TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New member, long time owner, introduction

Hello Team Shelby. I am here to try and meet some like minded folks and hopefully attend some events both on the track and off. I do not have a Shelby but I do have a 1965 fastback that started off as a I6 auto when I bought it in 1993 and is now powered by a 331 stroker mated to a top loader and is prepped for track days. I caught wind of this group when I attended an event last year at the Blackhawk Museum that Peter Brock spoke at.

I am planning on running at the Mini Nats in August, but I would like to try an attend a meet before then, perhaps snakes at the lake. I am still trying to see if I can make that event work with my schedule.

I am also curious if anyone can recommend a shop to perform an alignment on my car. I still have the stock upper and lower control arms and have not yet found a shop that can get me dialed in with the older style shims. I do have adjustable strut rods and variocentric adjustment on the lower control arms...

post-46376-0-93875300-1465252899_thumb.jpgpost-46376-0-65973400-1465252911_thumb.jpg

scottiedawg66,

I see this is your first post. Welcome to Team Shelby! Great to have you with us.

Regarding your alignment question, please reach out to Custom Alignment http://www.customalignment.com/ in the South Bay for assistance with your front end. They are well known to TS-PCR members.

We look forward to having you join us at our upcoming events.

Best,

Jim

Welcome To the Family.

The next local event is June 25th Snakes at the Lake, open to all ford powered cars.... http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php/topic/91177-7th-annual-snakes-at-the-lake-tahoe-cruise-saturday-june-25-2016/. Lots of fun and a great way to meet the folks in in your net of the woods....

thanks for the warm welcome! I am really hoping I can swing snakes at the lake. my in laws live in Tahoe Vista. Just trying to figure out logistics to get my wife and 2 month old up there. Fingers crossed, it looks like a good time.

Scottiedawg66, welcome aboard! I have been a member since 2010 and let me tell you, this is the right crowd for you. I am like you. I, too, own a classic non Shelby mustang. The people in this club are very nice. You will not be disappointed. Where abouts in CA do you live in?

• 3 weeks later...