TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pictures of 1st track night

How long were the sessions ? Not trying to be a Debbie downer but was there any heat issues with the trans ? If not then that is great news. Having that car on the track is where it's meant to be. Looks like a ball for sure. I know when I was @ the North America tour that ford puts on .....it was nice to rev that sucker to 8000rpm in 3rd gear. Just amazing to hear that sound and experience that buzz you get. Sure like to get my hands on a R model some day.

Edited by mach 1 1970

How long were the sessions ? Not trying to be a Debbie downer but was there any heat issues with the trans ? If not then that is great news. Having that car on the track is where it's meant to be. Looks like a ball for sure. I know when I was @ the North America tour that ford puts on .....it was nice to rev that sucker to 8000rpm in 3rd gear. Just amazing to hear that sound and experience that buzz you get. Sure like to get my hands on a R model some day.

Sessions were 30 minutes long.

Got 28 minutes in the first session. Got 18 minutes the second session. The heat was pretty bad.

The third session, did not rev as high, was shifting at 5500-6000 rpm like a GT would, had plenty of power. Kept me on the track for the full 30 min session. Still had some limp mode but being a beginner on the track, it was still fun