TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Just got a GT350 at $2k under MSRP in Canada

WCJ

Competition Orange, Black Stripes, Technology Package, painted black roof. The dealer had 5 in stock and seemed pretty motivated to sell.

I've seen the stories about dealers in the USA getting $10-15k over list...anyone know what the situation is like here in Canada? Is my $2k under msrp deal typical?

Anyway I should be able to pick it up Friday. Can't wait to get it home!

FYI dealer is St. Thomas Ford in Ontario.

Competition Orange, Black Stripes, Technology Package, painted black roof. The dealer had 5 in stock and seemed pretty motivated to sell.

I've seen the stories about dealers in the USA getting $10-15k over list...anyone know what the situation is like here in Canada? Is my $2k under msrp deal typical?

I would say its a good price , that's the same dealer that sold my nephew his R model.

Congratulations. Orange and Black stripes, black roof, I'll have to go take a look at it. :)

Got the GT350 home today. I'm sure I'm not going to say anything that anyone else here already knows, but here goes anyways...

I have a 2010 GT500 as well, and boy this GT350 is a different kind of beast. I *love* the sport exhaust sound...why would anybody turn it off...ever? What a sweet sweet sound that Voodoo engine makes. It doesn't have quite the lower RPM grunt the supercharged 5.4 has but that 8000 rpm redline (and that beautiful sound) more than make up for it.

The new 6 speed shifts better too, I find I don't get that occasional little grind on 1-2 shifts that I get during "spirited" driving with my GT500.

While I don't have the Recaro Seats, the ones that came with the Tech Package are very comfortable and have better bolstering than the ones in my GT500. And heated and cooled seats are something my wife definitely welcomes in the GT350.

And of course all this cool technology that I wish my GT500 had - different driving modes, heads-up shift indicator, line lock, launch control, adjustable suspension and steering, even SYNC 3 is a nice improvements from the 2010 version.

I like the feel of the electric assist steering, sport mode feels about right for me for just about any kind of driving.

I haven't been able to really tax the brakes or test the handling yet, but those huge rotors look pretty cool even if I never need them.

The only thing for me so far that I find a bit lacking is the sound system - You'd think on a vehicle at this price point they could have given it better sound - a subwoofer would help but I suppose that would mean added weight.

Oh and the back seat is pretty much useless, but who cares! Did I mention that I really like this car? :)

20160528 183006089 IOS

Edited by WCJ

Got the GT350 home today. I'm sure I'm not going to say anything that anyone else here already knows, but here goes anyways...
I have a 2010 GT500 as well, and boy this GT350 is a different kind of beast. I *love* the sport exhaust sound...why would anybody turn it off...ever? What a sweet sweet sound that Voodoo engine makes. It doesn't have quite the lower RPM grunt the supercharged 5.4 has but that 8000 rpm redline (and that beautiful sound) more than make up for it.
The new 6 speed shifts better too, I find I don't get that occasional little grind on 1-2 shifts that I get during "spirited" driving with my GT500.
While I don't have the Recaro Seats, the ones that came with the Tech Package are very comfortable and have better bolstering than the ones in my GT500. And heated and cooled seats are something my wife definitely welcomes in the GT350.
And of course all this cool technology that I wish my GT500 had - different driving modes, heads-up shift indicator, line lock, launch control, adjustable suspension and steering, even SYNC 3 is a nice improvements from the 2010 version.
I like the feel of the electric assist steering, sport mode feels about right for me for just about any kind of driving.
I haven't been able to really tax the brakes or test the handling yet, but those huge rotors look pretty cool even if I never need them.
The only thing for me so far that I find a bit lacking is the sound system - You'd think on a vehicle at this price point they could have given it better sound - a subwoofer would help but I suppose that would mean added weight.
Oh and the back seat is pretty much useless, but who cares! Did I mention that I really like this car? :)

Get off my lawn :lol: Congrats.

That is what they should be selling for. Suckers here in the US line up and bend over at the hands of their friendly neighborhood Ford dealer with each and every new SE Mustang that comes along without fail. The up coming GT500 will lay a very serious beat down on the GT350s and their market values will slide south in short order. GT350s will be yesterdays news once the GT500 takes center stage and anyone with a good knowledge of this stuff knows as well.

Jim, you sure do have fist hand experience what can happen when messing around with the fastest color. :hysterical2: That race was a lot of fun. I sure hope we can get "everyone" together for next years run. :clapping: If you are still thinking about getting a Boss? Give me a call.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I missed your post, just saw it today. Congrats on your GT350 and looking forward seeing it. :) I'm sure the GT350 alternator might work out a little better next time you take on a Boss. :hysterical:

You are on good drugs....the boss was behind me when the alternator went out.....you need to come down for Lakeland in Nov. I should have both the GT500 and GT350 at the Lakeland show.

• 3 months later...

The stealerships here in the US seem to be selling Tech. Pack cars at or below MSRP. They're stacking up..... The Track Pack cars are commanding ADM's.

What he said...2017 cars all have the track pack now standard due to overheating issues and owner complaints. If your car isn't seeing track duty the tech pack car is fine. I have a 2017 GT350 and even in near 90 degree temps the transmission stayed really cool never even cresting the 200 degree mark. Oil temps will rise and stay steady in the 250-260 degree range. Enjoy the car.