TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GTE

jaydub Mach1

I for the life of me don't understand why we don't call this a Shelby GT and limit options. I would be also interested in what the actually real build time is on these cars, which has been a problem with me pulling the trigger on one.

They sold better with the pricing on the originals we all purchased in the 10-12 K range. I do like the cars................. gg

The Shelby GT should continue as a V8 Model, the Shelby GT-E should only be the 4 Cyl Eco-Boost letting the "E" stand for Eco Boost and the Striped down V8 GT-E should be called the GT/AC or Shelby SCCA Edition for Auto Cross. Having a Striped down version is great so more people can afford one. That is why Saleen and Roush started building a Sport Model

Edited by tesgt350

The E stands for Enhanced. Right now we are quoting 30-60 days to build a base model with no options. The big delay is getting on a lift. We are looking on @ 30 day from when a car arrives to hit the lift. The GTE is a fast build.

• 2 weeks later...

The Shelby GT should continue as a V8 Model, the Shelby GT-E should only be the 4 Cyl Eco-Boost letting the "E" stand for Eco Boost and the Striped down V8 GT-E should be called the GT/AC or Shelby SCCA Edition for Auto Cross. Having a Striped down version is great so more people can afford one. That is why Saleen and Roush started building a Sport Model

Lol

From the press release.

LAS VEGAS Sept. 2, 2016 Leveraging more than 50 years of passion and performance, Shelby American, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), today unveiled the all-new 2017 Shelby GTE (for Enhancement)

Edited by sheppd01

Lol

From the press release.

LAS VEGAS Sept. 2, 2016 Leveraging more than 50 years of passion and performance, Shelby American, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc. (CSBI:PK), today unveiled the all-new 2017 Shelby GTE (for Enhancement)

You are correct Sir.

Enhanced.

An agreement w Ford not to use the GT cause Ford uses it! So Shelby added the E. Having mine built as we speak

I am not so sure this is an accurate statement. Shelby has used the Shelby GT name plate for years. In addition GT is such a common nomenclature in the car world it is hardly "proprietary". Would you mind referencing who or where you heard this info so we can determine whether you are providing accurate info or making stuff up as you go along? Congrats on your new ride.

Edited by mhr1961

Don't need to make anything up only repeating what Shelby said. Maybe others need to research n report out! No need to liar or spread bad info. If people take it that way, I apologize. Before CShelby pasted he made agreement w ford again. Shelby American has only been producing the Mustang for the pat several years. ROUSCH has been doing this w Mustang since Shebly sold his rights in 67???? Recently Ford asked Shelby to change their name so their would be no cofusion, Shebly thus changed it to GTE. That's what I know! Believe it or not! Happy trails to all!!!!

Nobody was calling you a liar. The accuracy of what you posted was questionable because it is different from what was posted in an official press release from Shelby and some of us were curious who told you this information or where you heard this information you posted because, again it is quite different from the press releases.

Perhaps someone from SAI can weigh in on what the "E" stands for and as to why they quit using the Shelby GT nameplate.

Edited by mhr1961

It's Enhanced, not to make an excuse but I was discussing prior to the release w Shelby. They said they couldn't say anything until the release date. I never checked back for official my mistake and thank you for the correction. Safe travels!

• 2 weeks later...

Enhanced, really... need to go back to the SAI table and start over with all models and straighten out what looks like bad decisions and or rushed decision

As the ol' man said in naming the 65 GT350, "if it is a great car, the name will not matter, if it is a bad car, the name won't save it." The GT350 name did not refer to horsepower or cubic inches, just the distance from the office to the shop. The GTE is not an electric car or a Ford Ecoboost GT, it is an enhanced Shelby Mustang GT. Makes sense to me.

Edited by 66GT350PS