TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Any toughts on this one?

T-K

Yes it appears to be well taken care off along with being well documented. If it was the higher 725hp I'm sure it would have been sold already. 605hp was not bad back then but now with 707 hellcats and 850hp Super Snakes the 605hp cars are currently being passed over.

Now with that said this car would be a great buy for a Tasca Ford fan being that it was the first Tasca mod shop Super Snake built.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

This car did sell on a Car Auction in PA earlier this year, anyone happen to know what auction?

Market is tough getting high dollar`s for both KR`s and SS`s!

This 2007 has been listed for 6 months, it`s a nice car, love the color, but it is 10 years old and not the 725 package. I was looking for a Vista Blue 08 KR,

but this SS looks really nice. I have no interest in it beeing the first Bob Tasca build, but it`s of course something you can brag about :)

Any opinions on pricing on a car like this.....i know it`s worth what buyers are willing to pay, but at $63K and sitting for 6 months something tells me it`s a little high?

Just asking, not to experienced in the SS market :)

$63g's for a 9 year old car? Yeah, it's pretty and yeah, it's 'special' but unless you've got $$ to burn, I've gotta ask, is it really worth $30-35g's over a base 07-09 GT500? Are you going to get $30-35g's more enjoyment out of that car over a a base 07-09 GT500?

Sorry, but that's the practical side in me coming out.

$63g's for a 9 year old car? Yeah, it's pretty and yeah, it's 'special' but unless you've got $$ to burn, I've gotta ask, is it really worth $30-35g's over a base 07-09 GT500? Are you going to get $30-35g's more enjoyment out of that car over a a base 07-09 GT500?

Sorry, but that's the practical side in me coming out.

Absolutely...... the cost to have an SS made back then was 30 - 35. So yes the price is right on target. Park an 07-09 SS next to a base GT500 of any year. The value is clear.

I would not buy a car from a Used Car Dealership, especially an auction car, but that is just me. At Auction they didn't pay near that. Wait for an enthusiast to sell one, they come up on this website several times a year.

Just my 2 cents, IMO there are a lot better used cars for that amount of money.

I would not buy a car from a Used Car Dealership, especially an auction car, but that is just me. At Auction they didn't pay near that. Wait for an enthusiast to sell one, they come up on this website several times a year.

+1

Absolutely...... the cost to have an SS made back then was 30 - 35. So yes the price is right on target. Park an 07-09 SS next to a base GT500 of any year. The value is clear.

To you maybe, but certainly not me. My GT500 is a daily driver. I don't have that kind of $$ to squander on a garage queen. I'm not a collector but a practitioner- my car gets used. For that kind of scratch, I'm thinking Corvette or '13-14 GT500.

I took a serious hit once buying from an auctioneer. Never again.

Lee

To you maybe, but certainly not me. My GT500 is a daily driver. I don't have that kind of $$ to squander on a garage queen. I'm not a collector but a practitioner- my car gets used. For that kind of scratch, I'm thinking Corvette or '13-14 GT500.

It's good to hear another enthusiast using their Shelby every day. I don't daily drive my SS, but I do have 60K miles on it. Yes, lots of SS buyers end up parking their cars in garages until they sell them, but there are a rare few of us that actually use the product as Carroll intended.

Lee

That makes no sense. Who said you couldn't drive an SS everyday if you bought one? Or are you saying that an SS is so much better than a vett or 13 -14 that you wouldn't want to drive the SS everyday for fear of hurting it but you would drive the vet and 13-14. ? Edited by sheppd01