TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Raptor Competition

Anyone see the unveiling of the Dodge Rebel TRX?

If the suspension can do what they say it can do this truck is a Raptor killer. A BIG 6.2 575hp V8 vs the Raptor 3.5 Eco-boost V6 at 450hp. That's 125hp difference so you'd have to change those little trurbo's right away

Not a Dodge fan but they got this truck looking right and its coming with Baer Claw brakes from factory. As I already said the suspension is the key and the Raptor's is Baja proven but if Dodge can dial their truck in they will steal 50 percent of Raptor buys purely because of the V8 engine. The Raptor will have the 10spd Automatic that Ford and GM designed together however the Dodge has the 8spd Automatic and if its the ZF then its a far superior tranny.

This will be interesting

The new Raptor is 500lbs lighter than the last one so I'm sure it's lighter than the Dodge product. Dodges have been historically heavy and late to the party. The party started by Ford 6 years ago.

That all 'aluminum' body not ideal for serious off-roads. Ask any of the off-road race teams who are using the F150's and they have to seriously strengthen the chassis/body, but for every day users who cares if there is a weight difference. I hope Dodge build it because they are going to steal Raptor buyers just on the engine alone. HUGE mistake putting the 6-banger in the truck. We are Americans we love our big trucks with big V8's and if wanted a V6 or fuel mileage I'd go buy one. Ford sold a shit load of Excursions regardless of what engine and they hold their value today because of the 7.3.

If Dodge is able to keep the production cost down they will steal the Raptors thunder. I don't believe that the R&D TRX show model with all it's bells & whistles that Dodge will be able to keep the cost down as it is now. However Eco friendly Ford needs to wake up, before the Raptor is a truck of the past. Ford needs to go back to dropping the 6.2 into it's Raptors. That would be a better idea !

If Dodge ever produced a TRX with Hellcat power, all bets would be off!

I hope they do cause it'll make Ford rethink their bad idea of eco-boost in the Raptor. If Dodge dials in that suspension it'll BBQ the Raptor for lunch

I believe the only thing Ford would rethink is dropping production of its Raptor if its sales were to drop. There are to many government mandates on the auto industry to get the mileage performance up.They all will have to comply with these mandates sooner or later. I wonder what Shelby could do to improve the TRX. It would be interesting to see.

There is rumor of a 5.0 option later on. The 2010 had a 5.4, then went to optional 5.4 or 6.2, before quickly dropping the 5.4 because no one ordered the 5.4 once the 6.2 was available.

The aluminum argument is weak though, because the frame is still all steel. Dropping bricks into the bed is not a Baja feature.

But, yes, the Raptor will lose a good chunk of market share to the dodge v8.

....lets hope it sucks out most of the douche element I see so much of out of the raptor demographic.