TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cute story you guys will love!

Doug_GT350

I was at a yard sale this weekend, with the Shelby of course, and a couple walks by and said "Oh! you have to get a picture of this car for Lucas". The woman proceeds to tell me about her 7 year old son Lucas that just loves Mustangs. His Grandfather was there also and he told me that he has a Vette and Lucas wants him to sell the Vette so "they" can buy a Mustang. Anyway, they told me that there was a project at school where the kids had to write a fairy tale and color a picture to publish in a book. All the other kids wrote stories about castles and dragons except for Lucas. His Fairy tale was titled "The Mustang"! I loved it and asked his mother if I could have it to post up here because I know you dads and grand dads would love it!

post-25056-0-34739900-1467717553_thumb.jpg

post-25056-0-79360400-1467717614_thumb.jpg

post-25056-0-50192000-1467717644_thumb.jpg

The last pic is Lucas with his Grandfather holding the book.

actually it's a King Cobra. All I have is his mothers phone number. I can text her and ask for an address.

nope, not a King Cobra, just a Cobra II (a '77, I think). I had the Charlie's Angels Cobra II as my 2nd Mustang, and would still have it if it didn't get totalled. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Except most kids only know cars from "Fast and Furious" or video games like Grand Theft Auto, so they won't have any idea how cool it is to be in a Shelby. The youth is being wasted.

The Need For Speed, Forza and Grand Turismo video games have Shelbys in them so that's good.

Edited by Secondo

I was at a yard sale this weekend, with the Shelby of course, and a couple walks by and said "Oh! you have to get a picture of this car for Lucas". The woman proceeds to tell me about her 7 year old son Lucas that just loves Mustangs. His Grandfather was there also and he told me that he has a Vette and Lucas wants him to sell the Vette so "they" can buy a Mustang. Anyway, they told me that there was a project at school where the kids had to write a fairy tale and color a picture to publish in a book. All the other kids wrote stories about castles and dragons except for Lucas. His Fairy tale was titled "The Mustang"! I loved it and asked his mother if I could have it to post up here because I know you dads and grand dads would love it!

attachicon.gifLucas3.jpg

attachicon.gifLucas1.jpg

attachicon.gifLucas2.jpg

The last pic is Lucas with his Grandfather holding the book.

Cool story thanks for sharing this Doogs....the Mustang on the little fellas t-shirt is a 77 Cobra II identical to the one I had back then same color also.

I was at the bank a few weeks ago squaring away my deposit cashiers check to Dave here on TS to buy his GT350.....

Kid (personal banker) asked what I was buying. First off, that's rude as hell. But I didn't care to share. Told him I was buying a brand new Shelby GT350.

He looked at me like a deer in headlights. At a total loss. He was maybe mid to late 20's. Response, "Ahh, nice". I asked him if he knew what that car was. His reply, "Nah, but it sounds cool!"

Good grief! :drop:

• 2 weeks later...