TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NPD Silver Springs Mustang & Ford Round Up 2017

David Hawkins

Well with the crappy weather we're having and a predictions for this weekend I'm going to have to back out this year. We voted and I got out-voted 3 to 1. :rant:

The cold I could take, but the with the rain/sleet factored in the wife's said, "NOPE!" :doh:

However next week I be heading down to the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee to check out the action with four other buddies (no wife's). Anybody going there? Over 3,000 mostly Muscle Cars in attendance for auction. It's like a giant carshow as you walk around and check them out. Lot's of classic Shelby's in attendance. :cool:

Well with the crappy weather we're having and a predictions for this weekend I'm going to have to back out this year. We voted and I got out-voted 3 to 1. :rant:

The cold I could take, but the with the rain/sleet factored in the wife's said, "NOPE!" :doh:

However next week I be heading down to the Mecum Auction in Kissimmee to check out the action with four other buddies (no wife's). Anybody going there? Over 3,000 mostly Muscle Cars in attendance for auction. It's like a giant carshow as you walk around and check them out. Lot's of classic Shelby's in attendance. :cool:

Sorry to hear you are not coming down.

Whats the cost of Mecum. sounds like a good substitute.

Sorry to hear you are not coming down.

Whats the cost of Mecum. sounds like a good substitute.

It's something like $20 bucks or so per day. You can't bid, only observe. However if you see something you like that didn't sell or bid high enough, you can make the owner an offer. If they accept it, you then have to register as a bidder so Mecum gets their money either way. It's actually a little more complicate than that but I just enjoy walking around an looking at the vehicles. Until I win the Powerball, I probably won't be bidding. ;)

It's something like $20 bucks or so per day. You can't bid, only observe. However if you see something you like that didn't sell or bid high enough, you can make the owner an offer. If they accept it, you then have to register as a bidder so Mecum gets their money either way. It's actually a little more complicate than that but I just enjoy walking around an looking at the vehicles. Until I win the Powerball, I probably won't be bidding. ;)

I will go just to look. Really enjoyed Barrett Jackson last year in Palm Beach.

Kissimmee is much closer for us...may go over on Saturday

Damn! With the chance of thunderstorms at 80% on Saturday, and the fact I had to have back surgery today, I am going to miss out on the event that I had been planning on for almost a year! Crap! Oh well, I am still planning on driving to the Shelby Bash in March! Better to miss this and make that one IMHO!

Damn! With the chance of thunderstorms at 80% on Saturday, and the fact I had to have back surgery today, I am going to miss out on the event that I had been planning on for almost a year! Crap! Oh well, I am still planning on driving to the Shelby Bash in March! Better to miss this and make that one IMHO!

It's Silver Springs.......the Weather could change for the Better at 8:00am

Best wishes for a successful surgery.

The Rain chances are lowering so I'm going. A buddy from Pensacola is meeting me at my House Friday Morning and we are going to cruise down to Cedar Key to watch the NPD Cruisers roll in for Lunch. I will be in my Van and Brian will be in his Cobra Shinoda.

IMAG0132 a.jpg

031a.jpg

Believe me I would love to go, but one day post back surgery, and I can barely sit, let alone stand and walk around looking at all those gorgeous cars! Plus the wife is afraid of riving the Shelby, and my 16yo son is a WOT kinda kid!

Rain chance down to 50% as of 6 PM

Believe me I would love to go, but one day post back surgery, and I can barely sit, let alone stand and walk around looking at all those gorgeous cars! Plus the wife is afraid of riving the Shelby, and my 16yo son is a WOT kinda kid!

Take it easy and save it for the Bash.

There will always be next year for Silver Springs.

Bill, we are planning on going to Mecum as well. Let us know.

We are trailering the ShelbyGT out to Vegas in March. Keep us updated on you departure. We will be leaving from Orlando.

Bill, we are planning on going to Mecum as well. Let us know.

We're planning on arriving there Tuesday and heading out Friday. Spend very little time inside watching the auction, spend most of it outside checking out the cars that have been across the block and those scheduled. It's like a giant car show looking at 3,000+ cars. :cool:

Friday I was in a Tee Shirt, Rain started Friday Night and was over by 9:00am Saturday Morning and gradually got pretty cold by 3:00pm. Still had a LOT of cool Cars there.

Looks like attendance was down from previous years in the video below. Saw a couple of old friends and a lot of familiar cars of others in the video too. Sorry I missed it. :(