TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats going on at Shelby American????

hotrod40

Is Shelby American falling on hard times???

I called Shelby American today and was informed that they have terminated their vice president of sales Gary Sheckner at the beginning of this month and also AJ Akos, vice president of design and operations/production, is no longer with the company as of last Monday (a week ago last Monday)

No one is publicly talking about it at Shelby, no press releases on Team Shelby etc but if you call Shelby American they will not deny it. I am just wondering what's next for Shelby American because if you don't have Vice President of sales and you don't have a vice President of design and operations/production....... what do you have???

Any others out there have any info.?

I posted this on the SAAC forum. No one seems to know any other info there so I thought maybe someone would know whats going on here on Team Shelby.

Do I get a hint of Bankruptcy coming at Shelby American?

Yeah, well, anyone that has been here as long as us knows better than to over react. We have seen many many people, and friends come and go at Shelby. None of it means any kind of financial crisis. In fact, dare I say they are in the best shape in years.

If anyone should be worried, it would be me, as I have a car paid for, unbuilt and in their possession. I'm not worried. Like, at all.

You guys want to know what's going on- I get it. The gossip and such you are looking for isn't going to get spilled on a forum. That said, it's nothing exciting- it's just business.

Trust me, nothing could be further from the truth. There no hint of bankruptcy or anything else. Big companies restructure all the time and make changes to stay ahead of the times and move forward. Just seems funny someone joined today just to post that garbage.

Yeah, well, anyone that has been here as long as us knows better than to over react. We have seen many many people, and friends come and go at Shelby. None of it means any kind of financial crisis. In fact, dare I say they are in the best shape in years.

If anyone should be worried, it would be me, as I have a car paid for, unbuilt and in their possession. I'm not worried. Like, at all.

You guys want to know what's going on- I get it. The gossip and such you are looking for isn't going to get spilled on a forum. That said, it's nothing exciting- it's just business.

Great News!!!! Thanks for the reply.

NO CAMARO guy here,...My blood runs blue!!! :shift:

Cool, What are you getting built? a Shelby GT? A Shelby Super Snake?

:lurk:

Is Shelby American falling on hard times???

I called Shelby American today and was informed that they have terminated their vice president of sales Gary Sheckner at the beginning of this month and also AJ Akos, vice president of design and operations/production, is no longer with the company as of last Monday (a week ago last Monday)

No one is publicly talking about it at Shelby, no press releases on Team Shelby etc but if you call Shelby American they will not deny it. I am just wondering what's next for Shelby American because if you don't have Vice President of sales and you don't have a vice President of design and operations/production....... what do you have???

Any others out there have any info.?

I posted this on the SAAC forum. No one seems to know any other info there so I thought maybe someone would know whats going on here on Team Shelby.

Do I get a hint of Bankruptcy coming at Shelby American?

For those of us who have been around a while, these shake ups happen from time to time. The company is in good hands and I highly doubt they are in finantial trouble. Sometimes things don't work out as planned so, you change the plan. Gary Patterson is still there and very active.

Staff changes happen and no business is obligated to tell you why. They just handled production of 150 GT-H cars and have sold a number of the Heritage Collection prototypes, so I am not concerned about financials. Customer service for parts continues to be a frustration. Nothing new there.

For those of us who have been around a while, these shake ups happen from time to time. The company is in good hands and I highly doubt they are in finantial trouble. Sometimes things don't work out as planned so, you change the plan. Gary Patterson is still there and very active.

True, over the years we've seen so many come and go. Heck, for that matter it's not that unusual these days, especially with the younger generation, to switch jobs every 3 years.

What ever happened to Amy the person who helped put the whole thing together with Mr Shelby and Ford ? I really liked her and I think she got a raw deal. The whole operation seemed to change once she left.

Edited by mach 1 1970

What ever happened to the women ( can't remember her name) that kind of put the whole thing together with Mr Shelby and Ford ? She came from match box. Gezzz I'm getting old. I really liked her and I think she got a raw deal.

That's Amy Boylan, She was President of Operations until her contract ran out. She went over to "West Coast Customs", not sure if she is still there.

Edited by tesgt350

That's Amy Boylin, She was President of Operations until her contract ran out. She went over to "West Coast Customs", not sure if she is still there.

I did actually meet Amy briefly at Las Vegas Motor Speedway when Shelby sponsored the NASCAR race there. Those were cool times!