...

if you have the same colored stripes as me good luck. I called tousle ford and they have no tungsten grey stripes left, no vinyl shop sells that color anymore as well even 702 graphics who supplies Shelby for their supper snakes.

I have to buy the last roof stripes and trunk stripes just to piece together what I have and it cost me a lot of money

• 1 month later...

Yes that was me I just finished my hood and one vent cut out is in closer to the stripe than the other . So I called spp and they measured their museum car and it was the same. I've also talked to other owners with same problem , all SS hoods have this defect newer model or old . Now with the SS stripes it's not as noticeable as with the dual lemans.

Yes the vents are not centered due to were water will drop down into engine. So when installing the dual stripes they will be slightly off center, however they must be tapered down as well back end wider then front. Stock stripes are this way as well tapered. If done right it is not noticeable unless one has tape measure.

post-35652-0-40000300-1487523889_thumb.jpg

Edited by Shelby73