TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Clutch assist spring? Leave, replace or remove?

• 3 weeks later...

I replaced mine with the Steeda one after just a few days of owning the car. I love it and it's the best mod I've done so far. It makes the clutch so much more linear and easier to modulate. It barely affects the stiffness but it gets rid of that artificial 2 stage, springy feeling and makes it feel like a normal car again. I just got back from the Track Attack and had a chance to feel the stock clutch again and it just re-affirmed my decision. It's so much better with the Steeda spring.

• 2 weeks later...

The very first thing I noticed the first time in the drivers seat, was that "something was wrong with the clutch".

At first I thought it was me....being overly sensitive. But, after reading all the reviews on this, I felt relieved. Thank goodness there really is a problem with this stock spring.

I've ordered the STEEDA piano wire spring and it should be here by this Fridee. I can't wait. Everything I've read says it transforms the car.

:dance:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Been driving the car a bunch more, and I must say, the difference is huge.

It's not even a second thought now. Where before, I kept waiting for the pedal to spring back at me on the uptake.

:victory:

Any photo`s of these two springs? Love to pass on to my nephew who races his R model .

• 3 weeks later...

Any photo`s of these two springs? Love to pass on to my nephew who races his R model .

I deleted the pic I had of em side by side, Jim. Sorry. :(

The 3 fittys come with a two piece coil....specific to it. Unlike the rest of the S550's. However, the same part # from STEEDA, works on all models.

I replaced mine like day 2, so I can't even remember how bad it felt anymore. I just remember it was like it wound up like a toy rubber band helicopter and released as you'd expect that to.

Edited by BIKEBOY