TEAM SHELBY FORUM

This Just Sold On Ebay!!!

Wow that's a little high ,but a great car.

Yeah just a little high. What a joke. Amazing how stupid some car enthusiasts can be. You can get yourself a very nicely equipped 2LZ, C7 Z06 for 20 grand less that will run the talble on that GT350.

It's an "R" model.

They list for $62K msrp. I think if someone pays $100K he's going to lose money big time in the long run. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time! :lol:

They list for $62K msrp. I think if someone pays $100K he's going to lose money big time in the long run. But I could be wrong and it wouldn't be the first time! :lol:

+1 But to some people, $38k is like $38 to us and to them it's no big deal. They'll have the "R" model and we won't. If they don't keep it for 50 years to get their money back, someone will get a great deal on a used car.

Hmmm.... right here in my backyard, too. Some people have more money than brains. They also have a deep impact blue which would be a nice upgrade for me, but I'm not giving them $70,000. Patience is a virtue.... That car will be priced much less in the future used with low miles.

+1 But to some people, $38k is like $38 to us and to them it's no big deal. They'll have the "R" model and we won't. If they don't keep it for 50 years to get their money back, someone will get a great deal on a used car.

Yeah I guess you're right, hadn't thought of it that way. Wel'll by it used from them at a steep discount instead.

No, you are not wrong. You are right on the money. The dealers are ass raping the suckers on this one for sure. The GT500 will drop a bomb on the "R". New car enthusiasts are a fickle lot and the attention along with money will migrate rapidly to the next latest greatest. "R" owners who bent over with an ADM will understand how this dynamic market works when their friendly neighborhood retailer won't give them 50K at that point.

No, you are not wrong. You are right on the money. The dealers are ass raping the suckers on this one for sure. The GT500 will drop a bomb on the "R". New car enthusiasts are a fickle lot and the attention along with money will migrate rapidly to the next latest greatest. "R" owners who bent over with an ADM will understand how this dynamic market works when their friendly neighborhood retailer won't give them 50K at that point.

Blah Blah Blah.

The new car, whatever they call it, will not affect the prices of the GT350 IMHO, especially, the R. Different marketing between two cars. We will all only know when they actually release the car.

Now, 100G large, no thanks. But some people have money to burn

Just came back from a local dealer. They had a base GT350 that was sold and they are getting one with the track package for $66K. The "R" they had sold for $50K over so he said. Which made me blurt out, "people are stupid". They also had a stage 3 Roush for $70K.

It's really a shame that Ford doesn't prevent its dealers from charging these high ADMs such as Fiat...err Chrysler has done.

It's really a shame that Ford doesn't prevent its dealers from charging these high ADMs such as Fiat...err Chrysler has done.

Chrysler didn't force anything. They incentivized dealers. They got more cars if they sold the ones they ordered. You might tack an ADM on a vehicle and still sell it, but every day it sat on the lot the fewer cars they got.

It'll be more interesting to see how Ford prevents dealers from tacking ADMs onto the new Ford GT. Ford says it won't happen. It was originally thought that the financial transaction would be done with corporate, but the application process reads that the delivering dealer will do it all, so I fail to see what prevents the dealer from holding the car hostage. The process does assign a vehicle to an individual though, and there have been some dealers who state they will not charge an ADM, but of course, those dealers would have to first be selected to be a delivery point. I'm pretty skeptical.

Hmmm.... right here in my backyard, too. Some people have more money than brains. They also have a deep impact blue which would be a nice upgrade for me, but I'm not giving them $70,000. Patience is a virtue.... That car will be priced much less in the future used with low miles.

Better that than more brains than money !

What would you do if he did sell it to someone else? Its not like that never happens.

True, its happened to me before, But in this case, he could not. Hard to explain so I wont get into it. My only point is that he has no reason to exagerate