TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT350R-C. ...IMSA series.

FORD SHELBY GT350R-C LEADS CONTINENTAL 150 QUALIFYING, MAXWELL TAKES RECORD-TYING 12TH TOTAL POLE

Today .....

The Continental Tire 150 takes the green flag at 12:25 p.m. for two and a half hours of racing. The event will be streamed live on the FOX Sports GO app and IMSA.tv. It will be followed by WeatherTech Championship qualifying for the Sahlens Six Hours, beginning at 3:40 p.m. ET on IMSA.tv.

Watch the 350GT R-C ..... And the Ford GT race @ the Glen over the weekend. Go FORD !!!!!

Edited by mach 1 1970

6 hours? 6 minutes of that stuff and you've seen it all Dude.

You don't have to feel compelled post your unwanted opinion all over this forum. Road racing is the heart and soul of Shelby. Drag racing was not.

Ford GT @ the Glen is on FS1 ...10am today... 6 hour race.

As of 10:35 Ford GT 1st in class.

Got the DVR going for this race along with the F1 Austrian GP. Hoping for another Ford GT victory!

If you haven't watched the F1 race...you're going to find it 'interesting'...

Watching the 6 hrs now...c'mon Ford, you can do better than that...

Yeah..... heard there was drama on the last lap. Guessing Hamilton and Rosberg tangled again. I'll watch in it's entirety later today. Off to the pool with the family.

Sideoiler/Jaspar is back! :hysterical:

Yeah I recognized him a few days ago. It was only his third post at the time. I am sure he will be around for few more weeks spreading his pleasantries. It seems no one will do anything until half the forum is pissed.

I see Barbosa's #5 Corvette is the overall leader at the half way point just now and 4th, 6th and 7th. And Chevy is 1, 2,3, 4 in the PC class.

PC class .....duh ...maybe next season they won't need drivers.

Chevy 1,2 Ford 1.2. Nice job Westy !

In the Saturday continental race this has never happened before but.....

The Shelby GT350 was in the lead but in the pits they could not get the front tire off. It took two stops to finally get it off late in the race. That cost them a win.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Great finish for the Americans, only left out of top in the GTD class.

Yeah it's too bad ...Ford doesn't put the mustang in that class. Heck rumor had it the mustang was going to race in the GTLM class.

They should put it in one of them. But I guess that Ford GT team is pretty expensive (those drivers they got are the best, reminds me of how CS raided Duntov's racing team in late 1963), and after winning LeMans when it really, really, counted (50th anniv. of first win) I can't fault them. :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Streaming live now on IMSA tv. Billy Johnson out front Shelby GT 350R-C. Lime Rock.

This forum doesn't seem to have much interest in road racing. Don't understand it because that's where the first Shelby was born.

Edited by mach 1 1970

Streaming live now on IMSA tv. Billy Johnson out front Shelby GT 350R-C. Lime Rock.

This forum doesn't seem to have much interest in road racing. Don't understand it because that's where the first Shelby was born.

I've noticed that as well, but I think it's due to more people thinking of the GT500 as a drag racing car. Oh well, Ford/Multimatic just keeps chalking up the victories, way to go!

Road racing 100% here. Could care less about drag racing. Wish IMSA would relax the rules a bit so there would be more cars in the field again. Maybe we'll see the GT350R-C racing soon in the Pirelli WC.

Chevy C7 R finish 1.2. 3 spot Ford GT. Got notified today my application for the Ford GT got turned down. WTF .....where the hell would I get over $475K to spend anyhow on a car...... Thanks for saving my marriage Ford and my retirement.