TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Engine power - GT350R twin turbo Hellion install and dyno

Larry T

Yes it was.

I've been very curious to know how the GT350 would respond to pair of turbos. Very conservative on the tune and boost, probably a smart move but it sounds like then have plans to test it with more down the road with expectations of 1000 ponys, which sounds very optimistic to me.

I think a pair of small turbos to boost the power low in the RPM range makes a lot of since. It's how Ferrari makes their power. Although I did hear something about the differences in the VooDoo from the traditional FPC that makes it not a good candidate for forced induction. Maybe that was specific to Superchargers and placing a pulley on the crank?

Edited by EL SHELBY

• 4 weeks later...

Why? The 5.2 is great by itself

The video doesn't tell you everything especially the negatives. I am building a one-off custom for myself using the 5.0 Coyote and talked to Hellion and my install shop about their Twin Turbo setup and lets say its not exactly as portrayed in the video. If you want to go 1/4 great, anything else and you have issues and both told me the same thing. Great power and even better looking but if you are not drag racing all the time then go do your homework first. Not my opinion its what I was told

Why? The 5.2 is great by itself

The video doesn't tell you everything especially the negatives. I am building a one-off custom for myself using the 5.0 Coyote and talked to Hellion and my install shop about their Twin Turbo setup and lets say its not exactly as portrayed in the video. If you want to go 1/4 great, anything else and you have issues and both told me the same thing. Great power and even better looking but if you are not drag racing all the time then go do your homework first. Not my opinion its what I was told

Great info!